Apr 10 2011
By: timtay85 Splicer 54 posts

You should be able to change the gender on your psn profile!

5 replies 1334 views Edited Apr 10, 2011

My friend made a account and she hit the wrong button instead of selecting female she hit male because she cant read english writing to well and we both called sony asking them is there a way we can change your gender on your psn profile they told me NO. My whole thing is I can see a username for security purposes, but your gender is something alil more sensitive specially if you been on that account often and purchase alot on that account its easy to say make a new account but you half to start all over again as a noob and work your way up again my whole thought is sony customer service should be able 2 do something not just troubleshoot on there side with there intelligent computers they should be able 2 go into the account and change the gender from male to female, female 2 male, whatever your choice Only thing you able 2 do is write a about me, change your name and address, passwords, and thats it that sucks sometimes ppl make mistakes with there gender becuz there just in a rush just to start being able 2 play games online  not thinking what you choose may be your fate meaning you wont be able to change anything username or gender in my opoioion you should be able 2 atleast change ur gender what about ppl who is gay? transexual was a male but now female?? that person may want to be reffered as a female now and not wanna go thru the hassel to make a whole new account when you already invested so much money in your old account hopefully one day sony will fix this issue.

Message 1 of 6 (1,334 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: You should be able to change the gender on your psn profile!

Apr 10, 2011

Hm, well just a tip: Users cannot see which gender you set your accounts to.

Message 2 of 6 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1126 posts

Apr 10, 2011

And its not that important its just a game, not real life, you always have the option to make a new account.

Message 3 of 6 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 10, 2011

You have a valid point but if you make a mistake it should be fixed with no problem and NO your not able 2 change your gender at all account management wont allow you to change your gender sorry ;/

Message 4 of 6 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 10, 2011

True you have a point its just the inconvience that there nothing that can be done in a situation You cant even change your darn gender thats crazy smh

Message 5 of 6 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4785 posts

Apr 10, 2011

I think it's mostly for marketing purposes. However I understand you want to change it, try emailing SNEA about it. Maybe the email customer relations team can change it for you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes