First Son
4 posts

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! For PS Vita

Jan 28, 2013
Uh, I understand why the term yugioh would be in GX because the main character strives to be the king of games. Well, after meeting yugi in season 0, ep 1 when he was given a winged kuriboh.
Message 11 of 32 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Wow you guys are really reading deep into this lol
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 12 of 32 (1,202 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jan 28, 2013

This is bringing back memories of my 19 y.o. son watching this along with Digimon when he was in grade school. He would always miss the last couple minutes, because he had to get out the door for his school bus. Good memories.

My younger boys had Avatar, though they both collected the cards.

Weird to think about the differences in the oldest boys childhood for gaming (SNES, PSX, PS2, XBox, GB) and cartoons (Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dexters Labratory), and the younger kids gaming (PS2, XBox, GBA, 360, PC, PSV) and cartoons (Avatar, Spongebob, Jimmy Neutron, Ben 10).

Sorry for being offtopic.

Message 13 of 32 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
649 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Was I the only one to have the idea of having a Yu-Gi-Oh game using the AR cards? Smiley Indifferent

or even a Digimon card game that I had no idea how to play, the card art was just an awesome reason to collect the cards. Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 32 (1,186 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jan 28, 2013

I really don't mind if Yugi/Yami Yugi being around anymore on the cartoon/card game. I kinda liked that he was finally left to rest, although it was pretty sad. A somewhat big reason why I don't play the game is because it has gotten more complex. It doesn't mean that I don't like it, but it just gets ridiculous with the rules. Tournaments are now a stress to play. Having to say "responses?" is a drag. It used to be a lot more fun when people didn't take the game too seriously. Now it's a bunch of rules (like timing) that have killed the game for me.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 15 of 32 (1,184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jan 29, 2013
now that i've been seeing this thread a couple of times, im actually down for a vita game.

digimon would be great too. ive been waiting for a english localization of the japanese ones on the psp. a new vita one would be nice too.
Message 16 of 32 (1,180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 29, 2013
I've also thought about using AR Cards too. There could be a 'Create your own stadium' function.

Message 17 of 32 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

oversevethousand wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

yugioh is only good back when yugi still in the game. Once they stop using yugi as the main character, most yugioh fans lost interested. Me and my bros/friends, we all used to love playing yugioh games/card games when yugi was still around. Now with all these new character, we stop playing and stop collecting the cards. konami sucks for taking yugi out of the series. Why still call it yugioh when yugi isnt even in it anymore?

Because Yu-Gi-Oh (or Yuugi-ou) literally translates to "King of Games," and the card game's title never had anything to do with Yugi as a protagonist.

Also, 5D's > Duel Monsters.

Anyway, a new Vita game would be great, but Sony of America's got no control over that. A bit disappointing that the new PSN game isn't cross play given all the PSP games though.

i thought they called it yugioh cause the main character in the orginal series is name yugi and he says yugioh when he transform. Even if the series is the kind of games, why still call it yugioh when the kind of games (yugi moto) isnt in the series? 

on topic, i dont really care for a yugioh for ps vita, i just want an good resident evil game made exclusive for the vita.

1.) That was only in the dub, which is notorious for being terrible.

2.) If you don't care, and clearly you don't, why are you even posting in this thread?

Message 18 of 32 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I also lost interest on the other anime installments. One of the main reason probably was because Yugi is no longer the main protagonist. It was no longer interesting to me. But!! I would love to play it if it becomes an AR game.

Message 19 of 32 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I would go crazy if they make an AR Yugioh game. Heck even on the PS3 like Wonder Book. Having a playing field with stuff going on like on the show. Hmm... it takes me back.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 20 of 32 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes