Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
We were however given detailed hardware specs on the ps4. Microsoft very briefly spoke of the hardware specs of the Xbox One. It has 8gb ram (most likely ddr3 since windows 8 doesn't support anything newer, a proprietary hard drive, a Blu-Ray drive that is almost exactly like the one in the original PS3, a new controller that is a mix of the XBOX and 360 controllers with a better dpad and triggers that are rounded on the side. It has an x86 processor with 64bit capabilities. The system is nothing to be proud of.

Again give me a legit website stating these facts, as I said we didn't even see a PS4 so why would you believe them, the hardrive you will be able to add a 1tb via usb or any size for that matter, so thats not a problem.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 61 of 137 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 22, 2013

go here--> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Let-s-talk-about-Specs-shall-we/m-p/40424...

the 2 systems appear to be VERY similar, although the xbox will apparently have to be connected every 24 hours, and part of its RAM will be dedicated to the OS.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 62 of 137 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

go here--> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Let-s-talk-about-Specs-shall-we/m-p/40424...

the 2 systems appear to be VERY similar, although the xbox will apparently have to be connected every 24 hours, and part of its RAM will be dedicated to the OS.

I watched the show this afternoon they said no always online, it will be just like the 360, online or off, even if it was can you guys explain what the big deal is with always online?

Message 63 of 137 (392 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10871 posts

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:
Can you give me a legit website that knows exactly what the 2 consoles will have in them exactly? Christ we didn't even see the PS4, they can tell you anything.

Playstation 4 Official Specifications (PDF).

Haven't found anything official for the XBO, but every gaming site from Polygon to Gizmodo is stating the 8GB DDR3 RAM, which is on the same chip as the CPU and GPU.  And it all fits on a 40-nm die, which can ONLY mean DDR3.

Here's an article that contains as much technical data as any I've found on the XBO.

Message 64 of 137 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

The kid spelled reveal "reveil" come on and your gonna believe him. give me a legit website not a sony or MS site that will favor one or another, unbelievable.

Message 65 of 137 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:
Can you give me a legit website that knows exactly what the 2 consoles will have in them exactly? Christ we didn't even see the PS4, they can tell you anything.

Playstation 4 Official Specifications (PDF).

Haven't found anything official for the XBO, but every gaming site from Polygon to Gizmodo is stating the 8GB DDR3 RAM, which is on the same chip as the CPU and GPU.  And it all fits on a 40-nm die, which can ONLY mean DDR3.

Here's an article that contains as much technical data as any I've found on the XBO.

This website is still calling the  new xbox the 720, and you guys really that big of fanboys that your really believing this stuff 5 or 6 months before release lol.

Message 66 of 137 (383 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 22, 2013

I am (was) a XBOX fan boy just turned PS3/PS4 just this year I renewed my PS3 subscribtion ( best investment ever) Yeah i miss some features on my xbox when I switched to PS3 ( PARTY CHAT) I believe that was PS3 down fall.  But free games , come on now yea some are old but who cares i dont have to go out and get a physical copy! 

As for PS4 OR XBOX 1 im getting both but i WILL be using the PS4 MORE , im trying to convince my xbox LIVE friends to make the switch its WAS a bit difficult but after XBOX 1 epic FAIL of todays press confrence , I think that might have given me just the right amount of LEVERAGE i need. Im super stoked , cant wait to see it AT E3!!Robot Happy

Message 67 of 137 (381 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 22, 2013
I'm playing hack and slash games… let's see what I've played

Sleeping Dogs
Dead or Alive 5
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Genji: Days of the Blade
Persona 4: Arena
God of War
NBA Jam
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (really 2 different games since they have entirely different features)
CoD
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Darksiders
Soul Calibur 4
Vanquish
Dust 514
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Skyrim
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
Little big planet 2
Little big Planet Karting
Closure

Out of just those games (some don't have trophies) I play a lot more than just back and slash games, actually hack and slash can only account for a few of them. Fighters, shooters, RPGs, platformers, sports, racing, and a few action games. I am far from playing only hack and slash games. This isn't including all the games I played on my old PS3 that was stolen a year ago. Don't try to insult me on the games that I play. Just because I don't play a ton of shooters and annual sports games doesn't mean that I don't play a variety of games.
My PSN
Message 68 of 137 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

killer65malibu wrote:

I am (was) a XBOX fan boy just turned PS3/PS4 just this year I renewed my PS3 subscribtion ( best investment ever) Yeah i miss some features on my xbox when I switched to PS3 ( PARTY CHAT) I believe that was PS3 down fall.  But free games , come on now yea some are old but who cares i dont have to go out and get a physical copy! 

As for PS4 OR XBOX 1 im getting both but i WILL be using the PS4 MORE , im trying to convince my xbox LIVE friends to make the switch its WAS a bit difficult but after XBOX 1 epic FAIL of todays press confrence , I think that might have given me just the right amount of LEVERAGE i need. Im super stoked , cant wait to see it AT E3!!Robot Happy

How was it a fail? they said they were showing us the system and nothing more, and did that. 8 exclusives will be seen at E3, your friends are idiots if they don't wait till at least after E3,and what was your xbox gamertag? I wanna see how big a fanboy you were.

Message 69 of 137 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

Well guys off to get in a few games, nice talking to ya's and which ever console you choose enjoy it, as I will eventually probably end up with both at some point as I am a gamer not a fanboy.

Message 70 of 137 (365 Views)
0 Likes