(This thread was copied and pasted from the EU Forums, which was originally made by me. I am not sure if this feature is activated in the US, but if not, here is a heads up of the new feature )
That's right folks, the one feature you have been waiting for is finally here!
Introducing the one and only...
In this post I will be taking you through the steps of remote downloading stuff to your PS3 or PS Vita.
1. Log in to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
2. Hover over your PSN ID.
You will see 2 things. One is Download List and the other is Download Queue. Let's start with the download list.
You can see something new here. This is the NEW SEN STORE DOWNLOAD LIST. Whatever you have purchased will show up on this list. To queue something to download for later, simply click on the Download button which is at the right of the product you want.
Next, the Download Queue.
Anything that you have queued for download will appear in the SEN STORE DOWNLOAD QUEUE. From here you can see the status of the download, and you can cancel download from here if necessary.
One mistake which Sony maybe forgot to do is to put a Download button in product pages. You can however, queue stuff from later using the Thank You page as well.
Now, before you start complaining about you need to manually turn on your PS3 or PS Vita first, READ THE BELOW PART FIRST!!!
1. IF YOU ARE A NON PS PLUS SUBSCRIBER...
You need to turn on your PS3 or PS Vita for the download(s) to commence.
2. IF YOU ARE A PS PLUS SUBSCRIBER...
Automatic Update will do the job for you. Just sit back and wait for the content to download.
I hope that walked you through the new feature in the SEN Store.
If I find any more things related to this, I'll update this thread here.
Comment here on what you think about this new feature, and some feedback.
Solved! Go to Solution.
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Nice tip, thanks.
Have a kudo!
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.
Are these supposed to automatically download if the Vita is on standby? I know my trophies at least always update while I am at work, not sure if that applies to this new download queue.
Too bad I cant remember if I let it go to standby last night or actually pressed the power button. Perhaps that is the reason everything is still marked as "waiting".
Sorry for bump. I think it's live in US Store. I tested it on both PS3 and PSVita. it pretty confusing at the first try (VITA) while PS3 is way easy.
For PS3 was pretty easy. the Vita. confusing.
Here's the official tutorial from PlayStation Knowledge Center https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/det
To remote download: (PS3)
You can remotely download game content directly onto your PS3 from the SEN Online Store.
- At the 'Thank You' page or on your Download List select 'Download to your PS3' next to the title you want to download.
- Provided your device is in stand-by mode and you are a member of PlayStation Plus, your PS3 will begin downloading at the specified time in the PS3 automatic update setting. If you are not a member of PlayStation Plus the content will begin downloading automatically when you next switch on your PS3.
- Once it's downloaded go to (Games) to access your new game.
To remote download: (PSVita)
- At the 'Thank You' page or on your Download List select 'Download to your PS Vita' next to the title you want to download.
- Content will remotely download onto your Vita if one of the follow occurs:
- Access the PSN Store from your PS Vita
- Next time your switch on your PS Vita (aka when it NOT in standby mode, i don't know that...yet. i tested it too. pretty much don't know about that)
- During daily auto-start (between 4-6 am) while in standby mode
- Once it's downloaded the game will be available on the home screen.
I think u need PS3 or PSVita to be on the latest Version to get this thing working (at least i know)
Hmm, I finally made it home but it seems like I can't get my queued downloads to actually download to the vita. Its been confirmed on and playing nothing for the last 2 hours
Time to fiddle around even more