Apr 15 2011
By: fiveofirst First Son 5 posts

Xperia Play V.S NGP

7 replies 22 views Edited Apr 15, 2011

Well I just got a new xperia x10 a few days ago and seen that they have a phone that is called the xperia play that will be able to do mostly what the ngp is said to do but it is a phone with the NGP haveing 3G in it will you have to sign a contract with the provider to use that service and if so why don't people just get the xperia play when it comes out it is the same bace with a few missing features that you regain in haveing a android based phone.... Just wondering but what will be the outcome when people see the 2 devices what is going to happen?

Message 1 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Xperia Play V.S NGP

Apr 16, 2011

That is interesting. But I am not sure about that I seen that they were doing that in gameinformer mag and kinda didn't believe it. I guess the they are trying to compete with apple and android. So it's a good idea, but I highly doubt they release both products at the same time. The NGP will be more aimed toward the "hardcore" gamer on the go, while the phone would be aimed toward a more casual gamer but with an added PS edge to it!

Message 2 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 16, 2011

That is a good way to look at it but I am worried that I will have to get another plan to run the NGP when I get it.

Message 3 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 16, 2011

I could have sworn I have already posted here.hmmmm oh well

So I will be short as possible but check out the link at the end.

1. The Xperia Play will be powerful enough to play PS1 games and other PS Suite titles made for the phone by 1st and 3rd party companies.

2. The Xperia Play will not have the power to play PSP games it will be that much of a under dog so to speak that the PSP's have better game prowess over theme.

3. Good Q why not have them together?

A. Your phone dies cause you are playing Killzone for 6-8 hours and you miss that emergency call.

B. The NGP is longer and taller than the PSP Slim. Have you ever held a PSP Slim to your head and said "Can you hear me now?"

C. I will have them both because it is a matter of my Sonyness. When I finally get my 1st smart phone (in my old line of work it was nextel or it was broke) it needs to be the PS Phone (Xperia Play) I want to access PSN and check my friends list and send messages over PSN more than check my e-mail and text (sad case).

D. Finally I hope that yes there will be some extra kick in with Verizon or AT&T (the first two names dropped as the phone service providers) that they will have a "Oh you have the Xperia Play and a 3G NGP well check out this plan." Q is who has the better plan and service. I have been sprint my whole entire life so.

E. Oh yea I don't know how caller waiting would work in the middle of Uncharted?

NGP & Xperia™ PLAY

Look at the rest of this info to really get some more info on your Q's.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 4 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13493 posts

Apr 17, 2011

The Xperia Play is nowhere near the power of the NGP. It's basically a PSP on a phone (And I mean the original PSP). So it can't play that much. And you can't use the games you've bought off the PSN, you have to re-buy any games because apparently it's a different store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 17, 2011

You are respnding to just the thread right and not me?????

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 6 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13493 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Yeah. I just never hit "reply to original post".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 8 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 17, 2011

ok cool.

LOL

Photobucket
Photobucket