Waiting for the 30th for mine! Excited.
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (314 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Re: anyone got a super slim yet?

Oct 21, 2012

I plan to get one some time next month, or even the beginning of this month. I''m excited. My PS3 games have been collecting a ton of dust. And I miss LBP2.

Message 3 of 12 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Oct 21, 2012

waiting for my PS3 also 30th of this month. ill be handing out candy and playing AC3 and start the Uncharted series

Message 4 of 12 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I find it quite a coincidence that my fat PS3 died less than two weeks ago, pulled the gun on a new super slim(seeing as I couldn't find a regular and wasn't too sure about one anyway) and it will arrive Tuesday. 

I am curious about it though...mostly with how it performs and handles heat. Those are my only concerns. It looks fine to me and even if it didn't I don't care. 

So...can anyone help me out there? I've done some research but figure I'd get more info from this place.

Message 5 of 12 (291 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16129 posts

Oct 21, 2012

RavageX wrote:

I find it quite a coincidence that my fat PS3 died less than two weeks ago, pulled the gun on a new super slim(seeing as I couldn't find a regular and wasn't too sure about one anyway) and it will arrive Tuesday. 

I am curious about it though...mostly with how it performs and handles heat. Those are my only concerns. It looks fine to me and even if it didn't I don't care. 

So...can anyone help me out there? I've done some research but figure I'd get more info from this place.

Well... its going to perform the same..... its a PS3.

It should handle heat pretty well, as all of the heat producing capacitors, processors and memory chips are all mostly located to one side of the PS3. 

Im still a little upset that Sony is leaving the power supply mounted inside the PS3 when its pretty obvious that produces quite a bit of heat on its own.

In either case, the internal design looks like the power supply will be getting some cooling out of the fan

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 6 of 12 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Oct 21, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

RavageX wrote:

Well... its going to perform the same..... its a PS3.

It should handle heat pretty well, as all of the heat producing capacitors, processors and memory chips are all mostly located to one side of the PS3. 

Im still a little upset that Sony is leaving the power supply mounted inside the PS3 when its pretty obvious that produces quite a bit of heat on its own.

In either case, the internal design looks like the power supply will be getting some cooling out of the fan

I don't mean that it would enhance games or anything like that, I mean how it would behave. I can only assume that some of the other parts were made cheaply also, I hope that isn't the case for the internal components....such as the blu-ray drive and etc. 

What I am trying to figure out is if the system itself is an actual improvement in regards to issues that the previous models had. 

Message 7 of 12 (244 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Well I think the top loader is a good idea. Cuts down on size weight and electro-mechanical parts wich means less **bleep** to go wrong. One funny thing about ps3's is they never had the overheating issues on nearly the level that Xbox360's do and the power supply is internal on the ps3 and external on the xbox. Does anyone know if the ps3 is put together with lead free solder?
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 8 of 12 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9826 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Getting mine next month after my original 40GB died earlier this year.
Message 9 of 12 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
601 posts

Oct 29, 2012

My slim showed up on Tuesday, haven't played too often but often enough and so far so good. I heard complaints of the disc area being noisy but those were apparently lies. You can't hear much unless you are awfully close to it and even then it isn't nearly approaching anything you could call loud.

To me it looks better than people have made it out to be, but that's a matter of preference.

Message 10 of 12 (159 Views)
0 Likes