Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2012
By: Kangkong900 First Son 21 posts

Your thoughts on Killzone Mercenary

16 replies 474 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

I haven't seen any gameplay of Killzone Mercenary, but after looking at Killzone 3, I think it will be better than Black Ops Declassified. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 17 (474 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Your thoughts on Killzone Mercenary

Nov 5, 2012

Hopefully they'll both be great games. We'll just have to wait and see.

Message 2 of 17 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I think it's going to be an awesome game. Don't know if it's going to be better than BO:smileyvery-happy:, but either way I'm sure I'm going to get my hands on it day one. :smileyvery-happy:

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 3 of 17 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Nov 5, 2012

The little bit of gameplay at the end of that first trailer seemed really impressive. I've enjoyed all of the Killzone games so I trust Guerrilla Games to make a great Vita title. I appreciate the fact that they're making it themselves instead of having someone else do it. 

Message 4 of 17 (439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Thanks for the input. It looks cool.

Message 5 of 17 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Nov 5, 2012
I like Killzone but I just hate the cloaking and the name changing crap.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 6 of 17 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Nov 5, 2012
no doubt it going to be better that COD Declassified. Being developed by Guerrilla Games and built on the same engine as Killzone 3.
Message 7 of 17 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I can't wait for a Killzone on the go. But I think this will be a great game for Vita mainly due to it being made by Guerilla Games and not being outsourced to another company. Guerilla is probably the most underrated group in Sony's stable of developers and Mercenary will be a must own for the Vita.

Message 8 of 17 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Like the above, visual-wise, the only mear changes are in the shaders, or Anti-aliasing.

From a very short amount of gameplay preview in the trailer, its safe to say it resembles its console counterpart. Even without most of the fancy shaders Killzone 3 provides, extra dynamic lighting etc.

Its not a handheld PS3 we have at the moment, more like an overly-amped PS2 on Pop-Rocks and Pixie-Sticks.

Now then, Story. While im not exactly hoping for a World War on a Portable Release since that's not exactly how it works, it has to be more underground, more behind the scenes. Playing as Mercenaries has to be the way to go in this case, might have been a predictable route, but its going to need a change of pace from all the Battlefield/Call of Duty explosion-fest-whahey that's getting tiresome. While your not exactly playing with any moral restraint since as a mercenary, your goal is to get the job done as employed. Doing missions/ side missions using the cash you obtain through kills, chain kills, brutal melee kills, objective completions, bonus objectives to get better gear such as Weapons/Armor/Gadgets and upgrades for all three.

Now as for Multiplayer, lets face it, there's no solid information on to what this next Killzone installment will give us as far as multiplayer is concerned.  While it is essential for a normal release, ya'll have to think about what can be improved for a sequal. See this is what the Call of Duty series had an issue with. While they were aiming for an entire package of content loaded with tons of story missions, ops missions, multiplayer content such as extra game modes, perks, weapons, attachments, avatars, call-signs, flavored toothpaste, DLC, and last and least we forget..... zombies... eeeuuck.

While you can sprinkle zombies and some how get an investment back, its a rather cheap way to add to a formula that would have been better of if it were more paced. And with that being said...

Lets not ask for too much in the Vitas first Killzone Installment, while current releases are not as appealing as they come, its better off if we get the essentials, but more refined and polished.
Multiplayer should be a 6v6 installment at the very least, while supporting ranks with achievement unlocks for key points in multiplayer. While im not giving much examples for a lasting multiplayer game, its better to keep it polished with its essentials.

Polish is the BIG thing Resistance: Burning Skies lacked. While it had everything there to make a boxed sale, it lacked in refinement overall.

Message 9 of 17 (406 Views)
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Nov 5, 2012

We simply do not know enough or seen enough about it to know anything, a 15 second trailer is not enough to know anything.

Message 10 of 17 (349 Views)
0 Likes