Highlighted
Jun 21 2013
By: Oneshyne Lombax Warrior 105 posts
Accepted Solution

about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

309 replies 1387 views Edited Jun 21, 2013
hello Sony I was going to consider reserving my PS4 instantly without no questions asked. But I just read recently that you guys are gonna require PS Plus for online gameplay. I been with Sony for every new console release since PS2. When the GameCube couldn't connect online but the xbox & ps2 could at the time. I went to the gamestop & ask the worker which system should I get he told me both system is great & can go online I ask him is there any charge to play online at the time. He said yeah xbox membership at the time was $50 a year & Sony was free. I didn't hesitate & took Sony instantly cause of free online gameplay. If it was vice versa I would've took xbox. But anyway since PS2 I been a loyal PS cusomer. I do have PS PLUS don't get me wrong *by choice* but I just find it hard to believe you guys would turn your backs on providing us for free online gameplay starting with the PS4. I been getting PS2 PSP PS3 & soon PS Vita because of free online gameplay. I feel that you guys should stick with yall loyalty & continue to provide free online gameplay & stop trying to nickel & dime us consumers that been with you & know all of our Sony gaming experience is free multiplayer & not a xbox replica. This is the reason my friend frank drop his Xbox & move to the PS3 just this pass may. I feel in a way PS should feel more then confident to continue free online gameplay for the PS4 why change now when Sony have the competitive Edge in units sold more then the 360 as it do on a average. I was looking forward to reserving my PS3 & BF4 with Killzone in 3 weeks but after seeing imma have to start paying yearly subscriptions I guess ill just buy the Wii U. Nintendo still more then confident in continuing online gameplay for free & I enjoy it why can't you guys still do the same & make plus *optional* I got no problems in supporting plus but to see it will be required for online gameplay is a negative. I Don't care about these awesome games & time trials etc you get. I'm concerned on the loyalty of Gamers. You DO know why a LOT of Gamers went with Sony instead of Xbox right. *yep you guess it* free online gaming. Don't take my words for it do a poll on your Facebook or the site & add *why you join Sony is it because of free online gaming*. Watch the response you guys get. I wanna reserve my PS4 but I just feel it'll be a waist cause after plus you guys going Microsoft xbox on us. I guess ill just stick with my PS3 & hold my money or buy the Wii U cause after my plus expires the PS4 console will probably sit there & collect dust. I'm just sharing my personal opinion & the reason I join the PS community right along with my goddaughter's mother Theresa & my boy Frank.
Message 1 of 310 (1,387 Views)
Wastelander
828 posts

Re: about mandatory requirement of Plus for online gameplay PS4

Jun 21, 2013
A lot of people don't mind a small fee as long as it goes to making the experience better for gamers
Message 2 of 310 (1,380 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Can't always expect others hard work to be paid with thank you letters do ya? Its time for Sony to take charge of the PlayStation Network and if it means we pay a little something to have a more secure, reliable, and faster network then I will have to bit the bullet. Im not happy with the whole PS+ for online gaming but I want a more stable better internet. PS+ could mean more jobs and more people monitoring the network for hackers and people who just abuse the system.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 310 (1,372 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:
But anyway since PS2 I been a loyal PS cusomer.

Not so loyal after all, I think.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Message 4 of 310 (1,365 Views)
Last Guardian
9096 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Oneshyne wrote:

hello Sony I was going to consider reserving my PS4 instantly without no questions asked. But I just read recently that you guys are gonna require PS Plus for online gameplay. I been with Sony for every new console release since PS2. When the GameCube couldn't connect online but the xbox & ps2 could at the time. 
   I went to the gamestop & ask the worker which system should I get he told me both system is great & can go online I ask him is there any charge to play online at the time. He said yeah xbox membership at the time was $50 a year & Sony was free. I didn't hesitate & took Sony instantly cause of free online gameplay. 
If it was vice versa I would've took xbox. But anyway since PS2 I been a loyal PS cusomer. I do have PS PLUS don't get me wrong *by choice* but I just find it hard to believe you guys would turn your backs on providing us for free online gameplay starting with the PS4. I been getting PS2 PSP PS3 & soon PS Vita because of free online gameplay. 
I feel that you guys should stick with yall loyalty & continue to provide free online gameplay & stop trying to nickel & dime us consumers that been with you & know all of our Sony gaming experience is free multiplayer & not a xbox replica. This is the reason my friend frank drop his Xbox & move to the PS3 just this pass may. 
    I feel in a way PS should feel more then confident to continue free online gameplay for the PS4 why change now when Sony have the competitive Edge in units sold more then the 360 as it do on a average. I was looking forward to reserving my PS3 & BF4 with Killzone in 3 weeks but after seeing imma have to start paying yearly subscriptions I guess ill just buy the Wii U. 
    Nintendo still more then confident in continuing online gameplay for free & I enjoy it why can't you guys still do the same & make plus *optional* I got no problems in supporting plus but to see it will be required for online gameplay is a negative. I Don't care about these awesome games & time trials etc you get. I'm concerned on the loyalty of Gamers. You DO know why a LOT of Gamers went with Sony instead of Xbox right. *yep you guess it* free online gaming. 
    Don't take my words for it do a poll on your Facebook or the site & add *why you join Sony is it because of free online gaming*. Watch the response you guys get. I wanna reserve my PS4 but I just feel it'll be a waist cause after plus you guys going Microsoft xbox on us. I guess ill just stick with my PS3 & hold my money or buy the Wii U cause after my plus expires the PS4 console will probably sit there & collect dust. 
    I'm just sharing my personal opinion & the reason I join the PS community right along with my goddaughter's mother Theresa & my boy Frank.

Wall of Text corrected.

Paragraph definition:

A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words.

original.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 5 of 310 (1,333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I don't mind the fee, besides I usually get PS Plus so it's normal to me
Message 6 of 310 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Wow, i take it a lot of people don't get how paying for online multiplayer makes servers much better and smoother. Seeing as this is about the 10th thread i have seen complaining about PS+ required for PS4 multiplayer.

Think of it this way... It's $10 a year cheaper than Xbox Live.
 photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Message 7 of 310 (1,326 Views)
VP of Gaming
28529 posts

Jun 21, 2013

RGA_BodyBag wrote:
Wow, i take it a lot of people don't get how paying for online multiplayer makes servers much better and smoother. Seeing as this is about the 10th thread i have seen complaining about PS+ required for PS4 multiplayer.

Think of it this way... It's $10 a year cheaper than Xbox Live.

And a lot of them don't seem to realize that we've been playing with house money for over a decade. It had to end sooner or later.

Message 8 of 310 (1,322 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jun 21, 2013

RGA, I dont mind paying as long as they are improved from Day 1.  What I dont want is a year after everyone is paying, that they begin to work on it.

Message 9 of 310 (1,319 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
362 posts

Jun 21, 2013

There are people that just dont care about that fact.

Its either free or nothing to them

You can't argue the pros about it cause they will never accept the pros and keep looking at the cons, or call your a corporate shill, or call you a fanboy, or even blind to facts.

PS3 will always be free, but to move on to newer things the business model has to change.

Message 10 of 310 (1,308 Views)