MVP Support
11374 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:
This website is still calling the  new xbox the 720, and you guys really that big of fanboys that your really believing this stuff 5 or 6 months before release lol.

5 or 6 months prior to release, nothing in the hardware is going to change.

Both systems run on 8-core processors with 8GB of RAM and a Blu-ray drive.  That is where the similarities end.  The PS4 uses GDDR5 RAM and the XBO uses DDR3 RAM.  When Sony revealed the hardware specs for the PS4 in February, the top dogs at M$ most likely had a stroke, because they knew to keep up with the PS4 would require going back to the drawing board, which would mean a delay of at least a year, likely two.

Both systems have likely been in development since 2010-2011.  Not much is going to change once the major components (the architecture - CPU, GPU, RAM) is set.

The PS4 reveal was all about the games and the capabilities.  The XBO reveal seemed to be all about everything EXCEPT the games.

Sony 1, Microsoft 0.

Message 71 of 137 (227 Views)
First Son
15 posts

May 22, 2013

LOL ^ THIS F TARD is halarious !Smiley Very Happy  Go ahead bro look me up , same GT as PS3, LOL Do yourself a favor STAY in school, do something productive, besides stalking people on forums and trying to  intimidate people ...BTW thats my second account.

Message 72 of 137 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

May 22, 2013

Let's see: The PS4 is more like a social network while the Xbox One is like a cable box.

PS4 for sure!

Message 73 of 137 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 22, 2013
You're trying to stand up for the new MS system so hard. MS did not say that they were only showing the system before the show. I'm active on IGN a lot, and I never saw one article about this system that said that MS was only showing the system. Also, when you do announce a new system, you show the quality of the games that are coming out for the system. MS simply did not care enough about games to include quality exclusives in their announcement. They say wait until E3 in 19 days. They showed CG sequences that are very clearly not actual gameplay. Anyone can make a high res CG segment. Where's the actual gameplay? No, they wanted to push gamers to the side in a console announcement for crap like Skype, IE, and The Price is Right. It's not a smart way to do a console announcement in any way.
My PSN
Message 74 of 137 (223 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 22, 2013

mikepen0287 wrote:

i dont want to buy an xbox, and if i purchase a ps4 depends heavily on if i can use a regular playstation controller. i hate the new one.

the controller is why i even got a ps3 and i use that style on my pc for gaming.

How can you hate something you have never even touched? 

Message 75 of 137 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 22, 2013

Xbox does confirm that the Kenict MUST stay on to play games , as they stated the Kenict HAS NOW BEEN INTERGRATED to the console. So what is everyone going to do it thier kenict takes a dump?

Message 76 of 137 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 22, 2013
They'll have to spend more money on a new Kinect just to be able to play their games. It's a very bad way to do a system
My PSN
Message 77 of 137 (204 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 22, 2013
The new ps4 controller is very similar to ds3. It's a little bigger has a touch pad and the triggers are different. The share button is new, and I'm interested in using that. The majority of the controller is the same though.
My PSN
Message 78 of 137 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 22, 2013
I think the voice-control thing, once it does go wrong, will be hilarious. Just tell me, have you ever had to use one of those voice recognition things when calling up support for something? Have you ever done this when you are in an area with a different accent from the one you have? If so, then you understand the horrific rate of failure in accomplishing what you intended.

For anybody who doesn't speak the same dialect as the direct area where your console was produced will likely have MANY issues regarding the speech recognition with this system.

Throw into that the fact that MS has generally been a company that takes a little while to get their software working completely properly after it's been released.

Proper voice recognition requires a fairly robust system to break down the speech of the person who is talking and pick out specific soundwaves used for the commands. Throw in thick, local accents into that process and the recognition isn't so easy.

Therefore, it makes me quite certain that this feature will require an always on connection to the internet so that it can make use of the dedicated systems on MS's network in order to properly handle the countless number of accents and languages across the world.

Don't forget, it also opens up the possibility for hilarious trolling by people in your house who can just randomly yell "XBOX OFF!" while you are playing a game and suddenly it turns off. (If not popping up a screen asking "do you want to turn off the system", which would do a good job of ruining an online game).

Or, if Sony and/or Nintendo really want to be funny, they can create a commercial that plays on TV which ends with the phrase "Turn your XBOX OFF, and play our system.", and if the voice-controls aren't perfected, your system will turn off. Lol.

I just think the voice-control thing is a really bad idea with far more potential problems than benefits. A truly effective system would be far too costly to include in a console. Also, have you ever heard anyone say after getting off the phone with some company's support line "Oh man, I LOVE the voice recognition thing they used. It was so easy and quick to respond!"?
Message 79 of 137 (195 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 22, 2013
Yeah, if Siri worked well, I'd use it
My PSN
Message 80 of 137 (187 Views)
0 Likes