PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: anyone concerned about a vita price drop after launch?

Jan 20, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That may be, but the Vita's weekly sales are continuing to fall in Japan. This time (5th week) it is over 50% below last week (less than 20,000). I'm still pretty concerned about this...

http://andriasang.com/comzom/media_create_sales/

again just like the psp. the psp did not have good sales at first either and alot of people asked for a price drop that ever happened (even though psp's memory cards were more expensive.) again at start handheld's normally do not start out big it takes time in japan.

I'm talking about launch time frame btw not right now. I know the sales are not doing that good. still over all it has been doing better then the psp did in the same time frame.   there still needs to be a system seller. like ragnarok for instance. ragnarok is almost as popular as monster hunter over there. it has been said it will come out  for the ps vita but I do not know the launch date.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but that is simply not correct. In Japan, the PSP sold out of their initial 200,000 shipment within 2 days, and currently the PSP sales totals at this time frame after launch is trending higher than the Vita. The 3DS has also done much better in the same time frame after launch.

psp launched first week it sold about 100,000 ps vita sold about 300,000. you take all the sales from now and then the ps vita right now is in the lead of sales compared to the psp when it first came out.

No. I checked with vgchartz the PSP sold out at approx 165,000 (I guess it was rounded up to 200,000) within the first 2 days. While that was less than the Vita initially, it sold more in the following weeks and is tracking better than the Vita currently in sales up to this point from launch. This really can't be disputed since that site tracks all sales data by date and region.

Gamasutra states the same thing: "Its performance so far is tracking behind early sales for Nintendo's 3DS (launched in February 2011), PlayStation 3 (2007), and PSP (2004)."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39709/With_no_new_games_Vita_sales_keep_dropping_in_Japan.php

Message 31 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That may be, but the Vita's weekly sales are continuing to fall in Japan. This time (5th week) it is over 50% below last week (less than 20,000). I'm still pretty concerned about this...

again just like the psp. the psp did not have good sales at first either and alot of people asked for a price drop that ever happened (even though psp's memory cards were more expensive.) again at start handheld's normally do not start out big it takes time in japan.

I'm talking about launch time frame btw not right now. I know the sales are not doing that good. still over all it has been doing better then the psp did in the same time frame.   there still needs to be a system seller. like ragnarok for instance. ragnarok is almost as popular as monster hunter over there. it has been said it will come out  for the ps vita but I do not know the launch date.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but that is simply not correct. In Japan, the PSP sold out of their initial 200,000 shipment within 2 days, and currently the PSP sales totals at this time frame after launch is trending higher than the Vita. The 3DS has also done much better in the same time frame after launch.

psp launched first week it sold about 100,000 ps vita sold about 300,000. you take all the sales from now and then the ps vita right now is in the lead of sales compared to the psp when it first came out.

No. I checked with vgchartz the PSP sold out at approx 165,000 (I guess it was rounded up to 200,000) within the first 2 days. While that was less than the Vita initially, it sold more in the following weeks and is tracking better than the Vita currently in sales up to this point from launch. This really can't be disputed since that site tracks all sales data by date and region.

Gamasutra states the same thing: "Its performance so far is tracking behind early sales for Nintendo's 3DS (launched in February 2011), PlayStation 3 (2007), and PSP (2004)."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39709/With_no_new_games_Vita_sales_keep_dropping_in_Japan.php

as the ps vita was at around 300,000 if you add it all up the ps vita has sold more. second week the psp sold about 100,000 but then that would = to about 300,000 on the second week as the ps vita sold more since on top of ps vita's 300,000 was 70,000 third week of the psp was about 80,000 week after that for the psp was about 40,000 and so on. the ps vita over all in the same time frame sold more then the psp.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 32 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

The price that it is right now seems worth it. Unlike the other handheld which had the same price did not seemed worth that amount. I'm going to support the Vita day one even if people say the price is going to drop.

Yep.

for the price point it works for me. I am glad though that the memory cards are cheaper then the psp's and psp go's memory cards were at launch.

if the system was any more I would not get it at all though.

