Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/14/2007
Offline
5320 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

I'm getting a PS4. You just can't not play the exclusives Sony has.

Message 31 of 137 (376 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/08/2006
Offline
141 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

Being a gamer and not a fanboy, I will wait till the E3 showing, the xbox one with the TV control is a great way to move into the future, but it needs Games, and they are saying 8 exclusive, hopefully not kinect games. The PS4 in my mind has exclusive, a few, but they are really getting stale, as are halo and I can't stand gears. As of right now if they sold them tomorrow, I would get xbox one and not get PS4 till a couple price drops, just because i am on a playstation site doesn't mean anything. And I have never paid $60 for a 12 month live subscription, you can always find them for $35 or $40, if that's too much your in the wrong hobby anyways.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 32 of 137 (374 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

Being a gamer and not a fanboy, I will wait till the E3 showing, the xbox one with the TV control is a great way to move into the future, but it needs Games, and they are saying 8 exclusive, hopefully not kinect games. The PS4 in my mind has exclusive, a few, but they are really getting stale, as are halo and I can't stand gears. As of right now if they sold them tomorrow, I would get xbox one and not get PS4 till a couple price drops, just because i am on a playstation site doesn't mean anything. And I have never paid $60 for a 12 month live subscription, you can always find them for $35 or $40, if that's too much your in the wrong hobby anyways.


Green: That has been around for awhile now...future? More like moving into the present.

Red and Blue sections contradict each other and please tell us what else happens in the future since nobody knows the price of the Ps4 yet.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 33 of 137 (371 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

PS4..Day 1 pre order if possible .....Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 34 of 137 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/08/2006
Offline
141 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

Can you give which console i can tell to go to ESPN or HBO and it turns the TV to that channel please.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 35 of 137 (364 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/03/2013
Offline
3317 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

The Xbox brand has their fan base locked down, it really doesnt matter. Xbox, for all the games it does has, comes down to Halo, and ealry access to CoD DLC, which gets 90% of their user-base frothing with excitement. 

 

Dont agree? Then explain why those were 2 major points of their announcement of the XboxONE(dumbest...name...EVER)


Sad, but true.

Twitter: @XenokingX
Message 36 of 137 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/08/2006
Offline
141 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

The Xbox brand has their fan base locked down, it really doesnt matter. Xbox, for all the games it does has, comes down to Halo, and ealry access to CoD DLC, which gets 90% of their user-base frothing with excitement. 

 

Dont agree? Then explain why those were 2 major points of their announcement of the XboxONE(dumbest...name...EVER)


Sad, but true.


And party chat, sports games and clans can use this and it works great. I do think PS4 will have this, this time around but haven't announced anything official. Chatting on PS3 is down right terrible.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 37 of 137 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013
When you really think about it, Halo and CoD weren't even all that major. What they showed of Halo wasn't even a game. It was a TV show that they want to put on XBL. CoD is a passing thing. It was the more major of the games, but I think Activizion is banking on the Xbox One being the front runner again, and it's very clear that it won't be. The non-gaming community is not going to buy an Xbox One when they already have DVR, Blu-Ray, Roku, Tablets/phones/computers and smart TVs that let them have access to everything they need already at no extra cost. Why would any non-gamer pay $500ish (estimated by IGN) for a gaming console when they don't play games and then shell out more money to MS for XBL to get access to everything that they already have access to. It doesn't make any sense.

This is why the Xbox One is going to fail in all aspects. People don't buy gaming systems to not play games on. Blu-Ray is not new anymore, and is a lot cheaper than buying a new game console. MS is targeting the broadest audience thy can, but people already have everything that this system can do, so there's no point in getting it. Why go through the hassle of calling your cable/satellite provider to register the Xbox One for transmission reception, changing your entire setup when you don't have to, having to make sure that the Xbox One is able to work with your cable/satellite provider, having to program the system to manage your cable/satellite box, TV, sound system, etc. The way that MS did this is nuts. They may have always had this in their vision, but it's to late to try to do this now. There are just to many devices out there now that are able to do the same things.
My PSN
Message 38 of 137 (352 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 08/28/2008
Online
10908 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

Can you give which console i can tell to go to ESPN or HBO and it turns the TV to that channel please.


Wow.  This is taking lazy to a whole new level.

 

If I want to watch TV, I can watch TV without turning on a separate power-sucking device to change the channel for me.

Message 39 of 137 (350 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/14/2008
Online
3198 posts
 

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 22, 2013

After everything I just read about the new xbox, I'm definitely staying, was never really going to leave, and getting a ps4.



"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev



Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 40 of 137 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes