Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15343 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

Varnyak wrote:
But what if i want portability too?

People buy consoles for portability?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 11 of 25 (135 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

Varnyak wrote:
But what if i want portability too?

you can't have both.... you either take what you can get, or you don't bother....

 

this is the typical logic that B/C crybabies try to preach...." i don't have room in my entertainment center" "I don't wanna have to unplug cables all the time" " boo hoo its not in HD"......

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 25 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:
lol... such a bad idea, it's going to be a pain in the butt to replace parts for the monster Smiley Tongue

if you can build this, this is the least of your worries

Furiously Chaosing
Message 13 of 25 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 04/16/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013
I was being sarcastic -_-

After seeing the size of it i thought it would garner a laugh or two.
Message 14 of 25 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013
Don't be ridiculous. People are too busy acting all high and mighty to comprehend jokes~.
Message 15 of 25 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

wow..that guy spent some time on that thing and was one hell of a project although you could achieve the same thing with emulation its a cool project..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 16 of 25 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

I understand it makes it easier to be able to play backwards on one single system, but is it the case everyone is going to throw away their PS3s when they get a PS4?

 

I still have my PS2, my PS3 is not 2 compatible.  I chose this option because I could get more HDD for cheaper.  As well, the backwards compatibility adds to the processing function, and has been blamed for earlier models burning out.  At least the Blueray device.

 

If the PS4 can be built and sold cheaper, by not including the backwards compatibility, then so be it.

 

Just my thoughts.

 

Moble

Message 17 of 25 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 06/21/2011
Online
654 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Varnyak wrote:
But what if i want portability too?

you can't have both.... you either take what you can get, or you don't bother....

 

this is the typical logic that B/C crybabies try to preach...." i don't have room in my entertainment center" "I don't wanna have to unplug cables all the time" " boo hoo its not in HD"......


Tell me why you, or if you don't, anyone else, has an entertainment center.

 

*edit*  I figured it out!  It's so you don't have to unplug cables all the time!  How about that?

 

Why not keep your gaming consoles and DVD players in a drawer or closet, and pull them out when you need them, rather than buying resource-depleting entertainment centers.

 

Sheesh, some people are just lazy.

Message 18 of 25 (85 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

DanSD wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Varnyak wrote:
But what if i want portability too?

you can't have both.... you either take what you can get, or you don't bother....

 

this is the typical logic that B/C crybabies try to preach...." i don't have room in my entertainment center" "I don't wanna have to unplug cables all the time" " boo hoo its not in HD"......


Tell me why you, or if you don't, anyone else, has an entertainment center.

 

*edit*  I figured it out!  It's so you don't have to unplug cables all the time!  How about that?


a simple hdmi/audio switch added to the setup will eliminate the need to ever unplug anything and you can chain as many together as you want..

 

got 100 consoles? it could be done easily with switches,i have 2 ps3's,xbox,ps1,ps2,sega genesis,nintendo 64 currently connected to my tv in my living room...thats 7 consoles and i never have to unplug anything,just push a few buttons and im on...very simple solution and no rocket science is involved..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 25 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
55190 posts
 

Re: You want Backwards Compatibility? $1000

Apr 17, 2013

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

I just want ps2 and 3 BC on the ps4, is that so much to ask for?


Exactly.  Forget the strawman argument that video creates on backwards compatability...just give me what you had given me with both the PS2, and the PS3, the first gen console having a backwards compatable ability.

Message 20 of 25 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes