Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 26 2012
By: mntwister First Son 7 posts

You Tube Streaming problem

[ Edited ]
3 replies 87 views Edited Dec 26, 2012

My streaming seems to be working on all other services (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, ect), but for You Tube, there is something wrong with the sound. It comes in and out at a fast rate, like a constant chopping every other second. My WIFI connection is very good, so I don't understand why only on this site. It may work for 5-10 seconds here or there then goes into the chopping off mode (in-out-in-out quickly). The video remains fine.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong here? If it were all streaming services, I would understand there is a signal problem, but everything else works fine. I have the new ultra-slim model.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Re: You Tube Streaming problem

Dec 26, 2012

Based on this popular thread on the YouTube app, it might be the app doesn't like your Wi-Fi router. To confirm this, can you try a wired network connection? 

Although I don't use the app (prefer full web experience), app works fine with my ancient WRT54g Linksys router.  

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Thanks for the responses, I see the thread about how bad YouTube app is, Sony please make this a good app!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Dec 29, 2012

You can type in Youtube on the internet search and go to the link that says Music I Youtube and get the PC version of youtube. Screw that app, it's awful

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes