Reply
Highlighted
Jul 20 2013
By: datdiamond First Son 2 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Ylod best homemade fix

12 replies 359 views Edited Jul 20, 2013
I recently had a ps3 that lighted up n went completely off tgen tgat maf@@@@@ ylod appeared.. paying for sony fee is a **bleep** so ...with research i found instead of rice and leavin in sun....carefully get a plastic bag like one those (walmartbags) and place in a dark closet or cabinet and let it sit the humidity in bag will evap all water...hope it helps
Message 1 of 13 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/20/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 20, 2013
Bag must sit either 24hrs or as long as needed...turning on your game before water is out will fry n cause harm to system....my log in is datdiamond on psn
Message 2 of 13 (357 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2009
Offline
8172 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 20, 2013
I wonder where you found these ideas?
Message 3 of 13 (342 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 20, 2013

Here is a fix for you..... How about sony admitting they have a manufacturing defect in that console and offer to replace? Pisses me off that I bought my $599 dollar ps3 and it went the same way. Yet all this time people defend sony. WTH people, why are you being sheep?

Message 4 of 13 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Online
10763 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 20, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Here is a fix for you..... How about sony admitting they have a manufacturing defect in that console and offer to replace? Pisses me off that I bought my $599 dollar ps3 and it went the same way. Yet all this time people defend sony. WTH people, why are you being sheep?


Because 'manufacturing defects' don't go unnoticed for more than a year, which is why the PS3 comes with a 12-month warranty (as most other electronic devices do).  If it was truly a 'manufacturing defect', the PS3 would fail in the first few months you own it.  Most likely, it would fail within a couple of weeks.  It certainly wouldn't wait six years to fail.

 

When an electronic device fails after five or six years, it's no longer a 'manufacturing defect'.  It is called 'getting old'.

Message 5 of 13 (318 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 21, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Here is a fix for you..... How about sony admitting they have a manufacturing defect in that console and offer to replace? Pisses me off that I bought my $599 dollar ps3 and it went the same way. Yet all this time people defend sony. WTH people, why are you being sheep?


Because 'manufacturing defects' don't go unnoticed for more than a year, which is why the PS3 comes with a 12-month warranty (as most other electronic devices do).  If it was truly a 'manufacturing defect', the PS3 would fail in the first few months you own it.  Most likely, it would fail within a couple of weeks.  It certainly wouldn't wait six years to fail.

 

When an electronic device fails after five or six years, it's no longer a 'manufacturing defect'.  It is called 'getting old'.


5 or 6 years? LMAO you do realize that the paste used on the cpu and gpu last around 2 years before it dries out. Sony knew this and still sold this console. SO what it makes it past the one year warranty because normally it will die on the second year. Using shoddy parts is a defect no matter how you look at it. SO please quit defending a money grubbing company.

 

Thats why we are in the shape were in because of behavior such as yours!

Message 6 of 13 (291 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 21, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Here is a fix for you..... How about sony admitting they have a manufacturing defect in that console and offer to replace? Pisses me off that I bought my $599 dollar ps3 and it went the same way. Yet all this time people defend sony. WTH people, why are you being sheep?


Because 'manufacturing defects' don't go unnoticed for more than a year, which is why the PS3 comes with a 12-month warranty (as most other electronic devices do).  If it was truly a 'manufacturing defect', the PS3 would fail in the first few months you own it.  Most likely, it would fail within a couple of weeks.  It certainly wouldn't wait six years to fail.

 

When an electronic device fails after five or six years, it's no longer a 'manufacturing defect'.  It is called 'getting old'.


5 or 6 years? LMAO you do realize that the paste used on the cpu and gpu last around 2 years before it dries out. Sony knew this and still sold this console. SO what it makes it past the one year warranty because normally it will die on the second year. Using shoddy parts is a defect no matter how you look at it. SO please quit defending a money grubbing company.

 

Thats why we are in the shape were in because of behavior such as yours!


You do realize that most people who have owned a PS3 have had it for more than 2 years, without any hardware failures, right? Compare it to Xbox, and many people have had system failures. I think that hardware failures are usually the person's fault for not looking after the sytem, no offense OP. 

Message 7 of 13 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 21, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Here is a fix for you..... How about sony admitting they have a manufacturing defect in that console and offer to replace? Pisses me off that I bought my $599 dollar ps3 and it went the same way. Yet all this time people defend sony. WTH people, why are you being sheep?


Because 'manufacturing defects' don't go unnoticed for more than a year, which is why the PS3 comes with a 12-month warranty (as most other electronic devices do).  If it was truly a 'manufacturing defect', the PS3 would fail in the first few months you own it.  Most likely, it would fail within a couple of weeks.  It certainly wouldn't wait six years to fail.

 

When an electronic device fails after five or six years, it's no longer a 'manufacturing defect'.  It is called 'getting old'.


5 or 6 years? LMAO you do realize that the paste used on the cpu and gpu last around 2 years before it dries out. Sony knew this and still sold this console. SO what it makes it past the one year warranty because normally it will die on the second year. Using shoddy parts is a defect no matter how you look at it. SO please quit defending a money grubbing company.

 

Thats why we are in the shape were in because of behavior such as yours!


You do realize that most people who have owned a PS3 have had it for more than 2 years, without any hardware failures, right? Compare it to Xbox, and many people have had system failures. I think that hardware failures are usually the person's fault for not looking after the sytem, no offense OP. 


hey jay is that what you think? Funny thing when the two year mark hit around here lots of people weresaying how their ps3 stopped working. Anyway thats not the issue here. The issue is that Sony knew they had a problem because they didn't take into account how long kids played their games. Which added more heat which eventually cause this failure. That no matter how you look at it is a design flaw!!!!!!!!

 

Which makes Sonys enormous high price not worth it for their console.

 

 

You the younger generation would defend Hitler..... What is wrong with you guys???

Message 8 of 13 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

Jul 21, 2013

You're comparing Sony with Hitler...

 

Companies aren't allowed to make products faulty on purpous, it has to work properly. Have you got any proof of them knowing that their "product was faulty"?

Message 9 of 13 (248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: Ylod best homemade fix

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

You're comparing Sony with Hitler...

 

Companies aren't allowed to make products faulty on purpous, it has to work properly. Have you got any proof of them knowing that their "product was faulty"?


Jay, I guess you still believe in the tooth fairy huh?? Hate to burst your bubble but companies send out faulty stuff all the time. Hardly ever do you see a company not release something that is ready and to be sold in stores. Heck I remember games doing the same thing. For example, socom confrontation was a strictly online game only. The first week that game was sold and released in stores. No one could take that game and log in online. So would you say thats faulty? OF course......

 

Like I said earlier, you are blind to the ways of the world. Never questioning anything... which is the reasons why things are the way they are....

 

Message 10 of 13 (233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes