Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
676 posts

Re: Youtube App a No Go !

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

its not working great for me. as the op stated the vids all buffer and the app seems to crash upon launch half the time or more. issues with loading and what not as well from the time of launch. hopefully a patch or something will come soon. for me at least its def not the connection i have really fast internet and no problmes like this even on the ps browser.

edit: at this point i cant seem to get the app to launch at all. im just getting the load simble in the bottom right corner then being taken to all black blank screen. im sure itll get patched hopefully sooner then later.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 51 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Aug 15, 2012

I have to admit it is much better than the browser. Unfortunately it's a pain typing in videos and not having the ability to view the channel sucks. It ran fairly well for me but then the screen got all messed up and cut off the left side of the screen. I hope it's fixed soon and I HOPE they add the option to view the channel. 

GamerKid700 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 51 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Aug 15, 2012

youtube app is defiantly better than the browser version. My only problem is that the audio is a little choppy but it appears to have downloaded completely. It's still in it's early stages give it time.

The Last Lone Wolf Vandalier
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 51 (356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 16, 2012

There's No need for the app to exist, all they need to do is fix the browser. Me personally I prefered the Browser version of it at least that layout was a bit more smoother. I think the best course of action is to make it optional. Some people may use the app others may use the Browser. As I stated before there's No need for an app just an updated browser.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 51 (355 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Aug 16, 2012

well i tried the app on my older E01 bc system and it does not work worth a crap but on my L01 it works completely flawless and have used it several hours now,lol..i guess like i seen in some posts from way back...the CECHL01 is king of the ps3's..lol.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 51 (346 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Aug 16, 2012

kythunder wrote:

well i tried the app on my older E01 bc system and it does not work worth a crap but on my L01 it works completely flawless and have used it several hours now,lol..i guess like i seen in some posts from way back...the CECHL01 is king of the ps3's..lol.

Funny.... my E01 runs the App flawlessly

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 51 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I have the same problems where the app crashes more often than not. Not to mention, the Dualshock controls seem to change everytime I've used it. The videos play fine but getting to them, especially a specific one, takes a little more time than I would like. I also cannot sign into my account; can someone tell me, do I have to have a smartphone to access this feature? If so, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. On top of all this, I can't get to standard YouTube or XL on my PS3 now. I sure hope they didn't outright block them, what with this horrible app.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 51 (341 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Aug 16, 2012

well,i went back and tried my E01 after reading that post and now it works flawless just like my L01..ha,guess i had a bad internet connection or something earlier when i was trying it,sometimes my internet lags during peak times so i guess that was the issue or maybe the ol'lady was watching a movie on the pc but now both machines work perfect..don't know why people are having these issues..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 51 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I just want Youtube XL back as an alternative for people who don't like the Youtube app.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 51 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Aug 16, 2012
I just downloaded it and used it today. Works great nothing went wrong what's so ever, you need to use your smartphone to control it and read comments, I thought it was cool as all hell.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 51 (333 Views)
0 Likes