Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 21, 2013
Aight the new term is servers. The question is WHAT is suppose to enchance in these new servers. Cause my friends list sure not getting over 100 friends & I STILL have to delete some to make room. The only benefit *very beneficial part* is the download games & discount. Whats the name of these new servers Sony would be hosting & how much would the file transfer rate increase right along with capacity increase
Message 21 of 310 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
598 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Id pay anything to get rid of that ultra crappy slow downloading from the PSN store... that ALSO has to install after you download.

Download once. DONE! I say.

Message 22 of 310 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Is another one of these threads necessary?

Answer:

Ehhhh No.

@Oneshyne: Addressing a thread to Sony is pointless. Nobody from Sony (with power) is going to read this thread. There are plenty of others that feel the same way you do. But, you will not (nor should not) be able to convince others of your reasoning, anymore then they can of yours. Just agree to disagree and walk away.

If you really wish to try and get your voice heard, go to the PS.Blog.Share site and make a post. Hell, there might already be one you can vote on.

Good luck with your gaming future, no matter which platform you choose. Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 23 of 310 (325 Views)
MVP Support
5643 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Aight the new term is servers. The question is WHAT is suppose to enchance in these new servers. Cause my friends list sure not getting over 100 friends & I STILL have to delete some to make room. The only benefit *very beneficial part* is the download games & discount. Whats the name of these new servers Sony would be hosting & how much would the file transfer rate increase right along with capacity increase

the size of your friends list will increase

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 24 of 310 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
That's the point I'm NOT convincing nobody to agree with me. I am stating my concerns of what I disbelief on what myself feel is wrong. Oni I don't have no problem at all downloading Sony games. My download speed is 15MBPS
Message 25 of 310 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
That's the point I'm NOT convincing nobody to agree with me. I am stating my concerns of what I disbelief on what myself feel is wrong. Oni I don't have no problem at all downloading Sony games. My download speed is 15MBPS

MBPS? Holy cow! Someone let Google know that there is an ISP faster than theirs!

Message 26 of 310 (306 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I can careless what speed I'm stating facts I have no problems downloading anything on PSN. Dddduuuhhh is that really that hard foe you to understand
Message 27 of 310 (299 Views)
Wastelander
598 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Im saying AFTER downloading. It installs. When you download a game it should be ready to go.. not forced for me to wait again.

Message 28 of 310 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Oohh I understand exactly what you saying right now. But that's with all game system & pc though. It download the file 1st then install afterwards now with the new RAM the installation should blaze through like a wire
Message 29 of 310 (286 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6207 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Holy crap...why does this stupid topic keep coming up...

It's not going to bother me at all due to the fact that...
I ALREADY PAY FOR PLAYSTATION PLUS!

Why?

1) For Free Games -
I have a PS3 and Vita, wish I had been part of PS+ when it first started. Since started in December 2012 for PS3 (Vita when it finally was available), I have over 20+ games (same for Vita). Good games too to the point that I really haven't bought any games in a while. My wife lost her job recently due to the economy, so buying games is no longer a luxury I can afford on my job's salary alone. I ask for a PS+ subscription for my birthday every year now. Hundreds of dollars worth of games for $50 A YEAR is worth PS+ alone, especially for me and my family rough patch right now.

2) Heavy Discounted Games-
PS+ rivals at times with Steam's discounts at times, with 50% - 75% sales popping up all the time. There was a GTA sale that dropped all the titles of the series on PSN to $10 each for PS+ users for example and the spring/summer $5 games sale for PS+ users was nuts!

3) Cloud saves-
When I first got PS+, I had the slim PS3. Don't know why but I wanted the super slim model, which isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I uploaded all my saves to the cloud before trading my old PS3 to the new one and once I did, I downloaded them back down to the new one just fine. Plus I can have my saves anywhere like when I'm at my friends house, my saves can work on it as well. A Convenience I take for granted now.

4) Automatic updates/patches
Due to PS+, my PS3 and Vita is set at a certain time every night to check for patches and updates and installs them. When I turn on my PS3 or Vita, I get notified of this happening without me needing to do anything.

5) Great price, great value-
At first , I had the PS3 subscription to PS+ and when the service got rolled to Vita I thought I had to buy another subscription ($50 x2) but found out that the Vita and PS3 cost one price TOGETHER. That threw me for a loop, tons of games and features for both platforms for just one price TOGETHER. PS4 is now going to be rolled in this ordeal with the same deal, which in turn makes me want to keep all three platforms whenever I get the PS4 to get a ton of games. Selling my 360 got a lot easier Smiley Wink.

So when they said playing online would require me to pay for it but is rolled into the PS4 PS+ subscription...It's a no brainer. If you are already a PS+ member already like me, then there isn't a issue here as PS3, VITA, AND PS4 are all under one umbrella. Despite me and others like me not owning a PS4 yet, we are already set to play online due to us already being PS+ members.

PS+ is easily better than what Xbox live could ever bring on the table and I encourage others to try it before you knock it out as being worthless. Try the 3 month deal as its cheap and you'll come to the same conclusion and maybe switch to yearly like some of us Smiley Wink!
Message 30 of 310 (278 Views)
0 Likes