PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: anyone concerned about a vita price drop after launch?

Jan 19, 2012

That may be, but the Vita's weekly sales are continuing to fall in Japan. This time (5th week) it is over 50% below last week (less than 20,000). I'm still pretty concerned about this...

http://andriasang.com/comzom/media_create_sales/

Message 21 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

That may be, but the Vita's weekly sales are continuing to fall in Japan. This time (5th week) it is over 50% below last week (less than 20,000). I'm still pretty concerned about this...

again just like the psp. the psp did not have good sales at first either and alot of people asked for a price drop that ever happened (even though psp's memory cards were more expensive.) again at start handheld's normally do not start out big it takes time in japan.

I'm talking about launch time frame btw not right now. I know the sales are not doing that good. still over all it has been doing better then the psp did in the same time frame.   there still needs to be a system seller. like ragnarok for instance. ragnarok is almost as popular as monster hunter over there. it has been said it will come out  for the ps vita but I do not know the launch date.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 22 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Aside from real Japanese system sellers such as Ragnarok or Monster Hunter, another major problem that I see that Japanese are complaining about is the price of the 32gig memory card. Looking at the ratio of games sold per system sold, it seems as though Japanese are embracing digital download more than retail, making the price of the memory cards a bit a problem. Also, according to a poll done by a Japanese magazine, there is a vast number of Japanese gamers that are interested in Vita, but would like to TRY it first before buying.

I would say Sony should try dropping the prices on the memory cards long before a price drop on the system itself, and bringing out a Japanese system seller in Japan, such as Ragnarok. I do agree that the launch lineup does seem to cater more to the Western audience (especially Uncharted). A system price cut is not necessarily needed, there are other measures they can take, such as what I have listed above, that can do the trick.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 23 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

Aside from real Japanese system sellers such as Ragnarok or Monster Hunter, another major problem that I see that Japanese are complaining about is the price of the 32gig memory card. Looking at the ratio of games sold per system sold, it seems as though Japanese are embracing digital download more than retail, making the price of the memory cards a bit a problem. Also, according to a poll done by a Japanese magazine, there is a vast number of Japanese gamers that are interested in Vita, but would like to TRY it first before buying.

I would say Sony should try dropping the prices on the memory cards long before a price drop on the system itself, and bringing out a Japanese system seller in Japan, such as Ragnarok. I do agree that the launch lineup does seem to cater more to the Western audience (especially Uncharted). A system price cut is not necessarily needed, there are other measures they can take, such as what I have listed above, that can do the trick.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD

yes I have seen that too since at launch the 32GB memory cards were the first to sell out then the 16GB and then 8GB the 4GB never did sell out. so yeah big signs on the Japanese gamers going download only on there ps vita's.  also in time the memory cards will come down before the dedicated handheld anyway. if they do anything like they did with the psp memory cards that is.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 24 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jan 19, 2012

The price that it is right now seems worth it. Unlike the other handheld which had the same price did not seemed worth that amount. I'm going to support the Vita day one even if people say the price is going to drop.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 25 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

The price that it is right now seems worth it. Unlike the other handheld which had the same price did not seemed worth that amount. I'm going to support the Vita day one even if people say the price is going to drop.

Yep.

for the price point it works for me. I am glad though that the memory cards are cheaper then the psp's and psp go's memory cards were at launch.

if the system was any more I would not get it at all though.

Message 26 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

again just like the psp. the psp did not have good sales at first either and alot of people asked for a price drop that ever happened (even though psp's memory cards were more expensive.) again at start handheld's normally do not start out big it takes time in japan.

I'm talking about launch time frame btw not right now. I know the sales are not doing that good. still over all it has been doing better then the psp did in the same time frame.   there still needs to be a system seller. like ragnarok for instance. ragnarok is almost as popular as monster hunter over there. it has been said it will come out  for the ps vita but I do not know the launch date.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but that is simply not correct. In Japan, the PSP sold out of their initial 200,000 shipment within 2 days, and currently the PSP sales totals at this time frame after launch is trending higher than the Vita. The 3DS has also done much better in the same time frame after launch.

Message 27 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Yep.

for the price point it works for me. I am glad though that the memory cards are cheaper then the psp's and psp go's memory cards were at launch.

Memory card prices for the PSP weren't too bad, since there were multiple manufacturers making memory sticks at far lower price points than what Sony sells them for. For people the purchased the PSP when it first came out the included 32MB memory stick was good enough for game saves, you only needed a larger one if you wanted to store a lot of music and video files on your PSP...

Message 28 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I don't know where you are getting your information, but that is simply not correct. In Japan, the PSP sold out of their initial 200,000 shipment within 2 days, and currently the PSP sales totals at this time frame after launch is trending higher than the Vita. The 3DS has also done much better in the same time frame after launch.

psp launched first week it sold about 100,000 ps vita sold about 300,000. you take all the sales from now and then the ps vita right now is in the lead of sales compared to the psp when it first came out.

Message 29 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 20, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Incagneto wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

Yep.

Memory card prices for the PSP weren't too bad, since there were multiple manufacturers making memory sticks at far lower price points than what Sony sells them for. For people the purchased the PSP when it first came out the included 32MB memory stick was good enough for game saves, you only needed a larger one if you wanted to store a lot of music and video files on your PSP...

still though they were more expensive then ps vita memory cards also cheaper  third party memory cards came out later not at launch. psp go never got a third party memory card either last I checked.

Message 30 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes