Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 21 2012
By: thetallkev91 First Son 1 posts

YLOD and the good times. 06-12

4 replies 110 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

So I got my playstation 3 way back in 06 right when it came out. I had just turned 15 and being as such, I had to mow lawns all summer to get enough money for it. There were a lot of times where I thought I should just stop and hope to get it for Christmas, but I decided to push on for my first playstation console. I remember watching my dad play his PS2 and great games like GTA and God of War and thinking "Once all these lawns are done and November rolls around, all get to play all these amazing games on my own system that I worked for myself". I vividly remember opening that box and booting it up for the first time. It is one of my favorite memories. My dad had gotten us both Resistance: Fall of man a little before the actual system came out and I remember pouring over every detail of the Chimera for days before I actually played it. This was only the beginning of a great six year run I had with my playstation. Every Saturday night in High school when I had nothing to do, I always had that system to take me away. Coming home from my classes today and seeing that YLOD kinda crushed me. As geeky as it sounds, I had some real good times with my system.  Being in College and living hand to mouth I have no idea when and if I would be able to get a new PS3. Hopefully when Im done with school and have a decent job I can invest in whatever Playstation is out on the market then. All I know is that getting this system taught me valuable lessons about working for what you really want and how satisfying it is to buy something you worked for. So Rest in Peice my fat PS3. You may be gone, but I will always have the good times.

Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)
MVP Support
6493 posts

Re: YLOD and the good times. 06-12

Sep 21, 2012

Well said.

Sorry for your loss.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 2 of 5 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I am sorry to hear that! :smileysad:

Message 3 of 5 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11419 posts

Sep 21, 2012
That was beautiful. May your console R.I.P.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2137 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Wow, your PS3 was a champ to last that long. My first one died 3 years after use and like you I went through the same memories when she died. It was kind of special to me  because I recieved it as a birthday present when times were rough financially, both my parents and brother put down funds together  to buy it and suprised me on my birthday.

Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes