Fender Bender
3613 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

Since i knew the name for about a month from a site i go to for info.

I am going to say i will probably finally purchase both instead of just the one..

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 81 of 137 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

May 22, 2013
Ps4 is going to be sexy by just looking at those put together pictures from the teaser. And powerful by GDDR5 vs xbox DDR3 , and xbox paying SONY for blu ray royalties.
Message 82 of 137 (219 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 22, 2013

First, I have both systems. 360 for about a year now but PS since the beginning. Although, never, ever purchase initial release consoles. Just like buying a new car. You don't ever buy a first run model year until they work out the kinks.

It's obvious that I never post in these forums, but after watching the XB1 stuff from yesterday, I just wanted to add some insight that I haven't seen anyone else bring up. I very highly doubt that as an all-in-one media console, it will be compatible with all cable providers. Don't tell me I'll never have to pick up a remote without telling me that you can also handle the DVR capabilities of my Fios provided box or that you can integrate with it or not. Also, I don't have kinect, nor do I want kinect (or a PS equivalent). I don't have my gaming systems in my family or living room let alone a tv provider box. They are in a room where kinect won't work anyway. I want to play my games, not pay for a console where I won't have a need for more than half it's capabilities.

And not sharing games? When I think of all the money I would have wasted buying the Halo series instead of borrowing it from my brother first because to me the gameplay is just sad.

I could go on, but I mainly wanted to bring up the point about tv lineup integration. He claimed he had comcrap, but that is only one of many providers out there. And don't tell me it's an instant transition from my tv, snap in to IE/skyp etc when I'm willing to bet you did not test all this at the lowest bandwidth that probably 50 percent of your clientele are stuck with.

Message 83 of 137 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

May 22, 2013

i will probably end up with both consoles at some point in time. i like all games and respective consoles. i don't wanna limit myself on the tech and the fun i could have with just one. having said that though i will for sure buy the ps4 first. i am a playstation guy afterall.

Message 84 of 137 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

May 22, 2013
how can you hate something you've never used?
Message 85 of 137 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

May 22, 2013

Little-ten wrote:

I will probably end up with both consoles at some point in time. I like all games and respective consoles. I don't want limit myself on the tech and the fun I could have with just one. Having said that though I will for sure buy the ps4 first. I am a playstation guy afterall.

I agree.  Maybe in the long term I could buy both, but the up-front costs of a new console and library basically mean I can only buy one new system this year.  But I can promise you this, it will be a Sony product.

Or more accurately, it will NOT be an XBOX One.

I am still fairly upset that Microsoft just unilaterally prohibited me from sharing my games with my dad or friends.

To hell with MS, I have another idea.

How about I dictate to MS that they wont get any more of my money.

And I will admit it, if Sony tries to pull a stunt like this too... well, maybe just building a good PC rig is the answer.

Message 86 of 137 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

May 22, 2013

PS4!!!

Message 87 of 137 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

May 22, 2013

Sony Master Race. I don't know how Microsoft screwed itself over this bad. I get what they were trying to do, but the execution was bad. I wonder what my Xbot friend thought of it Smiley Wink

photo 2224291_zps9f29b322.jpg
This is mah signature. It is a noice signature.
Message 88 of 137 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 22, 2013

R36Dreams wrote:

First, I have both systems. 360 for about a year now but PS since the beginning. Although, never, ever purchase initial release consoles. Just like buying a new car. You don't ever buy a first run model year until they work out the kinks.

It's obvious that I never post in these forums, but after watching the XB1 stuff from yesterday, I just wanted to add some insight that I haven't seen anyone else bring up. I very highly doubt that as an all-in-one media console, it will be compatible with all cable providers. Don't tell me I'll never have to pick up a remote without telling me that you can also handle the DVR capabilities of my Fios provided box or that you can integrate with it or not. Also, I don't have kinect, nor do I want kinect (or a PS equivalent). I don't have my gaming systems in my family or living room let alone a tv provider box. They are in a room where kinect won't work anyway. I want to play my games, not pay for a console where I won't have a need for more than half it's capabilities.

And not sharing games? When I think of all the money I would have wasted buying the Halo series instead of borrowing it from my brother first because to me the gameplay is just sad.

I could go on, but I mainly wanted to bring up the point about tv lineup integration. He claimed he had comcrap, but that is only one of many providers out there. And don't tell me it's an instant transition from my tv, snap in to IE/skyp etc when I'm willing to bet you did not test all this at the lowest bandwidth that probably 50 percent of your clientele are stuck with.

Also, don't forget that the TV integration is supposedly only going to be supported in the US.  Outside of the US (Also known as every single other place in the world), many of these new features will not be useful at all.

Message 89 of 137 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1493 posts

May 22, 2013

Well blind fanboys im getting both,Kicking **bleep** across both system is going to be so much fun. The real FreeAg3nt leader Team Six1 on ms consone Team61 on psn we are recruting no fanboys please just gamers

Message 90 of 137 (138 Views)
0 Likes