Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2010
By: koifish Gaming Beast 2265 posts

are there bluetooth headphones for ps3?

12 replies 2246 views Edited Feb 6, 2010
i dont mean a headset i mean headphones for audio. i need it because i play my ps3 at late night most of the time and i cant have the tv to loud so i was thinking maybe i could get bluetooth headphones for ps3 or something, anyone know of one?
Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - koifish
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Re: are there bluetooth headphones for ps3?

Feb 6, 2010
I'm not sure about bluetooth headphones but any USB headphones should work fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Feb 6, 2010

koifish wrote:
i dont mean a headset i mean headphones for audio. i need it because i play my ps3 at late night most of the time and i cant have the tv to loud so i was thinking maybe i could get bluetooth headphones for ps3 or something, anyone know of one?

Good luck getting responses on this.  I noticed some new blutooth headphones with a built in mic in the Sony Style website.  I asked this exact question in the forums here with NO responses.....

I broke down and went the wired route and got Tritton AX-720 headphones.  Although I hate the wired part, they are very very good.

60 GB Launch day PS3
1 Terabyte external HDD
65" Olevia LCD 1080p tv
Sony STR-DG820
7.1 Polk Audio system
12" Velodyne Sub

http://www.vimeo.com/2789077
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 6, 2010
I just found this thread.  Seems my initial response might not be accurate.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Mar 8, 2011

IF you got $7.70 bucks to spare, you can use any headset/headphones for ingame sound like you've been asking for.

1. Buy Stereo Splitter

2. Plug your headphone jack + AV cables into these Stereo Splitters for ingame sound (+ chat).

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/3150BwkTaFL._SY100_.jpg

Note:

Change the Audio Settings to "Audio Input Connector/SCART/AV Multi"

if use are using an HDMI for Video display

-------

There are those who hate me, and those who truly despise me.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Mar 8, 2011

The original poster wanted wireless headphones. He ended up buying a wired headset with RCA inputs. Please don't drag up year-old threads.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 8, 2011

well there is a headset. its made by blue ant and they are head phone and also it comes with a mic that u can take of its pretty cool

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13931 posts

Mar 8, 2011

Well, as the thread has already been bumped, might as well update it with current information; so it won't be a waste of everyone's time to read it again.  Any Bluetooth headphones that have either an RCA input, or a digital optical input, will work with the PS3, but you won't be able to chat in games.  There now is a Bluetooth headset available that is compatible with the PS3, and combines chat audio with game audio; the Turtle Beach Earforce PX5 (http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx).

Another option is the Astro Gaming A40 Wireless.  The Astro Gaming headset doesn't use Bluetooth, but it is wireless (5.8Ghz band), which is probably what the OP mainly wanted.

Both headsets are around $250, which is probably why the OP decided to go with the wired units, which are less that $100 in the stereo versions, or $150 with 5.1 surround sound.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 9, 2011

I have a pair of Motorola S10-HD bluetooth headphones I used for my phone (mytouch4G) and my PS3. works great, just cant use as a headset on ps3, only audio. $89 best buy.(also, if you have a phone and Ipod touch, can connect to both at same time)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Mar 9, 2011

I hope I'm not to late to throw my tid bits in here....I'm using this Sony Blu-Tooth Headset

"DR-BT160IK" this is link to Sony Shop

Sony BLutooth headset.png

The accessory is for use with Ipods...besides the point...but I use it with my PS3 and my PSP Go....I don't know if it can put PS3 audio in it and still work the mic...I have not tried it...I do know that you can adjust your PS3 audio to play through another output...As well I have not tried that...(some help)

But when I use it with my PSP Go it supports the audio and the mic at the same time...Acting as Speakers while I can at the same time still talk in Socom FTB3...As now I will have to see if the PS3 will be able to use it as a audio output and mic as my PSP Go does.....I will then post back....But if my PSP Go can do it...it seems kinda whack that the PS3 wouldn't be able to do the same....but I don't work for SCEA either...LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes