Splicer
74 posts

Re: banned from playstation network

Feb 15, 2010

bcamp450 wrote:

tried to make another account. that isnt working. this doesnt seem fair. while i understand the reason for banning users there is no way to know if a used console is already banned. should be a way to fix this problem

You have a valid point, but you also have to look at it through Sony's eyes. How would they know for sure that the previous owner sold it and you purchased it? I'm sure a banned user has tried calling in and using that as an excuse at some point. My advice would be to either talk to Sony and see what you can accomplish or take it back to wherever you bought it and exchange it for a different one.
Message 11 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 15, 2010
Double post, but...You should NEVER buy anything off of craigslist that's A.) that expensive or B.) without testing it first. I don't think you will be able to get unbanned since there's really no way to prove that you purchased it after it was banned.
Message 12 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5296 posts

Feb 15, 2010
Craigslist .

Message 13 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Feb 15, 2010

That is probably why the previous owner got rid of it, knowing he was banned, and could not get anywhere with it.  At that point, he did not care what happened after that, since the MAC address was being blocked.  Did you know the previous owner?

Message 14 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: banned from palpitation network

Feb 15, 2010
IM thinking you are right. I do understand their side of it. Again knowing that your customers buy this game console for online game play you would think that this problem would of been considered. People should really think about this.
Message 15 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
774 posts

Feb 15, 2010
Dosent the ban only last for a few days?  It cant be permanent???  Can it??
Message 16 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 15, 2010
no....... called him says hes know nothing about it. asked for my money back said no...
Message 17 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 15, 2010
teck support said it could be forever. waiting for a call back from them. cant get to me until tuesday or wensday. that why i tried posting it hear. to me this isnt a good thing. it could happen to anybody. again people should think about this. 1 teck told me to go buy another console. like its really that easy. ps3's are a dime a dozen right???
Message 18 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
774 posts

Feb 15, 2010

bcamp450 wrote:
teck support said it could be forever. waiting for a call back from them. cant get to me until tuesday or wensday. that why i tried posting it hear. to me this isnt a good thing. it could happen to anybody. again people should think about this. 1 teck told me to go buy another console. like its really that easy. ps3's are a dime a dozen right???

WOW!!! A permanent Ban????  The PS3 main attribute is the online gaming.  Take that away and its not the same.  That blows!!!!!  Smiley Sad  Sorry to hear that man.  

Message 19 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 15, 2010

bcamp450 wrote:

Every place near me is sold out, besides, they are $250+, they can't just expect you to go out and buy a new console. Maybe you can forward them the ad that this guy made and also your email conversations? That might convince them that you actually purchased it recently.

Message 20 of 54 (215 Views)
0 Likes