Memory card prices for the PSP weren't too bad, since there were multiple manufacturers making memory sticks at far lower price points than what Sony sells them for. For people the purchased the PSP when it first came out the included 32MB memory stick was good enough for game saves, you only needed a larger one if you wanted to store a lot of music and video files on your PSP...

still though they were more expensive then ps vita memory cards also cheaper  third party memory cards came out later not at launch. psp go never got a third party memory card either last I checked.

The only thing I agree with is that PSP memory cards were more expensive in terms of how much storage you got (at that time) for the money in comparison to the Vita memory cards. Today's memory sticks for the PSP are far cheaper (per GB) that the Vita's. There were 3rd party memory sticks far before the PSP ever came out, the format was well established before the PSP came out and was used in other Sony devices.

The PSPgo used the M2 micro memory stick, and that has been licenced out to Sandisk and Lexar and their memory cards. They are used in other Sony products like their digital cameras.

Here are some examples:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8#q=m2+memory+card&hl=en&prmd=imvnsr&source=u...

Message 33 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

The price that it is right now seems worth it. Unlike the other handheld which had the same price did not seemed worth that amount. I'm going to support the Vita day one even if people say the price is going to drop.

Yep.

for the price point it works for me. I am glad though that the memory cards are cheaper then the psp's and psp go's memory cards were at launch.

Memory card prices for the PSP weren't too bad, since there were multiple manufacturers making memory sticks at far lower price points than what Sony sells them for. For people the purchased the PSP when it first came out the included 32MB memory stick was good enough for game saves, you only needed a larger one if you wanted to store a lot of music and video files on your PSP...

still though they were more expensive then ps vita memory cards also cheaper  third party memory cards came out later not at launch. psp go never got a third party memory card either last I checked.

The only thing I agree with is that PSP memory cards were more expensive in terms of how much storage you got (at that time) for the money in comparison to the Vita memory cards. Today's memory sticks for the PSP are far cheaper (per GB) that the Vita's. There were 3rd party memory sticks far before the PSP ever came out, the format was well established before the PSP came out and was used in other Sony devices.

The PSPgo used the M2 micro memory stick, and that has been licenced out to Sandisk and Lexar and their memory cards. They are used in other Sony products like their digital cameras.

Here are some examples:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8#q=m2+memory+card&hl=en&prmd=imvnsr&source=u...

um but the psp go could not use thoughs memory cards sony maded it so it only would work with sony psp go memory cards. it was annouced before psp go came out. also no the psp memory cards they did not have third party cheaper memory cards at first all they had was sony branded with sundisk them being the same pricing. then later on they went cheaper.

I know some people who did not get the psp go because the psp go did not work with sundisk.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 34 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

as the ps vita was at around 300,000 if you add it all up the ps vita has sold more. second week the psp sold about 100,000 but then that would = to about 300,000 on the second week as the ps vita sold more since on top of ps vita's 300,000 was 70,000 third week of the psp was about 80,000 week after that for the psp was about 40,000 and so on. the ps vita over all in the same time frame sold more then the psp.

Show me some/any sources that agree with what you are saying. I just sited two souces that don't, and I haven't read anywhere that the Vita was selling more than the PSP (from launch to this timeframe). I have already checked with vgcharts that from launch to the end of January the PSP sold over 600K units, it has already been estabished that so far the Vita has sold 500K units, and with about a week to go it isn't likely that another 100K units will sell in Japan.

Message 35 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Show me some/any sources that agree with what you are saying. I just sited two souces that don't, and I haven't read anywhere that the Vita was selling more than the PSP (from launch to this timeframe). I have already checked with vgcharts that from launch to the end of January the PSP sold over 600K units, it has already been estabished that so far the Vita has sold 500K units, and with about a week to go it isn't likely that another 100K units will sell in Japan.

so I did the math wrong sorry about that.

Message 36 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Blah Blah Snore........the Vita will be fine..

Message 37 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 21, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Yep.

