Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Re: Xbox will copy ps4 ideas

Apr 3, 2013

You know that if Microsoft tries to copy anything from the Playstation 4, thats copyright? and for that they can get sued.

Message 11 of 37 (811 Views)
MVP Support
13578 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Tell that to Apple/Samsung.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 37 (793 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Both companies can "copy" an idea from each other. Heck, game developers do it all the time from older looking games.

They just do as much as they can to avoid and copy-rights or patients.

YB

Message 13 of 37 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1606 posts

Apr 3, 2013
They copied when they made the Xbox. Even the controller is pretty much the same if you switch the D-pad with the left analog boom same controller 4 buttons in the same spot. Hell xbox360 got their name from the PS controller lol X, Square, circle.
Message 14 of 37 (712 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 3, 2013

mischeifcaus3r wrote:
Xbox will copy most of play stations ideas and use them with their ideas to make a better console and probably will get more buyers than playstation.

The amounts of facts provided by your most detailed and well written post is outstanding. Never in my online life have I witnessed such fine and thorough explanation~.

Message 15 of 37 (679 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I seriously doubt Microsoft will copy much from the PS4. Why? Several reasons.

First if the rumors are true than the Xbox is heading in a more family orientated direction where they try to build a console for the whole family. More of an entertainment hub then an actual game station. Sony has made it clear they want nothing to do with that. Their goal has always been to entertain as a game console. Microsoft on the other hand has stated that they always intended to make the Xbox a home entertainment center rather than an actual platform for gaming. Sure they will game, but not as much as Sony will. Microsoft will, and has already started to, implement tools and toys on the 360 that are for more of a family demographic.

Second. As some may already expect, changes are not quick when it comes to something as complex as a gaming console. So to "copy" someone would be unrealistic because it would take a massive amount of time and money to switch directions. The only way they could have "copied" the PS4's designs is if they stole them well before the consoles were fully developed, which I am sure ever major company does at this point anyways.

If personally think the new Xbox will be a seriously different beast than anyone expects, which is why I am so curious to its reveal. I think people may be shocked with what Microsoft has changed.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 16 of 37 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Farmtown89 wrote:

You know that if Microsoft tries to copy anything from the Playstation 4, thats copyright? and for that they can get sued.

Ideas and features are not copyrights.  Microsoft can implement any feature that the PS4 has without issue.  Issues arise when features are implemented using a method that has been patented, which I doubt Microsoft is going to do.

Message 17 of 37 (634 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Farmtown89 wrote:

Sounds like you need to spend less time playing videogames and more time gaining an education.  You have no idea what a copyright is.  Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 37 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 3, 2013

GRIM__REAFER wrote:
They copied when they made the Xbox. Even the controller is pretty much the same if you switch the D-pad with the left analog boom same controller 4 buttons in the same spot. Hell xbox360 got their name from the PS controller lol X, Square, circle.

Except... the layout of a controller is not a patent-able "thing"..... that something that is highly subjective.

If anything the Xbox has takent the same layout of the Dreamcast controller and just added a 2nd analog stick and two shoulder buttons
dreamcast controller

And no.... They did not name the 360 after the shapes on the PS controllers.... you're an idiot if you believe that conspiratorial rhetoric based on an unhumorous photo depicting such.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 37 (545 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 3, 2013

mischeifcaus3r wrote:
Xbox will copy most of play stations ideas and use them with their ideas to make a better console and probably will get more buyers than playstation.

RickCoolStory.jpg

Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 20 of 37 (544 Views)