Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

Can you give which console i can tell to go to ESPN or HBO and it turns the TV to that channel please.

Wow.  This is taking lazy to a whole new level.

If I want to watch TV, I can watch TV without turning on a separate power-sucking device to change the channel for me.

You are correct, can you tell me why people pay $30 to cell phone providers for internet on phones, when they have internet at home. See how this goes, the world wants these things so they get them. If im sitting down getting read y to watch a tv series movie and can tell it to switch channels that is a plus, not looking for the remote. Turn off your fanboy blinders and think about it.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 41 of 137 (280 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30956 posts

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

Can you give which console i can tell to go to ESPN or HBO and it turns the TV to that channel please.

If I want to watch TV, I can watch TV without turning on a separate power-sucking device to change the channel for me.

You are correct, can you tell me why people pay $30 to cell phone providers for internet on phones, when they have internet at home. See how this goes, the world wants these things so they get them. If im sitting down getting read y to watch a tv series movie and can tell it to switch channels that is a plus, not looking for the remote. Turn off your fanboy blinders and think about it.

That's a terrible example. A cell phone is portable device which is why it's special. An Xbox is not. 

Message 42 of 137 (273 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11009 posts

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

I'm not always at home when I need to use the internet.  And I pay $50/mo to be able to connect my Mac to my Phone when I don't feel like squinting at a 4 inch screen.

I've spent over 40 years without a device to change the TV channel for me at the sound of my voice.  Fanboyism has nothing to do with it.

See how this goes?  Mobile internet? A necessity for those that aren't home for much of the day.  Voice command TV?  Not so much.

Message 43 of 137 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

That's a terrible example. A cell phone is portable device which is why it's special. An Xbox is not. 

It's the fact that your paying for live, do I need to no, do I, yes, it is a better online service in my opinion. Now if I have internet at home, do I really need it on a 5 inch screen, no, but people do. It's how people spend their money, why should I or anyone else care. These people aren't stupid or getting ripped off, they are simple paying for something they think is better(Live is) or they need internet on the road, who cares.

Message 44 of 137 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

PHIBALNATION wrote:

I'm not always at home when I need to use the internet.  And I pay $50/mo to be able to connect my Mac to my Phone when I don't feel like squinting at a 4 inch screen.

I've spent over 40 years without a device to change the TV channel for me at the sound of my voice.  Fanboyism has nothing to do with it.

See how this goes?  Mobile internet? A necessity for those that aren't home for much of the day.  Voice command TV?  Not so much.

And you probably spent 30-35 years fine without internet on the go, but now your paying a outrageous price for it, and on a little 5 inch screen on the go.

Message 45 of 137 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 22, 2013
You're also missing the point that above all else, the Xbox One is a gaming console. It does extremely little meet the expectations of a gaming console and people that don't play games aren't going to buy a gaming console to control their TV for them. They're not going to add an unneeded $60/year bill for XBL when they already have access to everything they need. What Microsoft did was singlehandedly kill themselves in the gaming market.

The system is so unfocused on games that it will fail without a doubt. They said that it was "for players, by players." This line was very clearly a giant heap of bs. If it was "for players, by players" it would focus on gaming, which it epically fails harder than any game system ever announced.
My PSN
Message 46 of 137 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
You're also missing the point that above all else, the Xbox One is a gaming console. It does extremely little meet the expectations of a gaming console and people that don't play games aren't going to buy a gaming console to control their TV for them. They're not going to add an unneeded $60/year bill for XBL when they already have access to everything they need. What Microsoft did was singlehandedly kill themselves in the gaming market.

The system is so unfocused on games that it will fail without a doubt. They said that it was "for players, by players." This line was very clearly a giant heap of bs. If it was "for players, by players" it would focus on gaming, which it epically fails harder than any game system ever announced.

Lets see what the 8 exclusives are, and we can reply to that. If its 5 or 6 kinect games< i agree with you. If they become blockbuster, then I havea system with great games and the option of a great media entertainment hub also.

Message 47 of 137 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013
I see a lot of Kinect games coming because of the large amount of focus (over 20 minutes) being targeted at the Kinect 2 and it's new features (the mic with voice commands and new motion controls). They put so much focus on Kinect that they repeated several commands to try to emphasize it even further.
My PSN
Message 48 of 137 (238 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11009 posts

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:
Lets see what the 8 exclusives are, and we can reply to that. If its 5 or 6 kinect games< i agree with you. If they become blockbuster, then I havea system with great games and the option of a great media entertainment hub also.

I predict that at least 6 of them will be tied in some way to Kinect.

What else will that underpowered brick have to offer for the next decade?

Message 49 of 137 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

May 22, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
I see a lot of Kinect games coming because of the large amount of focus (over 20 minutes) being targeted at the Kinect 2 and it's new features (the mic with voice commands and new motion controls). They put so much focus on Kinect that they repeated several commands to try to emphasize it even further.

As far as kinect for skype, your media center, and exercise games it useless to me for anything else. But MS has the money to put out 6 or 8 great games that are exclusive for the system, and support them. Sony has got lucky with having a few great exclusive, with their limited budget and losing profits at alarming rates.

Message 50 of 137 (222 Views)
0 Likes