Here are some examples:

um but the psp go could not use thoughs memory cards sony maded it so it only would work with sony psp go memory cards. it was annouced before psp go came out. also no the psp memory cards they did not have third party cheaper memory cards at first all they had was sony branded with sundisk them being the same pricing. then later on they went cheaper.

I know some people who did not get the psp go because the psp go did not work with sundisk.

First of all you stated before you didn't believe that third party memory cards existed for the PSPgo, and now you are claiming to know how much they were and they aren't compatible with the PSPgo? I think you are playing games with me, with these responces of yours.

The third party cards have always been cheaper than the Sony brand, I have not seen one instance that hasn't been true. Sometimes the pricing might be close, but it is always cheaper. Sony usually charges more (I think) because of the Sony branding.

Also these cards do work with the PSPgo. I have personally tried a friend's PSPgo, and he had a Sandisk M2 card installed and it worked flawlessly.

Here are two other reviews that verify that the Sandisk does work with the PSPgo (from Amazon):

"I just got one of these for my PSP Go and it works flawlessly. I got it for less than $40 with free shipping from the seller Komputerbay and got it very quickly. Mine didn't come with an adapter, something I don't need anyway, just the tiny card in a plastic case. Why pay $60-$70 for the Sony brand or even other listings of this exact same Sandisk card? This is exactly what you need for your PSP Go and you aren't paying for the fancy retail packaging."

"I purchased this micro memory stick and have been using it on my PSP GO® for about two months now. I've downloaded three movies from the Playstation Network and they're saved in it. It works flawlessly. I would highly recommend buying this SanDisk® memory stick."

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Memory-Stick-SDMSM2-016G-K-Package/dp/B0033UPL3A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_...

Message 38 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 21, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Here are some examples:

First of all you stated before you didn't believe that third party memory cards existed for the PSPgo, and now you are claiming to know how much they were and they aren't compatible with the PSPgo? I think you are playing games with me, with these responces of yours.

The third party cards have always been cheaper than the Sony brand, I have not seen one instance that hasn't been true. Sometimes the pricing might be close, but it is always cheaper. Sony usually charges more (I think) because of the Sony branding.

Also these cards do work with the PSPgo. I have personally tried a friend's PSPgo, and he had a Sandisk M2 card installed and it worked flawlessly.

Here are two other reviews that verify that the Sandisk does work with the PSPgo (from Amazon):

"I just got one of these for my PSP Go and it works flawlessly. I got it for less than $40 with free shipping from the seller Komputerbay and got it very quickly. Mine didn't come with an adapter, something I don't need anyway, just the tiny card in a plastic case. Why pay $60-$70 for the Sony brand or even other listings of this exact same Sandisk card? This is exactly what you need for your PSP Go and you aren't paying for the fancy retail packaging."

"I purchased this micro memory stick and have been using it on my PSP GO® for about two months now. I've downloaded three movies from the Playstation Network and they're saved in it. It works flawlessly. I would highly recommend buying this SanDisk® memory stick."

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Memory-Stick-SDMSM2-016G-K-Package/dp/B0033UPL3A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_...

one you are miss reading what I have said. I said from people that told me this that sundisk micro did not work with the psp go since it was not made for the psp go.  not that I tryed it mind you.  also when the memory cards came out back durring the psp days they all cost more sundisk and so on. that is just how it was. now for the psp go you should realise I have never seen a sundisk micro for the psp go except threw your links. so I do not know the prices of there memory cards back then.

also if the ps vita uses speeds of UHS-1 for there memory cards they are priced accordingly but we do not know the speeds. there is the proof of the pricing links below.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-1-Memory-619659070977/dp/B005LFT3QG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link_code=qs&field-keywords=UHS-1%20mem...

have fun.

Message 39 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 21, 2012

I don't know what to tell you, I have tried it and it worked and two other customer reviews from Amazon stated the same. Perhaps there was an issue once, but apparently it isn't true anymore.

If you found no difference between PSP memory stick prices between 3rd party and Sony brand, then you need start shopping at other places, because I have not had any problems finding and buying a cheaper 3rd party memory stick at the PSP launch, nearly 6 years ago...

Message 40 of 50 (6 Views)
0 Likes