I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013
It'll be a good thing to beat on when you want to rage quit Killzone: Shadowfall.
My PSN
Message 51 of 137 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

May 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:
Lets see what the 8 exclusives are, and we can reply to that. If its 5 or 6 kinect games< i agree with you. If they become blockbuster, then I havea system with great games and the option of a great media entertainment hub also.

I predict that at least 6 of them will be tied in some way to Kinect.

What else will that underpowered brick have to offer for the next decade?

Ok you can get out with your fanboyism and let us gamers speak.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 52 of 137 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013
It's not fanboyism to say that the system is what it is, an underpowered unfocused sad excuse of a game system. The graphics quality is crap compared to the PS4, it is always on (only on standby) so it takes a lot of power, has 8gb of memory, but it's slow memory and almost half of it is already gone to the obscene 3 operating systems, and requires Internet to get any games for it (ign confirmed that there is no physical media for the system and games are tied to the account that purchases them, games cannot be played on other accounts without a separate fee for each additional account).
My PSN
Message 53 of 137 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

May 22, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
It's not fanboyism to say that the system is what it is, an underpowered unfocused sad excuse of a game system.

And I will agree with you if out of the 8 exclusives 4 or 5 are kinect shovelware, but we will not know until E3. If 4 or 5 of them are AAA exclusive then I have  great games with a great social media hub experience included.

Message 54 of 137 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11156 posts

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

8GB DDR3 (3GB to OS; 5GB to Games) vs 8GB GDDR5 Unified RAM.

Which would you prefer in a GAMING console?

Message 55 of 137 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013
So let's see what they'll be most likely to have:

Halo
Gears
Fable
Forza (showing again)
And a bunch of Kinect games that core gamers really don't care about. They're rinsing and repeating the same old franchises. Microsoft is doing in three generations what took Nintendo 5 generations to do, only with a lot less titles.

For the very few games that were shown, they went about it all wrong. You don't start out with annual sports games that are cross platform. You start off with a solid exclusive. They went about the gaming aspect entirely wrong, and that only reinforces the fact that MS couldn't care less about gamers.
My PSN
Message 56 of 137 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

May 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

8GB DDR3 (3GB to OS; 5GB to Games) vs 8GB GDDR5 Unified RAM.

Which would you prefer in a GAMING console?

Can you give me a legit website that knows exactly what the 2 consoles will have in them exactly? Christ we didn't even see the PS4, they can tell you anything.

Message 57 of 137 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15795 posts

May 22, 2013

I'm waiting for more info at E3. Because neither company has really given me enough detail yet about either next-gen system. I need to see more, before deciding whether either system is worth getting at launch. I will say this though, Sony did show better games at their reveal IMO.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 58 of 137 (172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 22, 2013
We were however given detailed hardware specs on the ps4. Microsoft very briefly spoke of the hardware specs of the Xbox One. It has 8gb ram (most likely ddr3 since windows 8 doesn't support anything newer, a proprietary hard drive, a Blu-Ray drive that is almost exactly like the one in the original PS3, a new controller that is a mix of the XBOX and 360 controllers with a better dpad and triggers that are rounded on the side. It has an x86 processor with 64bit capabilities. The system is nothing to be proud of.
My PSN
Message 59 of 137 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

May 22, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
It's not fanboyism to say that the system is what it is, an underpowered unfocused sad excuse of a game system. The graphics quality is crap compared to the PS4, it is always on (only on standby) so it takes a lot of power, has 8gb of memory, but it's slow memory and almost half of it is already gone to the obscene 3 operating systems, and requires Internet to get any games for it (ign confirmed that there is no physical media for the system and games are tied to the account that purchases them, games cannot be played on other accounts without a separate fee for each additional account).

the_ed_85 wrote:

The said right at the show, it does not have to be always online. 8gb is the same as the PS4 and we have no official word on what the 2 are using, as I said we haven't even seen a PS4, so they can tell you anything, requires internet to get any games?huh? No physical media? do you mean no games on bluray discs? I just looked up your games played on PS3 and all your playing are hack and slash games.

Message 60 of 137 (169 Views)
0 Likes