Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 26, 2013
I get you mimic about the offset server cost your totally right. Cause people that play offline would pay for something they not using
Message 261 of 310 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Jun 26, 2013
To be fair server upkeep is insanely high

Microsoft just spent 700 million for a server hub in iowa and that will only cover 1 region. They still havent written a check for EU servers. A year of XBL from all subscribers would pay that off. Then you have to take in yearly costs. A yearly sub pays that.

As it stands xbl has 15000 servers. A 10$ fee per user per year could more than pay off those servers. But now they are upping to 300,000 so that 50$ suddenly seems a bit more fair. Wasnt fair this gen, Especially seeing as the current servers sony can afford, But exponential growth incurs exponential costs.

That doesnt even factor in playstation plus. Look at drive club. Everyone gets it free. That means the only money the publisher and developers see is what sony agreed to give them. 70 million ps3 users? That means they expect 70 million copies of their game to be sold for free on ps4 and sony has to write that check.

Just my .02
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 262 of 310 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1804 posts

Re: About mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Another thing is, do you really think the Fees will end with Plus or Live? What about Online Passes, what about Rock Star Passes? This is not the same argument. Used games are irrelevant here.
What about some other Fees we haven't heard of yet... Extrapolation!

All of these Fees are just building Up, not to mention, we still don't even know if Gaikai Serivce will cost any form of a Fee... No we don't, so neither of us can use that in our argument. Moot point.
What if it turns out that the Gekai Service costs an extra $20 a month? *Insert anti-B/C Argument* I'm not saying it will, i'm just saying we don't know... Ding, ding, ding...
If you think Plus is Cheap, wait till the PS4 comes, & you start seeing Fee on top of Fee, on top of Fee... But that is the only fee, friend, and look at what I get for paying for multiplayer.

---------------------------------

1.) First Off, I never said anything about Used Games...
2.) Rock Star is like a Season Pass, but it's covered up to make you think it's not... However, the difference is that the Rock Star Pass only covers DLC thats out, so future DLC your still paying Extra for, where as if i'm not mistaken, the Season Pass pays for everything... I might be wrong, though... 
3.) My Point about the Gekai Service is.. We have to pay for Plus, but they never said anything about Gekai Service...
What if it turns out that the Plus is small, because Gekai will cost a lot... You know, to balance out the Pricing... They gotta make it somewhere... ~_~

Gekai, could be Free to Use, but it could also be like $20 a Month, & your right, it's not Required, but how else ya gonna get your Games if you don't use it? Gekai is another name for the PS Store... The thing is, if it was Free, don't you think they'd of told us by now? Which is why I believe it probably isn't....

We don't know if the Gekai Service is Free, but lets say you gotta pay...

Now your paying for both Plus & Gekai... So now you are Buying Games, paying for Plus, & paying for Gekai, all of that probably comes out to about $80, which sounds about right, since they did say something about $100 Games being a Rumor... ~_~

Or on the other hand, you could just be paying $5 for Plus & $60 for your Games... Which sounds Cheap, but again we still don't know...

I'd rather stick to what I do know, & not buy a Console for $400 & just hoping that i'm wrong, ~_~

I could always just wait for Prices to Drop, but what happens when Games I want aren't being sold by that time, or they Replace the Console with a Slimmer Model that don't come out as good?

------------------------------------------

Lastly, & most importantly... If everyone buys into this Monthly Service, whos to say it won't get more expensive in the Future, the Price will only go up from there, it'll never go back down... Because once the Price has been set, that will be the new Flat Pricing...

You can't expect Servers to always cost the same ammout? 

The best part, is you guys pay so much for Plus Services on the PS3 already, & all of a sudden they declared none of your Content will cary over to the PS4, sounds like they really care for those who use Plus, lOl...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 263 of 310 (282 Views)
MVP Support
5492 posts

Jun 26, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

Another thing is, do you really think the Fees will end with Plus or Live? What about Online Passes, what about Rock Star Passes? This is not the same argument. Used games are irrelevant here.

All of these Fees are just building Up, not to mention, we still don't even know if Gaikai Serivce will cost any form of a Fee... No we don't, so neither of us can use that in our argument. Moot point.
What if it turns out that the Gekai Service costs an extra $20 a month? *Insert anti-B/C Argument* I'm not saying it will, i'm just saying we don't know... Ding, ding, ding...
If you think Plus is Cheap, wait till the PS4 comes, & you start seeing Fee on top of Fee, on top of Fee... But that is the only fee, friend, and look at what I get for paying for multiplayer.

