i really need an answer

thanks,

Message 1 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Re: call of duty mw3

Jul 4, 2012

I would start with going into your router's home page and enabling UPNP if it is that simple for yours.  Then, open the ports that are required for PSN if the other solution does not work.  Lastly, you can always run DMZ mode on your PS3, as you aren't doing anything dangerous on your PS3.

I'm not really much of a network person, but try those.  I have UPNP enabled,  and that was it.  However, I have run DMZ profile for the PS3  before at a friends place, no problems.

Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 2 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6113 posts

Jul 4, 2012
It depends, some routers have a simple option of selection a strict, moderate or open NAT.

Go into your router settings and see if you can find a NAT setting.
"RNGsus, hallowed be thy name. Thy digits come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in the Tower. Give us this day our daily shards. And forgive us our dismantles, as we forgive those who have dismantled before us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the Cryptarch. For thine is the loot table, the engrams, and the luck, forever and ever."
~Amen
Message 3 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2012

How can i change the DMZ? is it by accessing router set up from the internet

if its like that i accesed the setup mine is 192.168.1.240,but there is nothing to change the dmz or the UPNP

111.png

Message 4 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15900 posts

Jul 5, 2012

First update your firmware. I see that your WRT54G router is using firmware 3.0...... the current firmware for your router version is at 4.2 now.....

Follow this link

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/WRT54G

then click downloads, and then click the drop-down box and select the specific hardware version for your router. Which seems to be 3.0. Download the firmware, and then update your router.

If you still cannot enable UPnP, then your router does not have that capability and you'll have to put your PS3 into DMZ. Which you'll need to assign an IP address for your PS3 in the PS3s network settings, and then enter that IP address into the DMZ section

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 5 of 6 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Jul 5, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

First update your firmware. I see that your WRT54G router is using firmware 3.0...... the current firmware for your router version is at 4.2 now.....

Great point made greyghost.  That would be beneficial for you as well.  Who knows what other small tweaks were made to keep the router running efficent and up to date.

Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes