Dec 03 2012
By: Blaze_Octane44 Sackboy 497 posts

You Tube UPDATE NOW VITA LIVE!!

12 replies 374 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

Go update ur vita you tube app guys n girls! now manage ur subscriptions!!!!!!! go to playstation.com  to find out the rest. just wanted to give a heads up as this update is gonna make vita you tube app awesome and much needed as ps3 app sucks n shuts down my ps3 s.

Gamer till the End
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (374 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10214 posts

Re: You Tube UPDATE NOW VITA LIVE!!

Dec 3, 2012

Here's a list of changes:

Subscriptions and channels: Now you can view and manage your subscriptions (including your subscription to the PlayStation YouTube channel), browse all videos on a specific channel and check out detailed information in the "About this channel" menu option.

Improved controls: We've added new functions on controls including Next/Previous buttons, a loop video option and the ability to browse videos while another is playing, making it easy to select preferred videos without interrupting playback.

Playlist settings: You can now create playlists and add videos to your playlists, including your Favorites or Watch Later lists.

Closed captions: Captions help deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers enjoy YouTube videos, and they're also useful if you forgot your headphones and want to watch videos in a loud (or quiet) setting while on-the-go. Now you can display closed captions when playing videos. Look for the captions icon on the video thumbnail. You can even change the language of captions in the options menu.

Continuous playback: In the settings menu, you can now enable continuous playback, so your next video selection will start to play automatically.

PS Vita buttons: You now have the option to use the PS Vita buttons to control playback and menus, which can be enabled in the Settings > System menu.

Share: Show that you're tuned in-Tweet, Email or group message your friends the name and URL to the latest video. You can also invite people to check out any channel on YouTube - like the the PlayStation YouTube channel - via group message, so they don't miss a beat.

Improved search: You can now use search filters - sorting by upload date or duration, for example - making it easier than ever to find your favorite videos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (368 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Thanks to both of you for the info, glad to see an update!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2357 posts

Dec 3, 2012
That's an unexpected surprise, thanks a lot for the heads up. I'd have never checked it otherwise~.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1485 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Subscriptions and channels: Now you can view and manage your subscriptions (including your subscription to the PlayStation YouTube channel), browse all videos on a specific channel and check out detailed information in the "About this channel" menu option.

Improved controls: We've added new functions on controls including Next/Previous buttons, a loop video option and the ability to browse videos while another is playing, making it easy to select preferred videos without interrupting playback.

Playlist settings: You can now create playlists and add videos to your playlists, including your Favorites or Watch Later lists.

Closed captions: Captions help deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers enjoy YouTube videos, and they're also useful if you forgot your headphones and want to watch videos in a loud (or quiet) setting while on-the-go. Now you can display closed captions when playing videos. Look for the captions icon on the video thumbnail. You can even change the language of captions in the options menu.

Continuous playback: In the settings menu, you can now enable continuous playback, so your next video selection will start to play automatically.

PS Vita buttons: You now have the option to use the PS Vita buttons to control playback and menus, which can be enabled in the Settings > System menu.

Share: Show that you're tuned in-Tweet, Email or group message your friends the name and URL to the latest video. You can also invite people to check out any channel on YouTube - like the the PlayStation YouTube channel - via group message, so they don't miss a beat.

Improved search: You can now use search filters - sorting by upload date or duration, for example - making it easier than ever to find your favorite videos.

Sorry, but at my age that was killing my eyes to try to read that WoT. So I edited it for readability. Thanks.

Edit: Very nice that they improved the search to allow for upload date. I was really missing that.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (340 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9689 posts

Dec 3, 2012
My only request was search filtering like on the YT on my computer and they delivered in this update. We can see newer videos first now.
PlaystationBlogger.com - CHECK IT OUT!

Follow on Twitter @ilikepstrophies
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1910 posts

Dec 4, 2012
do videos load up fast.. theyal default to hd.. and its slow and laggy =(
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (250 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
986 posts

Dec 4, 2012

UnrealButcher wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Sorry, but at my age that was killing my eyes to try to read that WoT. So I edited it for readability. Thanks.

Edit: Very nice that they improved the search to allow for upload date. I was really missing that.:smileyhappy:

Thank you, it was killing my eyes too

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Much, much better now, i'm really glad.

But still can search videos like normal, i mean, i cant search famous videos like celebrity's, or vevo's videos.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6366 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Free kudos
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (207 Views)
0 Likes