Sep 16 2012
By: prodrumernate First Son 19 posts

blu ray drive cause problems with games and apps?

3 replies 121 views Edited Sep 16, 2012

i believe i have a BD thats not married to my mobo...i got it for free along with a broken 1 that was missing something mainly the BD in it..the 1 i have in my working p3 is the 1 i believe went to the other.but the broken ps3 will not work..the ribbon calbe hook up for the power/eject button is broken..its too small for me to solder..so i cant test the drive on it...

but want to know for sure how to know its not the rite  board?it reads disk,all lasers working properly.it recognizes music cd's and shows the titles and artist but will not play giving me an data error when pressing circle to go back..ive tried playing demos without it.but doesnt work.playing with the drive and without the drive goes to black screen..after installing youtube app and trying to load goes to black screen as well...i can play videos using my sd card..and watching videos online on other sites from putlocker...i cant remarry it.have 4.25...its an 80 gig fatboy..

Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: blu ray drive cause problems with games and apps?

Sep 16, 2012

There are ways to "remarry" a BD-drive..... you'll have to search hard though.... I stumbled upon a "how-to" last week on it but I never bothered to bookmark it since I no longer repair PS3s

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 16, 2012
i seen 1 way but i need to be down graded to FW 3.55 ..i cant afford the e3flasher or progskee or anything like that.kinda in a rut on it rite now...im not sure if there is any other way to remarry it to the board or not..i searc on and off since most of the info is the same and nothing new about 4.25 yet
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 19, 2012

I'm having simular problems with my buddies FatBoy Ps3. I believe it is an 80G but it does have the SD card readers and it only has 2 USB ports on the front. Inside it has a black plastic covered power supply instead of the metal one.  I havent seen that BD model before either it had no board on the bottom and i could not find a sensor to tell it there was a disc at the door (if that makes sence). The BD won't except discs and the same sketchy ribbon cable on the bottom. The gears and arms were on track and they werent jammed. When I replace the BD (after batteling the pain in the @$$ ribbon cable) the Ps3 fired right up and would not except a disc. On top of that now the system will boot to the XMB but if you load an app. it goes to a blank black screen. I've had a Ps3 do this to me before but it was a different model and after it wnt to a black screen i would push eject and it would load up fine until i fixed my BD. I havent had a chance to go back over and see if this will work on this model yet but none the less is there any suggestions anyone might have on these issues?  

Message 4 of 4 (71 Views)
0 Likes