Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: anyone concerned about a vita price drop after launch?

Jan 21, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I don't know what to tell you, I have tried it and it worked and two other customer reviews from Amazon stated the same. Perhaps there was an issue once, but apparently it isn't true anymore.

If you found no difference between PSP memory stick prices between 3rd party and Sony brand, then you need start shopping at other places, because I have not had any problems finding and buying a cheaper 3rd party memory stick at the PSP launch, nearly 6 years ago...

Im talking about the psp go psp go launched 3 years ago. I also never got more then 2 memory cards. just for sorting.

now with the psp all memory sick prices were the same when the psp launched. the prices now yes are cheaper but thats is now not back then. now I got only one psp memory card. before the psp launched the memory cards used all cost alot psp made them basically all come down in price. LCD tv's as well use to cost more back then.   what is now is not what was sorry.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 41 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 21, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I don't know what to tell you, I have tried it and it worked and two other customer reviews from Amazon stated the same. Perhaps there was an issue once, but apparently it isn't true anymore.

If you found no difference between PSP memory stick prices between 3rd party and Sony brand, then you need start shopping at other places, because I have not had any problems finding and buying a cheaper 3rd party memory stick at the PSP launch, nearly 6 years ago...

now about memory card prices watch this and learn something.

http://youtu.be/ObZDKFzNbTw

just getting a cheap memory card does not mean it will work as another of a different brand.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 42 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 21, 2012

I don't have an huge issue with the Vita memory card prices, since they are fairly affordable.

Since the 3rd party memory cards are licenced by Sony in order to make their cards in the first place, I am not concerned with their quality. If somehow some company makes an unlicenced card, I would be concerned with the quality and compatiblity...

Message 43 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 21, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I don't have an huge issue with the Vita memory card prices, since they are fairly affordable.

Since the 3rd party memory cards are licenced by Sony in order to make their cards in the first place, I am not concerned with their quality. If somehow some company makes an unlicenced card, I would be concerned with the quality and compatiblity...

do not get me wrong either they are good cheap memory cards out there but its like anything just because its cheap does not mean that the vaule is worth it. (like if the memory cards give out on you sooner then one you could pay alittle bit more for.)

oh wasn't psp memory cards were in a joint venue with sundisk. like this information was said before sony even launched the system. I do though remember after that all memory cards/sticks became cheaper and here we are.

also with out the handheld's in the market in the past the tech used to make them would still be more expensive then it is today.

handheld's and home consoles make the prices of other product go down because of the large supply of shipments. like how bluray is cheaper then it was when the ps3 launched.

also the ps vita memory cards are closer to psp go memory cards because of size. It really seems like people think that the memory cards are bigger then that. all the people who do a unboxing are shocked how small they are. also according to the comments alot of people think they are also bigger then they are.  like thinking sticking a sundisk micro memory card in a adapter will fit in the ps vita. when the ps vita memory cards are as small as a micro.

Message 44 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jan 21, 2012

Nope, I'm not even too concerned about it. Besides, what I'm paying for is actually worth it, regardless of the cost. Oh and if my Vita breaks after the price cut, I can get a replacement like no problem. ^^

Message 45 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jan 21, 2012

If Sony lowered the price of the Vita before the end of 2012 it would ruin their image so there's no way it's happening.

Message 46 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 22, 2012

sorry to burst your bubble but ive seen somewhere that they will in 6 months.. who knows but at the same time they could change the color and make it thinner in that amount of time and lower the price on standard.. who knows

Message 47 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 22, 2012

The price is not going to drop in 6 months. The earliest it will drop is the end of this year but more likely next year.

Message 48 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jan 22, 2012

Yeah sorry but the price will not drop in six months. I know that nintendo dropped their price for the 3ds after six months, but they are not losing money on every 3ds they make. Sony is losing money off of every psvita they make and so a price drop after only 6 months isnt going to happen.

Message 49 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
22 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Since i want it day one im not to concerned about it. Now the 3ds i got after launch and then like 2 months later they priced cut, but they tryed to make good. I dont believe sony will make good. they will maybe give you 2 games or free ps plus for a month.

Message 50 of 50 (3 Views)
0 Likes