First Son
1 posts

Re: Your Thoughts on the Order 1886

Jun 10, 2015
I think it's a pretty good game but it did'nt give me any reasons to want to play it again.
Message 41 of 45 (1,748 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Jul 26, 2016

I enjoyed for what it is. During some moments I felt bored and wanted to skip the scene, during others I felt joy and interest to make it through to find out.

Definitely there is room for improvement, besides game length and story.  If Sony can make the right adjustments I would like to see the next chapter of an once a knight.  A decent exclusive that will remain in the history of gaming as is Smiley Sad

Message 42 of 45 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2016
I love the atmosphere and art is terrific but the qte play is atrocious.

Most of the game the "x" button is used to jump, the for no good reason it later change's to the triangle button. Bad move.

Ai partners always stand in the way. Moooooove. That's irritating.

The stabbing someone in a sneak attack qte might be the worst in h among history. Seriously fire the **bleep** who thought that was slick.

The sequences where you had to line up the triangle to move your partner so she wasn't shot was poor mechanics too. It's just poor control idea. You don't have to reinvent the wheel in controls to make a good game.

The developer could have handed this game over to naughty dogs testers and put out a 90% game.
I feel like my biggest challenge in the game is fighting these terrible new game play ideas. I really want to like the game because the atmosphere is amazing and the story setting had me hooked but it's more of a chore to play then fun.
Message 43 of 45 (606 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 7, 2016

My thoughts on the order 1886:    Very good game overall score 7.0 . Grapics = 8.5. Gameplay = 6.0. Story line = 9.0. It is a very good game. But the game play score keeps it out of the great game category . Too bad too I liked it enough to play it twice. A year apart.

Message 44 of 45 (463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 19, 2017
I really liked The Order. The only thing I was really disappointed with was the length of the game. I hope one day we'll see a sequel that can live up to everyone's expectations. It would be really nice to see it in 4K with HDR support, but I know now like with The Witcher that's just wishful thinking.
Message 45 of 45 (252 Views)
0 Likes