Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: anyone concerned about a vita price drop after launch?

Jan 19, 2012

superfriar19 wrote:

what company cut their price 6 months after launch?  the other handheld on the market.  it went from 249 to 169.

yeah nintendo. they cut there 3DS 6/5 months after launch not before. they also did this with virtual boy and nintendo 64 and game cube.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 11 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 19, 2012

I don't think there will be a price drop for a while, maybe the end of the year but more likely next year. Even if there was a price drop sooner rather then later it wouldn't concern me and I'm still getting it day one.

Message 12 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jan 19, 2012

It doesn't really matter to me either.

Message 13 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 19, 2012

thanks for replies everyone.  good to know people aren't worried and that they will be supporting it.  can't wait to get my hands on it.  on a side note, according to amazon i will be getting my games and memory card 6 days before i get the vita itself.  that week is going to suck.

Message 14 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jan 19, 2012

I'm not worried. Most technology drops in price but it will be months down the road.  If it drops in price that will be my cost of getting to use the Vita for months before others bought it at a lower price. I win because I get extra months of play time. They win because they possibly get a lower price months down the road.

Message 15 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jan 19, 2012

The reason why the sales aren't doing so good in JP is because there is no JP games for the Vita that have been released yet. The launch line-up is really catered to Western gamers.  Once the Vita has an actual AAA JP title, it'll be ok.

In other words: No, I am not worrying about a price cut. Early adopters are always ripped off, lol.

I know that Sony will have some kind of cool bundle for the holidays but I refuse to wait that long.

I'm getting my Vita Day 1 and I can't wait!

Message 16 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 19, 2012

I disagree with you, there were plenty of JP games at the Vita's launch such as:

Disgaea 3

Everybody Golf 6

Little King's Story 2

Ridge Racer

Touch My Katamari

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3

Virtual Tennis 4

I believe that it has to do with something else entirely, mainly due to the market conditions being much different than that of when the PSP was first lauched...

Message 17 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I disagree with you, there were plenty of JP games at the Vita's launch such as:

Disgaea 3

Everybody Golf 6

Little King's Story 2

Ridge Racer

Touch My Katamari

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3

Virtual Tennis 4

I believe that it has to do with something else entirely, mainly due to the market conditions being much different than that of when the PSP was first lauched...

that was not a launch title in japan. also all other games are ports of the psp or ps3.  also most of thoughs games in japan are not system sellers or big selling games over there anyway.  touch my katamari is the most japanese like game they have at launch and it does not ever sell as well as over here in the states. also why get disgaea 3 witch is on there psp for the ps vita?

again as I said before people In Japan see it differently then you do. on why they do not want the ps vita right now.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 18 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Looking at the Japanese PSP launch, many of the same conditions were true (ports and few original titles) and with fewer launch titles overall, and that sold extremely well initially. I mainly attribute that because the PSP was a very new a different product at the time (hyped as the next "Walkman").

I haven't read any type of analysis of why Vita has had the sales performance of what it has in Japan, but I don't think it is the software selection. I think it is something else entirely.

I do agree that the Japanese market is different than US market, which is why I am going to take a wait and see approach on the Vita when it hits next month...

Message 19 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 19, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Looking at the Japanese PSP launch, many of the same conditions were true (ports and few original titles) and with fewer launch titles overall, and that sold extremely well initially. I mainly attribute that because the PSP was a very new a different product at the time (hyped as the next "Walkman").

I haven't read any type of analysis of why Vita has had the sales performance of what it has in Japan, but I don't think it is the software selection. I think it is something else entirely.

I do agree that the Japanese market is different than US market, which is why I am going to take a wait and see approach on the Vita when it hits next month...

as any other handheld in japan it never started out big. they always start out small. just like the orginal gameboy and gameboy color and so on. psp launch was worse then the ps vita's has been.

Message 20 of 50 (2 Views)
0 Likes