Feb 17 2013
By: the_ed_85 I Only Post Everything 1011 posts

Your favorite moments on playstation (any system)

6 replies 139 views Edited Feb 17, 2013
My favorite moment in ps3 is getting to Gran Pulse in Final Fantasy XIII. The scenery in the cut scene was so beautifully done. To this day, I still think that FFXIII has the best artistically done level designs in a game. Crysis was good, but it got repetitive. FFXIII doesn't do that. They have extremely well done textures on every stage, and when looking at a rock face, you don't notice repeated textures. The rocks look real. With grasslands, it looks like a photo taking of the Great Plains. The game is extremely well done artistically and is the front runner for my favorite PS3 title because of the artistic quality and the strong attachment that I got with each individual character.

I loved how they shifted the focus off of what happened around the characters and focused on what happened between them. It made me feel like I got to know them as people. The last game that did that before this was FFVII.

For ps2 it would have to be the entire Xenosaga trilogy. Seeing the development of Kos-mos and Shion's relationship was heart warming at times, and had me at the edge of my gaming chair at others.

For ps1 I actually have two. The first is pretty much everything about FF7, the second is the amazingly well done story of FF8. I actually liked FF8's story better than FF7, but the junction system was a little to complicated for me, and I didn't like having my spell options limited by the effects they would have on my character's stats.
My PSN
Message 1 of 7 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: Your favorite moments on playstation (any system)

Feb 17, 2013

For PS2 - MGS 3 - The sniper fight with The End, loved it! Actually all the boss fights were pretty cool. LOVE THAT GAME!

PS3 - so many to choose, but I will go with inFAMOUS 1. I didn't really know what the game was about, but being able to jump off tall buildings and land on the ground with no harm (no water), fire electric sticky grenades (nice) and climbing that tall junk structure (seemed to take forever). Sidekick Zeke was also funny.

Message 2 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11726 posts

Feb 17, 2013
For PS2, it would be all the time I spent playing 007: Nightfire and Agent Under Fire splitscreen. Luckily, I have a backwards compatible PS3, so I can still play em :smileyhappy:

I'm not too sure about PSP. Just generally, it would probably be trading in my DS for it and starting Daxter for the first time, as well as the various deleting and copying and whatnot I had to do to play demos on my meager 32MB memory stick when I first got it.

For PS3, there's a couple. First, (inFamous spoiler)

was when your girlfriend dies when you're good Cole. Second would be the good ending of Bioshock. Third would be playing the first level of Resistance 2 at a demo kiosk. I've yet to play anything that struck me as being that epic.
Message 3 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9407 posts

Feb 17, 2013

God of War II (PS2) - 'The Crossing of the Lowlands' is still one of my favorite moments in ALL of gaming.  That section of GoWII where you have only grapple points to advance while the columns are crumbling around you...  yeah, THAT section.

Can't really think of any other particular moments as memorable as that one.

Message 4 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Some MOD  are really looking for something to do...

I have a suggestion. Go spend some times on PsHome!:mantongue:

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 5 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 17, 2013
**bleep** you, do-little there's nothing wrong with talking about your favorite games.
My PSN
Message 6 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7588 posts

Mar 4, 2013
My favorite gaming moment of all time was on playstation 2. I was having a really hard time dealing with some things and a close friend thought maybe a distraction would at least take my mind off of things so he went out and bought Shadow of the Colossus for me. I had no idea what to expect because my system was just collecting dust at the time. As soon as i got to the first colossus i got chill bumps and was instantly addicted to gaming all over again.
Message 7 of 7 (46 Views)
0 Likes