1.) First Off, I never said anything about Used Games... You mentioned online passes. You only have to pay for an online pass with used games.
2.) Rock Star is like a Season Pass, but it's covered up to make you think it's not... However, the difference is that the Rock Star Pass only covers DLC thats out, so future DLC your still paying Extra for, where as if i'm not mistaken, the Season Pass pays for everything... I might be wrong, though...   Blame Rockstar thehn, not Sony.
3.) My Point about the Gekai Service is.. We have to pay for Plus, but they never said anything about Gekai Service...
What if it turns out that the Plus is small, because Gekai will cost a lot... You know, to balance out the Pricing... They gotta make it somewhere... ~_~

Gekai, could be Free to Use, but it could also be like $20 a Month, & your right, it's not Required, but how else ya gonna get your Games if you don't use it? Gaikai is rumored for streaming older games, not PS4 games. Gekai is another name for the PS Store...No it's not. The thing is, if it was Free, don't you think they'd of told us by now? No, because it's not even close to operational. Which is why I believe it probably isn't....

Now your paying for both Plus & Gekai... So now you are Buying Games, paying for Plus, & paying for Gekai, all of that probably comes out to about $80, Gaikai will be a seperate service for those who want to stream games.which sounds about right, since they did say something about $100 Games being a Rumor...Where did you hear this?? ~_~

Or on the other hand, you could just be paying $5 for Plus & $60 for your Games... Which sounds Cheap, but again we still don't know...

I'd rather stick to what I do know, & not buy a Console for $400 & just hoping that i'm wrong, ~_~

I could always just wait for Prices to Drop, but what happens when Games I want aren't being sold by that time Games will always be sold, or they Replace the Console with a Slimmer Model that don't come out as good? That's your choice to chance it.

Lastly, & most importantly... If everyone buys into this Monthly Service, whos to say it won't get more expensive in the Future, the Price will only go up from there, it'll never go back down... Because once the Price has been set, that will be the new Flat Pricing...

You can't expect Servers to always cost the same ammout? Xbox Live has only ever increase 1 time by $10.

The best part, is you guys pay so much for Plus Services on the PS3 already, & all of a sudden they declared none of your Content will cary over to the PS4, sounds like they really care for those who use Plus, lOl... I'm keeping my PS3. They tried backwards compatibilty, it would have been too expensive.

Here's the thing, neither me, you or Sony can predict the future. Businesses always look for new features and services to sell. Look at Cell phones, first we voice call, then texting, pisture messeges, now data plans. Every new feature cost money, but you still have a choice to get the features. If Sony charges for Gaikai, don't get it. If they increase the price of Plus without providing and explaination, than cancel. Technology moves quickly.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 264 of 310 (264 Views)
Sackboy
459 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Sony should allow gamers to pay $10 to change there psn ID , then they will really start bagging the dough. Please Sony Please....
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Message 265 of 310 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6106 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Did everyone watch the same E3 conference that I did?

During Microsoft's conference, when they announced the Price of the Xbox One of being $499 ($559 factoring in Gold, $619 with a game)

No one stood up, no one cheered, no one clapped, no one yelled, nothing.

Microsoft had some of their employees planted within the crowds were the only ones making noise when that happened, it was pretty awkward and pretty sad at the same time.

Besides the high price tag killing everything, Microsoft's new used games policies, restrictions, NSA supported Kinect and horrible PR group sabotaged everything.

What happened at Sony's conference?

Sony mentioned:

1) Used games work with no restrictions

2) Used games can be sold,traded, lent,kept forever

3) No online connection need to play games, single player neither

4) $399 price point ($449 w/ Plus and Drive Club free)

5) no 24 hour or hourly check in online

6) Playstation 4 being rolled into the one price pays for all PlayStation devices of PLAYSTATION plus

Sony announced all that and the theatre went nuts. Everyone was  clapping, hooting and hollering, chanting, stomping on the ground, everyone stood out their seats clapping, yelling, whistling. The press went bananas! Jack Tretton talked about how PS+ will still be $50 but online play would be included (with the already great value that current members enjoy) to maintain and better improve the online servers and services. But no one in that theatre gave a crap, Sony did so well at that conference and made so many prior happy, they could have raised the Price of the services but they didn't.

Millions of preorders have been recorded by Amazon and Gamestop who don't give a crap about paying to play online do to the great value PS+ provides over Xbox Live Gold and yet...

