Oct 08 2013
By: akvurthius First Son 13 posts

can i transfer saved data from PS3 ot PS4?

3 replies 12295 views Edited Oct 8, 2013

so PS4 is coming soon and as always am first when sony releases a new PlaystaionSmiley Very Happy 

so my question is i got GTA5 on Sept 17 and i finished the story line and got many trophies and i was hoping i can transfer saved data i know i can upgrade and pay 10$ to transfer the game to PS4 but does the saved data from GTA5 on PS3 come with it?

Message 1 of 4 (12,295 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: can i transfer saved data from PS3 ot PS4?

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2013

akvurthius wrote:

so PS4 is coming soon and as always am first when sony releases a new PlaystaionSmiley Very Happy 

so my question is i got GTA5 on Sept 17 and i finished the story line and got many trophies and i was hoping i can transfer saved data i know i can upgrade and pay 10$ to transfer the game to PS4 but does the saved data from GTA5 on PS3 come with it?

1. GTA5 on PS4 is only rumored, not even close to being confirmed.  So, there's no word on if you will ever be able to play a version of GTA5 on PS4, though it looks likely.
  2. Games that are on PS3 and PS4 with multiplayer components (such as CoD: Ghosts and BF4) assure us that the multiplayer progression stays with you, as that information stays on their servers.
  3. No saved game data will transfer over to the PS4 from the PS3 - they files are coded completely differently.  Your earned trophies and score stay with your PSN ID, but, no word on how that works if you start a game over again in a next-gen version.  Likely, the trophies will not unlock a second time.

EDIT: Please read this:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PlayStation-4-Everything-about-it-so-far/...

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 4 (12,288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 8, 2013

oh this sucks if i cant at least play GTA5 on PS4 

Message 3 of 4 (12,257 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Oct 8, 2013

akvurthius wrote:

This only applies to games that are coming out on PS3, and then subsequently coming out for PS4 when it comes out. It's also not for every game, only for games that are supporting this.

GTA V has no plans to be on PS4, as has been stated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 4 (12,254 Views)
0 Likes