Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 24, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Native 1080P may not be but my PS3 Don't have no problem on my 42" on playing COD in 1080 *standard* just cause your console defaults with your tv play 720P Don't mean others have that problem. & YES we ALL know BF3 can barely make 720P look good & know not all games play 1080P.

You keep talking as if the only improvement that could possibly be made to a game is improving graphics, and then you talk as if the only factor there is to consider with graphics is screen resolution.

With more RAM, you can create bigger worlds, more complex challenges, more of everything you love in games.  More processing power means more intelligent AI, better physics, greater control.  

If all you care about is how COD performs, then buy yourself an Xbox One, buy COD: Ghosts, and go bother them on *their* forum about how it sucks to play multiplayer.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 141 of 310 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 24, 2013
No imma keep talking about the issue with other fellow gamers rather you like it or not. RAM is NOT the solution by all means to setting the stage for all this big creation. All of this is based on the BRAIN of the new console *The Processor* all of RAM does is process memory at a faster rate its NOT considered the motherboard of the console.
Message 142 of 310 (177 Views)
MVP Support
5488 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
Oh alright mimic I get ya on that note. & 4k in what screen resolutions. Not trying to sound negative to much bit shouldn't you think with today's technology we should be getting frame rates of minimum 120fps. I feel a lot more works on the frame rate would've stand out in today technology. I believe the latest tv *I seen so far* can go at 480HZ & our gaming industry is far behind with technology or they just being cheap with it

Honestly, I don't know enough about 4k tv's to explain it. My brother saw a demo of one for his job, and says it it soooo much better than 1080. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 143 of 310 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Ohh alright mimic I get you seem interesting to look up on it imma give the look up a shot later on
Message 144 of 310 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
No imma keep talking about the issue with other fellow gamers rather you like it or not. RAM is NOT the solution by all means to setting the stage for all this big creation. All of this is based on the BRAIN of the new console *The Processor* all of RAM does is process memory at a faster rate its NOT considered the motherboard of the console.

Never mind that the last sentence makes no grammatical sense (what on earth??), but no one said anything about the motherboard.  The point is that, while you continue to assert that the games can't get any better because the PS3 already does HD graphics, the fact is that graphics are just one piece of the puzzle.  

If you can't see that by now, I doubt any amount of talking will illuminate this for you.  

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 145 of 310 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

PS Plus is a subscription,  calling it 's content FREE is a Misconception..when you pay for it.

Depends on how you look at it. One way to think about it (Once the PS4 is out) Is that you are paying for teh Online subscription but getting the games for free.

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 146 of 310 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Aahh dduuuhhhh the motherboard piece (AMD x86-64) is exactly the motherboard intel piece that's making these developers deliver the full potential of there creation. You DO know the processor AMDX86-64 is making all this possible
Message 147 of 310 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
6098 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

@ExMimic 

Why do you continue your campaign in these threads, no matter what is said to some of these naive fools here, you will not change their stance in their thinking. Some of these people can't be reasoned with no matter the debate. Some of the well informed here talk about specs differences between the PS3 and PS4 and how a majority of game titles are barely doing 720p natively (with No upscaling) let alone only a handful are doing 1080p natively on the PS3. More so, most pc gamers like myself fully understand this next gen transition is more than others just by glancing at the specs alone. But a few of the people trying to pick a fight here in the forums are normal consumers who don't understand any of what we are talking about.

@Oneshyne

PS3.5? Wow.

Here is some food for thought. The Witcher 2, a game that brings almost all pc's to their knees, barely runs on the 360 and compromises had to be made. Tons of torn frames, 30fps barely is achieved, ubersampling chucked most definitely, tons of settings turned off, resolution cut horizontally, had to go between areas with load times. You can say, "well that's the 360 for you." The guys behind the Witcher 2 stated they couldn't even run the game on PS3 due to how difficult the cell processor was to learn but more so the little amount of ram the PS3 has (256mbs [512 split]<512mbs). The PS4 is going to have 8gbs of GDRR5 Ram, the best you can buy on the market without killing your bank account, and an octocore (8 cores of speed) processor WITH MULTI THREADING (think spes like cell). The Witcher 3 will be running dx11 (ubersampling on, etc), full tessellation, 1080p natively @ 60fps, with no load times whatsoever despite the huge world (take that elder scrolls) on the PS4 with no issues. So you are telling me that the PS4 is a PS3.5? I never knew you were a comedian? Or are you seriously trolling us here in this forum, cause you're doing as fine job Smiley Wink!

Also, no Call of Duty game in the history of PS3 (or 360) have run in  720p natively, period. 720p is classified as 1280 x 720.

Digital Foundry, a company who is PAID to make in depth comparisons between console and PC games with PROFESSIONAL equipment, have a few articles for you to read about how Call of Duty hasn't ever run in 720p but is only upscaling the resolution to fit tv displays. Besides Blops 2, which isn't 720p either, all COD games ran in 540p on PS3 upscaled to whatever your tv was set at. Oh and 60 fps in Call of Duty on consoles is a myth, they all run between 45fps-55fps, giving you the perception of 60 fps. Sucks huh...Activision has shown that Ghosts runs in 1080p natively @60fps constant on PS4. Yeah, we don't need next gen consoles :/...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-modern-warfare-3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

Mind Blown huh, good reads too.

Message 148 of 310 (150 Views)
MVP Support
5488 posts

Jun 24, 2013

da1writer wrote:

@ExMimic 

Why do you continue your campaign in these threads, no matter what is said to some of these naive fools here, you will not change their stance in their thinking. Some of these people can't be reasoned with no matter the debate. Some of the well informed here talk about specs differences between the PS3 and PS4 and how a majority of game titles are barely doing 720p natively (with No upscaling) let alone only a handful are doing 1080p natively on the PS3. More so, most pc gamers like myself fully understand this next gen transition is more than others just by glancing at the specs alone. But a few of the people trying to pick a fight here in the forums are normal consumers who don't understand any of what we are talking about.

I continue in these threads to try and correct misinformation. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, so I don't try to change their minds anymore. Oneshyne mentioned specs and 1080p, so explained what the PS4 was capapble of. I know we won't see major graphical changes with new generations due to diminshing returns, but others might not. I will try to explain and provide sources when I can. There are a quite a few people in this thread I won't respond to because they listen at all.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 149 of 310 (133 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 24, 2013
& 60fps is *alright* in your book with today's technology going over 240hz ABOVE 120fps. WWOOOWW I didn't know I'm only 15- or more with a whopping 60 fps. Just so the screen Don't stretch out horizontally & the depth of the game.
Message 150 of 310 (129 Views)
0 Likes