Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 17 2013
By: ImOnAnXbox First Son 20 posts

can i play a free game i got on a UK account on my US account once it's expired?

14 replies 331 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

Sorry if this is confusing, allow me to explain further. Say, I have ps plus for my UK account for 30 days and I also have it for 3 months for my US account.  I download and play a free game from the UK store that i got with ps plus. Then, my UK ps plus subscription expires. Can I play that same game on my US account if it hasn't expired yet? I realize that the saved data won't be the same though. 

Message 1 of 15 (331 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Re: can i play a free game i got on a UK account on my US account once it's expired?

Feb 17, 2013

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

Sorry if this is confusing, allow me to explain further. Say, I have ps plus for my UK account for 30 days and I also have it for 3 months for my US account.  I download and play a free game from the UK store that i got with ps plus. Then, my UK ps plus subscription expires. Can I play that same game on my US account if it hasn't expired yet? I realize that the saved data won't be the same though. 

No you can't.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 15 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4555 posts

Re: can i play a free game i got on a UK account on my US account once it's expired?

Feb 17, 2013

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

As long as your Plus for your EU account doesn't expire, you can play the games you got form the Plus in EU on your NA account.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 15 (317 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48888 posts

Feb 18, 2013

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

As long as your Plus for your EU account doesn't expire, you can play the games you got form the Plus in EU on your NA account.

Free plus games, as all the DL games, are region specific.  The plus for the region which the game was downloaded for free from must be active to use the free plus game.

So no, he can't do what he wants to do.  

Message 4 of 15 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 18, 2013
If your EU Plus subscription is active you can play the games on your US account.
Message 5 of 15 (268 Views)
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Feb 18, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

Free plus games, as all the DL games, are region specific.  The plus for the region which the game was downloaded for free from must be active to use the free plus game.

Thank you PP, I thought I was going crazy!

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 15 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4555 posts

Feb 19, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

If that's true, then how come I can play my games that I got from Plus on my US account on my region accounts? I know a lot of people who are able to it, too. So, yes, he can do it as long as his Plus is activated. The only thing he won't be able to use is the dlc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 15 (235 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Thanks for the help guys, You guys were right. My UK ps plus expired and I can't play it on US account even though that PS Plus is still active. I have one other question though. What if I make another separate UK account and get PS plus for that account? Would I be able to play the games I downloaded on the first (but still expired) PS Plus UK account?

Message 8 of 15 (200 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29684 posts

Feb 24, 2013

ImOnAnXbox wrote:

Thanks for the help guys, You guys were right. My UK ps plus expired and I can't play it on US account even though that PS Plus is still active. I have one other question though. What if I make another separate UK account and get PS plus for that account? Would I be able to play the games I downloaded on the first (but still expired) PS Plus UK account?

No.

You can only re-subscribe to that account to 'reactivate' those games & make them playable once more, not create another.

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I see, thanks BRIT - KO. By the way, I have this other problem. I have this game that I got for both my UK and US ps plus accounts (Quantum Conundrum). I downloaded it first on my UK account because it wasn't on the US store at the time, then I played it for awhile. I downloaded it again on the US store when my UK plus expired but I can't play the save file I was using on the UK game. Is this normal or some kind of glitch or what? If this is how it actually is, it seems really dumb and doesn't make any sense. I don't see the problem in me using my first save file. And yes, I played on the same user. I tried copying the file to other users, but still nothing. I'm guessing it's because the save file is tied to the region specific game? Which, again, I think is really dumb and frustrating. Now I either have to renew my plus or start over.

Message 10 of 15 (137 Views)
0 Likes