Dec 08 2012
By: ReeseJ89 First Son 1 posts

being harassed online

[ Edited ]
8 replies 876 views Edited Dec 10, 2012

The user account (user ID removed) has being saying he is going to hack my account and get me banned. He has a friend under the accounts of (user ID removed) and (user ID removed) that use moded ps3 to cheat online and download illegal content. I would really like some help sony. Please contact me

Edited for blacklisting and personal information

Message 1 of 9 (876 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38743 posts

Re: being harassed online

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

ReeseJ89 wrote:
The user account (user ID removed) has being saying he is going to hack my account and get me banned. He has a friend under the accounts of (user ID removed) and (user ID removed) that use moded ps3 to cheat online and download illegal content. I would really like some help sony. Please contact me

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

First things first, please please please remove your personal phone number from your Thread/Post, you are seriously asking for far more trouble than that which you say you are going to get from these so called "hackers".

Please also remove the PSN ID's of the names of the people who you say are "threatening" you, blacklisting is not allowed on these Forums.

If you don't do any of the above your post will be edited for you by a member of the Moderation Team & the PSN ID's & your telephone number will be removed anyway.

Okay on to your issue, no one, i repeat no one can "hack' your account unless you give them your password, or if you've made it so easy to guess, if you're that worried about it go in & change it now.

No one can get you banned either, unless you've done somethign wrong of course.

Try not to let these "idiots" get to you, they are making hollow threats to you & likely many others, they get a kick out of it, try to ignore them.

Finally feel free to report the PSN ID's here using the link I have supplied below:

http://np.us.playstation.com/

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 9 (860 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

As per usual, BRIT hit the nail on the head. most users who claim to "hack" or "mod" their systems/games for the purpose of cheating are mostly just kids trying to look "cool" in front of their online friends. Most of them couldn't hack a gameboy anyway so i wouldnt't sweat it.  

If on the off chance that something were to happen to your account though, there are several lines to sony's phones with helpful representatives waiting to help. 800-345-7669 

Message 3 of 9 (828 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

WHOA!  TMI!

I would listen to BRIT, STAT.

Never give out PSN IDs of others not involved in the conversation, or in any indication of there actions.  Most of all, never, never, NEVER, give out your or anyone else's phone number here.

You are asking for more trouble than a simple ban or removal.  You want to get hacked or have your data corrupted, then you are on the right track.

Think a little before posting.  I mean this in the friendliest way possible.

Moble

Message 4 of 9 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24487 posts

Dec 10, 2012

I reported this a while ago and it's still up?!? Smiley Surprised The OP gave those people they claim were harassing them online a way to harass them by phone if they just come to the forums. Awesome!!!

Message 5 of 9 (812 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4145 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Moved from PSN Support. Cat Surprised

space_cape!!

Message 6 of 9 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

I reported this a while ago and it's still up?!? Smiley Surprised The OP gave those people they claim were harassing them online a way to harass them by phone if they just come to the forums. Awesome!!!

ne1, I would give you Kudos for this, but I am abstaining.  Check this thread out.  I think it is right up our alley. Smiley Wink

Moble

Message 7 of 9 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Dec 10, 2012

We all tried to warn the OP.

Oh well.  Another one bites the dust.

Moble

Message 8 of 9 (797 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 17, 2013

I also have been harassed by some players, one specifically. Now I read this and understand I cannot say his user name, which I would very much like to do... I would like to know how I am supposed to properly report harassment? Or do you honestly not give a flying... duck... what your players in your community do? Is it just a free-for-all? Or are there anti-harassment guidelines? Can I report this... jerk... somewhere? If so... show me where and I will file a very complete report and  (although I know there are privacy issues involved in notifying me if it were to happen) I want him banned... There is NO CALL for his behavior. It was offensive, aggrivating, and only served to ruin my gaming experience and help destroy a normally good gaming community.

Message 9 of 9 (719 Views)