Splicer
38 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 21, 2013
Just because Microsoft has done it, doesn't mean Sony has to automatically do it. Nintendo doesn't charge (not sure if they could if they wanted to with their limited install base). However, other than MMO's, online play began on the PC free, remains free, and will remain free for the distant future. It's not only Microsoft that Sony is competing with, Apple is releasing controllers for casual gamers, and the Steam boxes are on their way eventually. No multiplayer charges there as well.
Message 11 of 310 (525 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jun 21, 2013

It is upsetting that we have to pay now, but to be honest I already do. PlayStation Plus is also a way better service then XBL in my opinion. I was a gold member for 3 years before switching over. I've been a PS+ member for about 1 year and I would take it over Xbox Live every single time. Some people might be ticked off but they seem to be in a small minorty. Also Free to play games wont require PlayStation plus, so that's good news for people who might not want to play certain games online.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 12 of 310 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I'm not going to read what you posted, because based on the title of the post and the length, you are essentially crying about having to pay money for a service.

PS+ is $50/yr and gives you thousands of dollars worth of games for free, great discounts on products and exclusive access to demos, etc. If you can't afford $50/yr (about $5/m)...get a new job. PSN is a service, and must be paid for. People demanded Sony make the PS4 no more than $399 and they complied. Now they need to make up the additional revenue to offer you this lower price. Seriously... if you can't spend $50/yr (but spend what...$60/m for Internet?) get a new job.

Message 13 of 310 (517 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Let me start off with this. 1 is this a PlayStation. Edu domain or is this a .com domain cause if its a .edu domain your mind is mentally confused. From the way your *improper* sentencing you wouldn't last 1 hour in a .edu domain so lets keep it as a .com domain. 2nd I am on my Galaxy S3 which turns my internet html layout to m.PlayStation. com do you under what HTML means or do you understand what the M. Mean in the url without Wiki it. Now back to the this topic to the other people you guys can call it what you want improve servers. Are you guys living in a fantasy land *no offense* but lets be real. Microsoft 360 players up to this day Servers not perfect & they get D/C just like we do. I can *somewhat to a small degree* believe in paying for server hosting but lets be dead up real we don't even know at all what servers Sony running on. The 1 post I can agree with with 1 of the members said about *if it help create new jobs positions & they invest in the plus right to make it more secure* then I may be all for it. But lets be serious you guys seriously DON'T think 360 servers crash I'm not talking about on a occasion more like a rare thing & to the other member that question my loyalty with PS look at the plus sign on my screename before you talk about loyalty again. I got 2+ with PS Plus not because of a mandatory order it was more of a support for PS cause of them sustaining they loyalty with us throughout the years since I found out about ps plus. I own every console except the Vita. I was considering on buying the Vita as my next thing with buying the PS4 at the sametime. This situation gives me a good judgment on if I should or shouldn't buy the Vita after seeing what its really about. Now they trying to be a replica of Microsoft & start charging for membership I see why my boy charles not ecstatic when he said he not ordering a PS4.
Message 14 of 310 (511 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Are you slow read the small part I previously posted *I AM A PS PLUS MEMBER FOR 2 YEARS PLUS. Its not hard to read at all well even just that part. Cry, cry, cry are you people that **bleep** stupid imma repeat the line again *IIII-AM--A---CURRENT--PS-PLUSS---SUBSCRIBER--FOR--2--YEARS+*
Message 15 of 310 (501 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
17140 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Yeah, it sucks, but Playstation Plus rocks! The amount of games you get with the Instant Game Collection is well worth it imo.

Message 16 of 310 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
363 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Ok  you said your a current PS + Subscriber for over TWO YEARS as you say and yet your complaining about the manditory ps+ for multiplayer? ..... WHa?

blown

Message 17 of 310 (494 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Jun 21, 2013

What exactly is the problem if you alreadly pay for PS Plus? Don't tell me it's your principles.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 18 of 310 (490 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013
It's really starting to get annoying hearing people who already pay for ps+ get mad over being forced to pay for it. What is the point of being angry. It's not taking any extra money out of your pocket since you are already paying for it. You should be happy that others have to contribute to the servers that you enjoy and realize that charging everyone will add to the server budget which should make the experience better. I'm tired of hearing complaints from people who already pay for the service.
Message 19 of 310 (479 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Dark you hit the nail right on the coffin its exactly that. Im not complaining about the *price* of the plus. Its the principles of the stipulation of it. If you take the time to think about it &give a poll if you want the poll would be more noticeable on Sony Facebook. But give the poll on exactly why people like myself join the Sony community. I don't mind paying for what I own *Note I don't argue the price of it* but nothing isn't going to improve hell I cant even add no more then 100 friends & I'm sure can't do it on PS4 & gamers really gonna apply *new servers* to the term. Nothing gonna change its just gonna be Microsoft all over.
Message 20 of 310 (478 Views)