Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/15/2008
Offline
7356 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

 

What ever the price is, the gamer cognoscenti will be outraged and still claim that "Sony is arrogant", and then demand that they lower it because "they need to listen to their customers".


Love that movie Smiley Very Happy But yeah, I have this lingering notion that Sony will keep the price around $430 and $530, and they will defend the price by stating the PS4 is much more powerful or has more features than the Xbox and Wii U.

 

Consumers won't see that, though. They'll compare the three systems on the price tag; whichever console costs less will be won by the consumer decision. I sure hope Sony realizes this by November Smiley Surprised

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 11 of 73 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013
£400 at the most, at launch. Any more than that and I will wait for a price drop.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 12 of 73 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
37223 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

As a matter fact did they say what the launch titles will be? i know killzone will be one so for me it would be worth to get the PS4 at launch just for that game... but if no other goood launch titles will be for me and the price will be over 500 then i will wait for price drop too maybe


Message 13 of 73 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/17/2003
Offline
19199 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

My ballpark figure for a PS4 is still around the $399 price range. 

Message 14 of 73 (198 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Online
34138 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

PhoenixArcher128 wrote:
I'd prefer $400 for the starter model, but I'll go $500 if everything's there.

Waiting on E3...we'll get all the details then.

id love if they made fun of the PS3 at E3.

announce the PS4 as $600 and when everyone is done groaning they will be all "lololo just kidding guys, its $400". Smiley Very Happy


Message 15 of 73 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/10/2006
Offline
2785 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

A non backwards compatible PS4? Probably $400-450

 

A backwards compatible PS4? Probably $500-$550.

 

But since the PS4 is not backwards compatible my limit would probably be around $400-450.

 

 

Message 16 of 73 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/15/2008
Offline
7356 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

As a matter fact did they say what the launch titles will be? i know killzone will be one so for me it would be worth to get the PS4 at launch just for that game... but if no other goood launch titles will be for me and the price will be over 500 then i will wait for price drop too maybe


The known launch titles for the PS4 are:

 

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Destiny

Diablo III

Drive Club

Knack

Killzone: Shadowfall

GTA V

Gran Turismo 6

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Witness

 

In fact, I read an article on Gamasutra the other day, and Mark Cerny said that the PS4 will have the strongest lineup of launch titles of any PlayStation device.

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 17 of 73 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
254 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 28, 2013

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

As a matter fact did they say what the launch titles will be? i know killzone will be one so for me it would be worth to get the PS4 at launch just for that game... but if no other goood launch titles will be for me and the price will be over 500 then i will wait for price drop too maybe


The known launch titles for the PS4 are:

 

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Destiny

Diablo III

Drive Club

Knack

Killzone: Shadowfall

GTA V

Gran Turismo 6

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Witness

 

In fact, I read an article on Gamasutra the other day, and Mark Cerny said that the PS4 will have the strongest lineup of launch titles of any PlayStation device.


The games I crossed out, are for PS3, not PS4.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not German or Dutch! Elfen Lied is an anime!
Message 18 of 73 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/15/2008
Offline
7356 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

xElfenLied wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

As a matter fact did they say what the launch titles will be? i know killzone will be one so for me it would be worth to get the PS4 at launch just for that game... but if no other goood launch titles will be for me and the price will be over 500 then i will wait for price drop too maybe


The known launch titles for the PS4 are:

 

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Destiny

Diablo III

Drive Club

Knack

Killzone: Shadowfall

GTA V

Gran Turismo 6

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The Witness

 

In fact, I read an article on Gamasutra the other day, and Mark Cerny said that the PS4 will have the strongest lineup of launch titles of any PlayStation device.


The games I crossed out, are for PS3, not PS4.


Actually, those games you crossed out are multiplatform. Assassin's Creed IV has been announced for the PS4, and it is only natural to believe that GTA V will also be on the PS4, since it is a blockbluster game.

 

Assassin's Creed IV on PS4 announcement

 

Rumor that GTA V will be announced for next-gen consoles

PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 19 of 73 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/15/2009
Online
2541 posts
 

Re: Your Price Limit for a PS4

Apr 29, 2013
"There have been rumors that Sony will launch the PS4 will two models: one at $430 and another at $530. I have heard from sources that these prices are accurate." 1. What sources? 2. Rumors are just that, rumors. Until there is something set in stone, and made official by Sony, this is pure speculation. And to answer your question, $400 would be my max; my gaming budget isn't as high as it used to be.
PS Customer Support: 1-800-345-7669
Live Chat
Chat is available:
Monday - Saturday, 6AM - 10PM, PST
Sunday, 8AM - 8PM, PST

Message 20 of 73 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes