Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 09 2012
By: quigglemom First Son 1 posts

You cannot use Playstation Network with this account?

6 replies 1594 views Edited Jan 9, 2012

I recently created an account for my 8 yr old. It's a sub account and I cannot sign into psn with it. I've never been able to from the moment I created the account. My account is not banned or suspended, I can sign in just fine. I've been trying to find official answers, but cannot find anything that helps me. All I want to do is be able to sync the trophies that my child earned. I'm about to switch out hard drives and I don't want all that gaming to be lost.

Message 1 of 7 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: You cannot use Playstation Network with this account?

Jan 9, 2012

Can you provide the error code that comes up? Generally people get that error message when they have been suspended or banned from the PSN.

Message 2 of 7 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I have the same issue with an account I just created for my son to use to play with. The error I see is:

You cannot use the PlayStation(R)Network with this account. For details, visit the following website on your PC:

http://register.qriocity.com

That website simply logs me into the account, and there is nowhere to see details about it. The account has never been logged in with (I just created it about 20 minutes ago). I've even tried turning off the restrictions for the sub account via account management and activated the system (new) with the account as well.

Message 3 of 7 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Jan 13, 2012

Did you receive any e-mails in your inbox about activating the account?

Message 4 of 7 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I had done what those emails asked. However, I did manage to get it working by logging into the account via the PC separately.

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to work with Black Ops for him since it says the service has been disabled due to parental controls - after I removed all the restrictions.

Message 5 of 7 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I guess what was wrong with it not working in black ops was simply that he needed to log out and then back in again.

Message 6 of 7 (1,594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Just had this problem with a new account, you have to finish filling out your information, as in address, city, first and last name.

worked for me

Message 7 of 7 (411 Views)
0 Likes