Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2012
By: pinhead21 First Son 14 posts

**bleep**? I'm starting to lose patience with the PSN all together.

6 replies 277 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

My games crash all the time. I constantly have to restart my router and shut down my ps3 to re-gain connection and there is only a computer and my playstation connected to Road Runner at any given time in my home. The PS Store has been changed into the most retarded hard to navigate piece of crap I have ever seen and the youtube app works like **bleep** and doesn't find half of the actual stuff i'm looking for. I try to play a song and it gives me maybe a live version and 3 billlion covers from random **bleep** sitting in their basements that think they can play guitar. I've just started using google to get to the actual youtube site which works fine. God **bleep** it I have been fighting for PS, talking it up, claiming how supperior it is to xbox since day one and  in the last couple months I've basically been forced to change my entire attitude. It can't be ignored or brushed off anymore concidering I've had friends come over with their xbox's with live recently and they have played flawlessly on the same exact games I've been trying to play on PSN. (Mainly RE:6 and Battlefield 3) This makes me sad because I hate Xbox but I've basically had the proof put right in front of me. If I can find a controller for the 360 that resembles a ps controller I may have to jump ship. Oh and if you read my previous posts the Trophy syncing still isn't working. I did it for 13 hours yesterday and got nothing above 13%. AHHHH this **bleep** driving me nuts!!!!

Message 1 of 7 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Re: **bleep**? I'm starting to lose patience with the PSN all together.

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

If your games are crashing all..... the.....time.... in OFFline games, I'd say your PS3 is fracked. If it's online.... and as far as your other online problems......  from playing FFXI for 7 years then perfect world for another 2, I've met alot of people. And one thing I DO rememeber people saying is Road Runner has sh!tty connections.  I HAVE BF3, and RE 6, and 40 other games since I got my PS3 in Dec last year. I also have U-verse. I have NEVER had any problems with it so there's only one conclusion. I'm assuming you have one of the newer PS3 Slims and not a fatboy that likes to overheat and die. And since all slims are exactly the same (cept hard drive size), conclusion is... something's fracked up on your end. There's nothing wrong with their network. And mine's on WIFI

OR....... you do realize internet connections dont' go in one straight line from end to end right? The connections go through multitudes of "hubs" all over the country/planet that.... well transfer the connection to another "path" on it's journey. It's very possible a hub in between is borked for you. I forget how to find out but maybe lolRoadRunner can find out.

Message 2 of 7 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Nov 19, 2012

okay, first off you have to look at your connections...

Sometimes it is that simple, like a loose connector or a broken one, etc..

It could even be a frayed ethernet cable, or a bad one at that..

I went through the dreaded disonnects also....

What i eventually did to resolve it was this..

I bought all new ethernet cables from monoprice.com

I purchased all cat 6 cables with high quality connectors...

Once installed it lasted for a longer period, but still disconnected...

So i bridged my modem so it doesn't act like a router..

Now it is a straight out modem....

I tried that but it still happened..

Although it lasted even longer than before....

So i then looked at my router itself...

I figured out that it was shutting the net off after so much traffic...

So i bought a new router, at the time it was the best belkin made....

I set it up, made the ps3 have a static ip..

And went to playing, not only has the internet became faster, but no more diconnects...

You see, it was all of them creating the problem.

Not just the router, the router was blocking traffic after so much flowed through.....

Hope this helps you get gaming again worry free...

If you need some help let me know...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 3 of 7 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Nov 19, 2012

doubt it's any of that, since he said other friends bring over Xbox's and Ps3's and everything's fine for them I have to assume the only thing AT his house that could be the problem is the PS3 itself.

Message 4 of 7 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10001 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Are you running it wired or wireless? My 360 runs great with Wifi but my PS3 runs horrible. I have tried everything to fix it but have come up empty. I run my PS3 wired and have no problems what so ever. Best Buy sells a 50 ft ethernet cable for 19.99 in the gaming section.

Message 5 of 7 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 26, 2012
The ps3 requires all your internet. Does not want to share even with a 3g cellphone in wifi mode. If you so much as download a picture it will not run properly.
Message 6 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

LOL wth? you need better internet...... I have 3 PC's running in the house almost all the time (2 of which connnected by wifi WITH internet on) and I have U-verse so that takes a little bandwidth. ANd my PS3 is connected to the WiFI and I never have a problem.....

Message 7 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes