Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
28633 posts

Re: can i play a free game i got on a UK account on my US account once it's expired?

Feb 25, 2013

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

I see, thanks BRIT - KO. By the way, I have this other problem. I have this game that I got for both my UK and US ps plus accounts (Quantum Conundrum). I downloaded it first on my UK account because it wasn't on the US store at the time, then I played it for awhile. I downloaded it again on the US store when my UK plus expired but I can't play the save file I was using on the UK game. Is this normal or some kind of glitch or what? If this is how it actually is, it seems really dumb and doesn't make any sense. I don't see the problem in me using my first save file. And yes, I played on the same user. I tried copying the file to other users, but still nothing. I'm guessing it's because the save file is tied to the region specific game? Which, again, I think is really dumb and frustrating. Now I either have to renew my plus or start over.

I don't know for certain but I'm going to guess this is the reason too, I think you are stuck with renewing your subscription or starting over, sorry.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5011 posts

Re: can i play a free game i got on a UK account on my US account once it's expired?

Feb 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

Sorry if this is confusing, allow me to explain further. Say, I have ps plus for my UK account for 30 days and I also have it for 3 months for my US account.  I download and play a free game from the UK store that i got with ps plus. Then, my UK ps plus subscription expires. Can I play that same game on my US account if it hasn't expired yet? I realize that the saved data won't be the same though. 

As long as your Plus for your EU account doesn't expire, you can play the games you got form the Plus in EU on your NA account.

Free plus games, as all the DL games, are region specific.  The plus for the region which the game was downloaded for free from must be active to use the free plus game.

So no, he can't do what he wants to do.  

Thank you PP, I thought I was going crazy!

BRIT-KO

maybe im nucking futs guys---- but his answer WAS correct-- he did state as long as EU plus wasnt expired

i play my EU plus games on my NA account

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (105 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1836 posts

Feb 25, 2013

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

Thanks for the help guys, You guys were right. My UK ps plus expired and I can't play it on US account even though that PS Plus is still active. I have one other question though. What if I make another separate UK account and get PS plus for that account? Would I be able to play the games I downloaded on the first (but still expired) PS Plus UK account?

I guess a good question is "Why are you always trying to activate Plus on another account, rather than on the account that already had it?" 

It makes no sense to me

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5011 posts

Feb 25, 2013

ive had an eu code that wouldnt work on my eu account-- said you can only have 1 trial

i imagine this is why

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 27, 2013

jpbslayer wrote:

ive had an eu code that wouldnt work on my eu account-- said you can only have 1 trial

i imagine this is why

you are correct sir. Have you tried getting plus for a separate eu account and playing a game you got on your first eu account? does it work? what about  the save file?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (71 Views)
0 Likes