May 16 2012
By: SeBBall09 I Only Post Everything 1028 posts

Xfinity, HBO ToGO, Fios, etc..

19 replies 8882 views Edited May 16, 2012

When will Sony wake up and get these apps on to the PS3? I dont get why instead we get shit apps like "BestBuy Cinema" (wtf is that??) and now im hearing there getting BBC or some crap.  It would be awesome to watch cable TV on my PS3 and i think some people would agree. It takes all the hassle out of running wires all around your house.  Sony needs to talk to these companies so they can get an app for PS3, like the other console did.  I just feel like sony is so far out of the loop when it comes to apps....they are important in this day and age.

Message 1 of 20 (8,882 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

Re: Xfinity, HBO ToGO, Fios, etc..

May 16, 2012

SeBBall09 wrote:

When will Sony wake up and get these apps on to the PS3? I dont get why instead we get **** apps like "BestBuy Cinema" (*** is that??) and now im hearing there getting BBC or some crap. It would be awesome to watch cable TV on my PS3 and i think some people would agree. It takes all the hassle out of running wires all around your house.  Sony needs to talk to these companies so they can get an app for PS3, like the other console did.  I just feel like sony is so far out of the loop when it comes to apps....they are important in this day and age.

If you have cable then you already have a cable box, and there's no need to watch it on your PS3. Really, what is it that's so innovative about giving the PS3 the functionality of a device circa 1979?

Message 2 of 20 (8,882 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

May 16, 2012

who cares about innovation? Do you really think innovation is why people bought the PS3?  its about convinience and features. Having everything in one place i much easier.  Having cable TV on the PS3 means that i dont have to run an extra cable wire through my house and drill extra holes in the wall.  Its like saying if you already have a PC, why have a PS3 internet browser yet why did they put that on there.

Message 3 of 20 (8,882 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

May 16, 2012

What you are talking about really isn't cable TV for the PS3. Just cable TV apps, like what is on the X360. I can see apps like HBOgo and MAXgo coming to the PS3 at some point. The X360 can access selected channels on FiOS and only On Demand content from Xfinity, so even the X360 can't function as a full function cable box at this point.

The X360 does function as a cable box for AT&T U-verse, but they aren't allowing any new customers to participate.

I think the reason more of these apps are coming to the X360 is that Microsoft is concentrating on making their platform more as a mulimedia system than a gaming platform. I think Sony is concentrating more on the games...

Message 4 of 20 (8,882 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

May 16, 2012

oh ok i see what you're saying i thought they were basically another cable box

Message 5 of 20 (8,882 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

May 17, 2012

HBOgo & MAXgo are basically just On Demand versions of their services that you can access on your PC or smartphone/tablet. While it would be cool to have it on PS3 too, it seems redundant to me since you likely have a cable box attached to a TV in your home that can access the same On Demand content...

Message 6 of 20 (8,882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 7, 2013

It isn't just an OnDemand app.  Their is WAY more content available through the HBOgo app and the Xfinity app that is not available on demand.  It really is a great service and Microsoft if doing the right thing by making these apps available on their console.  If the Xbox 360 had a bluray player, the PS3 would really be in trouble.

Message 7 of 20 (7,849 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

If you wanna run your ps3 like a cable nox/dvr than you need to move to eu... Since you can do it on their ps3's there...

If you have a problem with that then talk to the good ol govt in the usa...

They are the reason thing's don't get put on the ps3 that other countries get...

Besides xfinity is owned by microsoft...

Comcast just advertises and runs the lines for them..

I also really think comcast is owned by microsoft but nothing has officially been said..

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 20 (7,845 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28826 posts

Jan 7, 2013

blackhawk375 wrote:

It isn't just an OnDemand app.  Their is WAY more content available through the HBOgo app and the Xfinity app that is not available on demand.  It really is a great service and Microsoft if doing the right thing by making these apps available on their console.  If the Xbox 360 had a bluray player, the PS3 would really be in trouble.

Have you ever considered the reason why Microsoft is giving you these "apps", is to distract you from the fact that they don't have very good exclusive games?

Message 9 of 20 (7,831 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Actually BBC isn't half bad. I personally enjoy there programming.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 20 (7,819 Views)
0 Likes