...You get the few people here dragging as best they can to deflate everything over something so small.

When people cried, moaned, and complained over Sony pulling Backwards compatibility of disc based PS2 games and Linux, 76 million owners of PS3 didn't give a crap.

Some people here try to be all smug about free multiplayer was on our PS3,

70 million Xbox Live Gold members didn't give a crap.

Some people here are crying, complaining, and moaning about they now have to pay $4.17 a month for PS+ to play multiplayer despite PS+ being a much better value than Xbox Live Gold due to free games, and tons of features I'm not going to repeat over,

Millions of preorders done by gamers who just want to play the next big thing on the new consoles don't give a crap having to pay.

Ishould be use to this as there is always a small amount of loud, constantly posting people who don't like change, ever. It doesn't matter if it's for improving things, it doesn't matter if it saves cost on one end or another, It doesn't matter if others find extra paid services a major value, it doesn't matter what ones opinion is over another. (*Sarcasm switch on*) Everything needs to stay the same, Free, and most importantly Sony owes us everything.(*Sarcasm switch off*) Some you need some folgers, because you need to wake up. The minority complaining about all this who say they won't buy a PS4 won't make a dent on sales numbers. Millions of PS4 and sadly Millions of Xbox Ones will be sold this holiday season, sold out possibly the way I hear...and no one can't do anything to stop it. Eventually, those who say they won't but a PS4 will break and buy one eventually, there is no doubt of an if but a when.

Any person can voice their opinion on how they don't think it's fair that they are now charging for online play but just because you don't see a value in PS+ and how you wouldn't use any of the services, doesn't mean others feel the same way.

I'm not telling anyone what to do, just that some of you know how to turn a good thing into a bad thing.. Sony Fanboys should be proud during the conference that Sony came with a glove to slap Microsoft with but of course some of you aren't like that...

Message 266 of 310 (217 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Writer *despite third party unknown sources* numbers please on preorder sales cause Microsoft or Sony definitely not disclosing it
Message 267 of 310 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12009 posts

Jun 26, 2013

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

1.) First Off, I never said anything about Used Games...
2.) Rock Star is like a Season Pass, but it's covered up to make you think it's not... However, the difference is that the Rock Star Pass only covers DLC thats out, so future DLC your still paying Extra for, where as if i'm not mistaken, the Season Pass pays for everything... I might be wrong, though... 

Gekai, could be Free to Use, but it could also be like $20 a Month, & your right, it's not Required, but how else ya gonna get your Games if you don't use it? Gekai is another name for the PS Store... The thing is, if it was Free, don't you think they'd of told us by now? Which is why I believe it probably isn't....

Now your paying for both Plus & Gekai... So now you are Buying Games, paying for Plus, & paying for Gekai, all of that probably comes out to about $80, which sounds about right, since they did say something about $100 Games being a Rumor... ~_~

I could always just wait for Prices to Drop, but what happens when Games I want aren't being sold by that time, or they Replace the Console with a Slimmer Model that don't come out as good?

You can't expect Servers to always cost the same ammout? 

The best part, is you guys pay so much for Plus Services on the PS3 already, & all of a sudden they declared none of your Content will cary over to the PS4, sounds like they really care for those who use Plus, lOl...

FYI rockstar pass is just rockstars fancy way of anming what really is a season pass..  they did one for la noire..  and buying that pass got you all the dlc that was planned for it...

>

Message 268 of 310 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6106 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Writer *despite third party unknown sources* numbers please on preorder sales cause Microsoft or Sony definitely not disclosing it

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/xbox-one-playstation-4-pre-orders-break-amazon-records-6C10411619

“Amazon customers were pre-ordering more than 2,500 Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles per minute."

Trying to do the math is impossible, but good luck trying...

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/414.html

"As for GameStop, several sources said their website reported that PS4 pre-orders were sold out within the first few hours, after which the retailer was forced to restock. Several local stores around here have said they can't take any more pre-orders for a little while, while all of those stores said they still had Xbox One pre-orders available. I always find it interesting that seconds after they say, "no, sorry, no PS4 pre-orders left," they immediately launch into the, "oh, but you can pre-order the Xbox One!" spiel."

Message 269 of 310 (186 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Jun 26, 2013
You do realize that PS+ is still leagues ahead of Xbox Live right? You all realize that PS+ is going to expand and provide more content right?

I'm sick of looking at this thread and seeing people act like Xbox Live and PS+ are on the same level of quality.
Message 270 of 310 (172 Views)