First Son
17 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 21, 2013

a business model cannot sustain a free service in perpetuity.

http://fourversusone.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/ps-now-required-for-online-multiplayer/ 

Message 31 of 310 (260 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Dark you hit the nail right on the coffin its exactly that. Im not complaining about the *price* of the plus. Its the principles of the stipulation of it. 

Okay, for a guy who just flamed the forum because you didn't think we could hang with an .edu domain, your posts are pretty fricking uneducated, at least if English is your first language.  "Stipulation" doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.

We've been over this on another thread (on the first page of this forum - easy to find, iow).  There is no principle which decrees that multiplayer must always be free.  It is just your opinion. None of us really understand how you arrived at your opinion, seeing as how you are a PS+ member anyway, but it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.  But, please don't assert that Sony has violated some holy edict such that principles are in jeopardy.  We know better.

If I give you a Christmas gift for three years in a row, do I owe you a gift that fourth year?  Multiplayer has been free on the PS3 for years, but that doesn't mean they now owe it to us.  Once your software reaches out to other users' software, once you leave the confines of your own network, you no longer have the right to make demands.  There are websites your ISP will not let you browse.  You have to pay your ISP to browse anything at all.  I can pay $3,000 to build a monster computer, but if I don't give my ISP $40 a month, I cannot talk to you on the web.  This is not a difficult concept, people.  Multiplayer costs *someone* money.  You just don't want that someone to be you.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 32 of 310 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Then if you feel you could hang in a .edu domain then be my guest & dictate your correction on a .edu domain instead of a .com domain I can bet your not even registered with one for a person taking grammar correction to the next level
Message 33 of 310 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Then if you feel you could hang in a .edu domain then be my guest & dictate your correction on a .edu domain instead of a .com domain I can bet your not even registered with one for a person taking grammar correction to the next level

I didn't correct your grammar.  But, when you make a statement like you did, you should expect a higher level of scrutiny.  People in glass houses, and so forth.

Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 34 of 310 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Like I said take your *high end* intelligence to a .edu domain & lets just see how long you can survive
Message 35 of 310 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I don't mind playing for PS + as long as it goes toward making the servers better.  Faster download speeds would be great.  I am not a Plus + member right now.  I mostly play COD with a few other choice games picked out and since it takes so long to download something for me the free games just don't interest me.  Though techincally they are not free as if you ever let your subscribation expire you can no longer play them.

PSN:dragon672 Xbox: dragon672

Message 36 of 310 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Like I said take your *high end* intelligence to a .edu domain & lets just see how long you can survive

Well, I graduated from a university with an .edu domain (go Wolfpack!), but that is beside the point, isn't it?

You never responded to my actual post, only the part you thought was a flame (it wasn't).  If you give someone a gift for three years in a row, do you owe him a gift on the fourth year?

Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 37 of 310 (218 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Yea university dreams you wish you achieve. Google is your best friend for a valid hosting domain. Far as that goes *IF* it been a continues gift for years & gloating about how Sony will remain free of charge for online gaming *as it stated previously on its site before a change of TOA. You **bleep** right a lot of people are gonna believe *as well as I t hought I believe* Sony gonna honor its word. Besides some of the best selling games of Sony what else made it stand out & give itself the competitive edge. It sure wasn't no new cool UI or anytype of that. Don't have it posted on there site *we going to continue free online multiplayer* then change the TOA of it. I was working the time E3 press for Sony was on so I couldn't see it. But I expected imma reserve my ps4 & BF4 & still enjoy online gaming. If Sony don't change this they just don't but realize its not just me & a few other people. A got a LOT of PS3 I know join cause of free online multiplayer. I don't care about the price of the ps4 even if it was $650 I'd still reserve it. But due to a Breach within the TOA *Sony known to constantly change* Lets just see how sales will due. Until I can see *besides the great games I get with plus* changes in servers what's the processor & File transfer rate. I already got a group of ps3 players not getting the PS4. All ill say is see how much they greed run them. This will be my last PS Plus loyal subscription with them. If they wanna act like Microsoft they will get treated like it
Message 38 of 310 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Far as that goes *IF* it been a continues gift for years & gloating about how Sony will remain free of charge for online gaming *as it stated previously on its site before a change of TOA. 

I'm sorry, did you mean to say "continuous?"  

"If it been...?"

I know, I know, everyone hates the **bleep** grammar police.  I apologize.  

Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 39 of 310 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
People like you just 2 stupid to read & I gotta repeat for you to understand. I am on my Galaxy S3 so autocorrect is enabled dduummmyyy. You notice 1 thing though. Why is fools like you still trying to correct on a public .com domain instead of a .edu never mind I can already guess. *I didn't go to school long enough*
Message 40 of 310 (182 Views)
0 Likes