Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 01 2013
By: phoenix777999 First Son 5 posts

Yes another Trophy rant!!

9 replies 172 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

I don't understand, with all the fuss some many people make about trophy issues, for so many years, that Sony just won't do anything.  And say that sony can't for whatever reason, that's fine, but what the heck is the reason, atleast give us that. 

I love trophies, I love the rush I get when I get the platinum, or even complete a grueling gold trophy.  I love having that extra challenge to go for after I've beat the game.  I love when I old game come out, one that I've played to death or even still own, but loved so much and playing it again just to get the trophy.  Yeah that's right, spending money to buy a game I already own just to get trophy's. Sounds silly, but I'm also playing because I love it, the trophies just being me there and I get to have fun all over again, where as I may never of touched the game again.  But unfortunately for some reason not all games have trophies, why?  Is it really that hard (I'm not being sarcastic).  I just know that personally I would have spent atleast another $400 on games just because it would have giving me a new reason to play.  Just the latest is GTA Vice City, I have been waiting for that game to show up on the PSN forever now.  I was so excited when I heard it was coming, but I won't be buying it; no trophies! 

Then there is the online trophies, I'm not saying to get rid of them, I'm just saying like the downloaded content trophies, they shouldn't count towards your platinum.  I'm not going to get platinum on Portal 2 simply because I don't have 3 friends with the game to hug, really?! And you may say what's the big deal, but on the playstation network site it even says "Trophy Up, because everyone should know how awesome you are", not if I'm missing 7 platinum's for stupid online trophies. The other problems with the online trophies are that they are cheap if you have the friends with the games, and if you don't, well guess what, no one is going to play a game forever, so what do I do if I don't buy it early enough?

Now this may be pushing it, but what the heck is up with some of the lame trophy list, sure you need some easy trophies, but you also need some hard ones to earn that platinum.

Finally, deleting trophy data, just let us have the option. For whatever our reasons are.

All of these issues keeping popping up, over and over, fix them or just post something telling us why you can't. I've found post from as early the year the trophies first appeared. Do you know what customer service is? And if that doesn't motivate you, what about all the money you're not making from the people that would buy the games if you just put trophies on them? And you know what sony, if it is just an issue of money, and you not being able to get that third mansion, fifth yacht, and 20th car to add to your collection, I personally would  gladly pay $5 to download the patch to fix all these issues.

Now a message to the people who are going to post reply about me crying and to get over it, and who the heck care.  Well guess what, lots of people care, that's why there are so many post, and multipliable wedsites dedicated to nothing but getting trophies.  And if your don't care, why the heck are you even reading this post and complaining about it. 

Message 1 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Re: Yes another Trophy rant!!

Feb 1, 2013

It was up to Rockstar not to have trophy support on the PSN Vice City. Take it up with them, not SCEA.

The only thing I can agree with you on is somehow deleting certain trophy data. Now I don't see that ever happening since that can be a huge security issue. I have some games I popped into my console and never played the games again and they just stand out on my game list.

YB

Message 2 of 10 (167 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30460 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I'm not going to care too much about the lack of trophy support for VC nor the fact that I can't get rid of those games on my list showing 0%, personally these two really don't bother me at all, it's the onine trophies that annoy me, don't make them count towards the Paltinum.

Message 3 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4011 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Vice City isn't some HD remake made for PSN, it's a PS2 classic isn't it? There were no trophies on PS2, don't expect that anytime...ever.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10 (148 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Feb 1, 2013
You can't expect every PS1 or PS2 game on PSN to have trophy support, they aren't remakes, they are ports, nothing new added to them, why? because that costs money. Even Metal Gear Solid 4 waited a long time before adding trophy support, and we are talking about a PS3 game.
Message 5 of 10 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Feb 1, 2013

My opinion on the online trophy part is as follows:

Online trophies are fine but they SHOULD NOT count towards platinum trophies.

Message 6 of 10 (127 Views)
Sackboy
409 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I'm not a fan of online trophies either for many reasons... but i think it'd be dumb to add trophies to a game that previously never had them... download games like Back 2 the Future / castle crashers is ok... but classics don't need them. Also if they were to add trophies that would add unknown countless hours of work. Changing graphics to hd, and reformatting is relatively simple compared to rewriting certain functions in the game to add trophies.

If your a trophy hunter why want to delete? i too enjoy trophy chasing...and would never want to delete them even after uploading them to the Network.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 7 of 10 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Feb 2, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

I'm not a fan of online trophies either for many reasons... but i think it'd be dumb to add trophies to a game that previously never had them... download games like Back 2 the Future / castle crashers is ok... but classics don't need them. Also if they were to add trophies that would add unknown countless hours of work. Changing graphics to hd, and reformatting is relatively simple compared to rewriting certain functions in the game to add trophies.

If your a trophy hunter why want to delete? i too enjoy trophy chasing...and would never want to delete them even after uploading them to the Network.

I'm a trophy hunter myself but wouldn't mind being able to delete a few of the games i tried and absolutely hated therefore have zero trophies in...my trophy list is LARGE!

trophycard

Message 8 of 10 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Feb 2, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

My opinion on the online trophy part is as follows:

Online trophies are fine but they SHOULD NOT count towards platinum trophies.

Agree for two reasons. One, I really don't play multiplayer. Two, I am late to the party on a lot of games so even if I wanted to play I can't even get into a game.

Message 9 of 10 (81 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

JFK_Fan wrote:

I'm a trophy hunter myself but wouldn't mind being able to delete a few of the games i tried and absolutely hated therefore have zero trophies in...my trophy list is LARGE!

trophycard

Agree with that too. 

Message 10 of 10 (80 Views)