Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Youtube App a No Go !

Aug 17, 2012

You can skip video by pressing and holding the R2 button.

Message 31 of 51 (324 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 20, 2012
You are not alone. I installed the You Tube app today, synced my devices and activated my account on the PS3. Everything was looking positive until I tried to play a video. FREEZE! CRASH! REBOOT! Tried again, same FREEZE! CRASH! REBOOT! Deleted app. Re-downloaded and re-installed. Started app (without all of the pairing and activation) same FREEZE! CRASH! REBOOT! Ok...off to the PS Support page on my iPad. Filled out issue and hit send... Error prompt came up "Required field, device" I checked and PS3 was selected, re-selected it...hit enter...same error prompt! Ok maybe the support page doesn't work with iPad. Booted up laptop....filled out support page...and wouldn't you know. The "Required field, device" cycle started again. I've been waiting for the PS3 to have a usable You Tuber for 3+ years...it's surprising that a computer company can't figure out the computing thing.
Message 32 of 51 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Aug 20, 2012
the good: higher def depending on the upload great for watching game trailers and friends and family high def uploads,also vevo clips play. the bad: no features like uploaders info,no sharing,no reading and posting comments,no interaction,ect,ect. over zoomed images. the ugly:the annoying goofy search method. missing usage instructions. so how do i sign in? do i need a smart,phone ,tablet,or something else i do not have or plan to purchase. while this app has higher def and has worked fine on my system it will be the standard version that i will use most.
Message 33 of 51 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Aug 25, 2012

This is a stupid app. No reason for this app., the search engine blows!!!

Message 34 of 51 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12804 posts

Aug 25, 2012

N-E-R-D1 wrote:

I just want Youtube XL back as an alternative for people who don't like the Youtube app.

Can you at least go to PS3 Browser and then type "Youtube" or "Youtube XL"

As for this Youtube App. It work perfectly fine for me when you watch video and it fast even with a slow connection. but MANY features are missing. Why can't Youtube app can be like Xbox 360 app? I hope it improves with missing stuff we NEED

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 35 of 51 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I agree w/ everyone else, this app is terrible. i can maybe watch one video on it before it crashes. the predictive search function is nice though.

and stop saying to use my computer, because the ps3 is hooked up to an entertainment system, which makes it better. youll understand when you have a stereo system. sony needs to fix this. and youtubexl sucks and for some reason has a terrible selection compared to the actual youtube site.

Message 36 of 51 (217 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I finally decided to see if this app truely has issues......

8 hours of use, working like a charm. Not one freeze, the search is exactly the same as if you would use on any other device, and my account was linked successfully.

Videos buffer/qeue/download with no lag or interruptions due to my home network traffic.

App loads up within seconds
HD resolutions is not a deal breaker for me..... they are probably not enabling it until a later date, as its likely the renderer they use through the app might have trouble with longer videos as some 720/1080p videos tend to be in excess of the 256/256 MB RAM the PS3 has. But either way, the video quality is pretty darn good for streaming video as it is.

And heres a nice little tip..... make sure that " Improve Youtube" is enabled..... this will send all sorts of reports errors to youtube for them to figure out.

And if you want to point the finger at someone with the issues you are having.... make sure you take your pick among the various companies and programmers named under "Credits" before you blame Sony.
Obviously if Sony approved this app to be released to the public they have done everything in their power to make sure the app runs with little to no issue.

For those who have freezing issues, its more likely an issue with the PS3 itself than the app. I've seen some of your previous posts..... PS3 freezing from doing different things so dont automatically think its the app. 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 37 of 51 (215 Views)
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

I am account SEN in Poland. I download from account US app YT for PS3 its work and i look good video quality than YT XL only 240p is trash. But app YT search is bad ( A-Z select move left and forward ) its no like, better its pop up keyboard for search. And add "like it video" to sent from FACEBOOK , TWITTER and more. Favorite video not have, not have select video quality 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p and comment too no have. Please better work up to UPDATE version app for YOUTUBE PS3. THANK YOU.

AuroN__PL

Message 38 of 51 (201 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Sep 7, 2012

true. I would also love to see a way to imporve the deffiniton like and hd setting for my favorite videos. Or a way to change the quality on the fly. come on sony give us a real app lol

Message 39 of 51 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Right, please Sony Playstation NOT IGNORE people, when people write post problem and not enjoy for app YT PS3. When will Sony Playstation do work better up version for YOUTUBE PS3 and people will big happy.

Message 40 of 51 (185 Views)
0 Likes