Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: anyone won a ps4 via taco bell yet?

Oct 2, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

Sony says a winner every 15 min. Its been 7 days since they started their promo, so there should be at least 672 winners already and counting. So why isnt anyone bragging they won a free ps4 with a $5 taco? If you are a winner, please post up a pic with proof. 

acording to the official rules they will only be giving away a max of 4,416 PS4s.

which is over $2.25million worth of PS4s. Smiley Very Happy

Which amounts to an average of 15 minutes between winners spread out over the next 43 days. 

Not that exactly every 15 minutes someone is winning something. Its just marketing ploy to give the illusion that the odds are in your favor

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 331 (2,639 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 3, 2013

I won; well my husband did. I could send a screen pic but that really doesn't prove anything. I did reply to a post on reddit but thats about it, I really don't feel the need to prove myself. But yes there are winners out there. I keep googling to see if anyone else posted as a win. I belive it was a friday (27th maybe the 26th)  when my husband won. He just came home from work, left  at 7am maybe entered the code around 8-8:30 am. I honestly belive it being so early in the competiton helped him. 

I hope to see more winners around! And I hope to get my sytem, I'm honestly afraid a Vita fiasco would occur .

Message 12 of 331 (2,591 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13232 posts

Oct 3, 2013
If it wasn't taco bell I would totally participate
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 13 of 331 (2,581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 3, 2013

Aware of the difficulty in reading the Official Rules due to the jargon, I want to explain how I understand how the winners are chosen. Potentially every code printed on those taco bell boxes are winning codes. A computer has been programmed to randomly seed a win within every fifteen minutes. The first person to complete a "Game Play" at or after that seeded win time will be a potential winner (has to be confirmed that there was no illegal gameplay). A "Game Play" is entering a valid code (either from a taco bell box or from a mailed in request), and can be done by each person once per day (midnight to midnight in the timezone of wherever the computer is located). An example to illustrate better: Between 8:00 pm and 8:15 pm tonight, the computer will randomly choose a specific timepoint. Let's say it is 8:13 pm. The first person to text or enter a code online at 8:13 pm or after will receive the "win" message. So technically every fifteen mintues there should be a winner, but this depends on the number of people entering codes every fifteen minutes, which in my opinion I'm sure there is AT LEAST one person in the U.S. entering a code by the end of each fifteen minute period. They state that it averages out to 1 PS4 prize package every fifteen minutes due to the randomness- the first fifteen minute period the computer could choose the win to be at 1 minute, and the next 15 minute period the win could be at 14 minutes which is 28 minutes after the first winning time but it averages out to 15 minutes each because of the large sample number (>4,000).

If you don't believe me, just look at the rules more closely. Starting October 29, online codes will be provided to all that go to the url provided in the official rules. These codes are non-unique! So I say again, the code doesn't matter, it's the timing of entering the codes. They are waiting until October 29 to give out the "free" online codes so they can gain more money from taco bell sells. These nonunique codes provided through the online page can be used over and over with the limit of once per day per player and only within the time period of Oct 29 to Nov 10. All the other codes (taco bell and postcards) are unique.

Message 14 of 331 (2,559 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Oct 3, 2013
I tried it once and it was a non winner.
Message 15 of 331 (2,555 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5754 posts

Oct 3, 2013

rottenBEEmarie wrote:

I won; well my husband did. I could send a screen pic but that really doesn't prove anything. I did reply to a post on reddit but thats about it, I really don't feel the need to prove myself. But yes there are winners out there. I keep googling to see if anyone else posted as a win. I belive it was a friday (27th maybe the 26th)  when my husband won. He just came home from work, left  at 7am maybe entered the code around 8-8:30 am. I honestly belive it being so early in the competiton helped him. 

I hope to see more winners around! And I hope to get my sytem, I'm honestly afraid a Vita fiasco would occur .

Congrats, BEE! My fiance won too! We're super excited Smiley Very Happy

If anyone else is trying to play by some kind of time strategy since there is supposed to be a winner in every 15 minute period, he texted his code around 11:45pm Pacific. I think the odds of winning would be best when most Taco Bells are closed though. Some are open 24 hours a day, and hours for the rest vary greatly by location, and there are different time zones to take into account, but...I would try after 1am Pacifc and before 7am Eastern. So there are probably less entries texted between 1am-4am Pacific / 4am-7am Eastern. Good luck!

Message 16 of 331 (2,548 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 4, 2013

A guy I work with here in Oregon just won one from Taco Bell.

Message 17 of 331 (2,401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Oct 4, 2013

all these people running to taco bell to try and win a PS4 are going to spend morein food and toilet paper than the ps4 would have cost them.. Smiley LOL

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 18 of 331 (2,397 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8030 posts

Oct 4, 2013

I haven't even attempted it and I doubt I ever will. I've pretty much sworn off eating there. The chances of winning are probably really slim, anyways.

Asperger's is the leading cause of hate against women. End patriarchy now by donating to the EminentFury Asperger's Research Fund.
Wais_45 is a good guy.
Message 19 of 331 (2,388 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

rottenBEEmarie wrote:

DID HE QUIT HIS JOB? OMG, IF IT WAS ME I'D HAVE QUIT MY JOB. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Smiley Very Happy Just kidding. Could you imagine? Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 331 (2,380 Views)
0 Likes