Aug 17 2014
By: BlueMedz I Only Post Everything 1063 posts

Your favorite PS4 Indie Game?

[ Edited ]
30 replies 290 views Edited Aug 17, 2014

Obviously, the PS4 has a lot of indie games. Out of the many that are out and just came (like Hohokum, Rogue Legacy, and the Swapper), which one is your favorite? 

I would have to say Octodad: The Dadliest Catch, since even though its a really short game, the weird and awkward controls really get you heated up.

Mod Edit: Removed "Games and Platforms" label. Added "Ask the Community" label. -- XiomaraRose

Message 1 of 31 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Re: Your favorite PS4 Indie Game?

Aug 17, 2014

Yup, Octodad for me as well, though Rogue Legacy is a close second. I'm also enjoying The Swapper. Not sure if it counts as an indie but I really enjoyed Blue Estate: The Game.

Message 2 of 31 (284 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Aug 17, 2014

poodude wrote:

Yup, Octodad for me as well, though Rogue Legacy is a close second. I'm also enjoying The Swapper. Not sure if it counts as an indie but I really enjoyed Blue Estate: The Game.

Yeah Blue Eastate is an indie. I tried the demo of that game, thinking it was going to be HORRIBLE. Once I actually played it, the game was very fun and humorous.

Message 3 of 31 (280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10756 posts

Aug 17, 2014

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty has taken over my top spot (from Resogun), at least temporarily.  I am finding I am obsessed with obtaining that platinum trophy.  Only 4 trophies to go (3 of which will be unlocked in the next day or so).  "New 'n' Hasty" is going to take a while.  I have over 3 hours to cut down to get that playthrough under 3 hours.

Message 4 of 31 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5839 posts

Aug 17, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty has taken over my top spot (from Resogun), at least temporarily.  I am finding I am obsessed with obtaining that platinum trophy.  Only 4 trophies to go (3 of which will be unlocked in the next day or so).  "New 'n' Hasty" is going to take a while.  I have over 3 hours to cut down to get that playthrough under 3 hours.

Are the coltrols for Abe the same as in previous Oddworld games?  

Message 5 of 31 (224 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10756 posts

Aug 17, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Are the coltrols for Abe the same as in previous Oddworld games?  

Yes, they are.

L1 to sneak, L2+R2 to chant, D-Pad/R2+D-Pad for Gamespeak, etc.  Abe's movement is definitely much improved over the original, too.  Analog sticks are much better for precision control (such as sidling up to a mine to activate/deactivate it).

Message 6 of 31 (217 Views)
Survivor
1817 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2014

Contrast, Guacamelee & Rogue Legacy.

Contrast if I had to pick just one.

Message 7 of 31 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11716 posts

Aug 17, 2014

Out of the 2014 PLAY games, the only one I've bought is Hohokum. It's not a brilliant game by any means, but it's all right. The music and the way it comes together in certain stages is interesting. The game itself doesn't have a clear direction, but the idea for what to do sort of comes to you just by flying around and bumping into everything you can by making a bunch of guesses.

My favorite indie game on the PlayStation 4 though is Flower. This port of the 2009 PlayStation Network original is an inspiring tale. The game of course was much better when I had originally played through it the first time. While still a quality game, the impact has been diminished from when I first played it five years ago.

Message 8 of 31 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3215 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2014

After spending a solid 3 hours laughing my butt off playing Surgeon Simulator last night, I would have to give that a nod as well as Rogue Legacy. Smiley Very Happy Excuse me while I go try to perform an eye transplant while going 150 mph in the back of an ambulance. :/

Message 9 of 31 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3550 posts

Aug 17, 2014

This is a tough one but I will have to say Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate.

Message 10 of 31 (195 Views)
0 Likes