Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

May 23, 2013

AchillesVsHector wrote:

As long as Sony doesn't force an always online connection to play single player games, or doesn't allow for users to play used games for free, than I have no problems with Sony. Sony is for the people, otherwise they could very well just do what Microsoft is doing. Believe what you want, but I don't think Sony is evil company at all. I think it's the American Company Microsoft people should be worried about. 

You do realize SONY put DRM software on your computer back in the 90s to tell if music was stolen or not right? Its not about a "belief" its about looking at history and judging accordingly. Now, I THINK, they have learned from that mistake, but my point is...dont put these multi-billion dollar companies on a pedestal...

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 101 of 137 (241 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10901 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

AchillesVsHector wrote:

As long as Sony doesn't force an always online connection to play single player games, or doesn't allow for users to play used games for free, than I have no problems with Sony. Sony is for the people, otherwise they could very well just do what Microsoft is doing. Believe what you want, but I don't think Sony is evil company at all. I think it's the American Company Microsoft people should be worried about. 

While I typically don't buy used games (I've been buying most of my games digitally lately), I have bought a couple of games used, and didn't mind too much paying for an online pass.

The problem with used games is that the developers make zilch off of a used game sale.  The online pass is the way that many developers have recouped some of that money lost.  Places like Gamestop and Disc Replay see HUGE profits from used game sales (they give you six bucks for your used game, then turn around and put it on the shelf for three times that amount).

In some ways, I almost wish that both Sony and Microsoft WOULD disallow the use of pre-owned games.  It would put those lowlife used game shops out of business.  On the other hand, disallowing the use of pre-owned games would also affect the ability to take a game to a friend's house to share it, so it's a textbook case of catch-22.

Message 102 of 137 (233 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 23, 2013
Some of the games I like to play (Genji: Days of the Blade for example) isn't available any more in retail chains like Walmart. I checked it out and the game is $14 - $80 online (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_8?k=genji+days+of+the+blade&sprefix=Genji+da). I went to GameStop and got the only copy they had for $3. It's the only game I've purchased for either of my 2 ps3 systems that I bought used. Blocking used games for me is not an issue. I don't rent games, nor do I borrow them. If I want to play a game, I buy them new. I know how much it takes to make these games and I fully support paying the many, many people for their years of hard work.

As for what Microsoft is doing, they're stupid as all hell. No physical media (according to IGN), voice control that will require the Internet to determine the language and compensate for accents, 3 operating systems, and requiring the XBL Gold to watch Blu-Ray, TV, access services that are paid for on their own, and most of the features that the system offers. The system is so money hungry it simply won't work. This is why I say that MS has committed console suicide.
My PSN
Message 103 of 137 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013
If anyone has any doubts about the Internet requirements of xb1 or most important other questions, here's a link

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know
My PSN
Message 104 of 137 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

Just an FYI since I'm on xblive as well; they're ripping xb1 apart over there too. MS really screwed the pooch on this one.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 105 of 137 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1536 posts

May 23, 2013

Well, you have a choice. Play games ( PS4 ) or do everything but play games ( Xbox none )? It's a no brainer. I like to play games, and since Sony knows that's what people want to do on their gamming console, it's going to be the PS4. I don't want to yell at my TV to turn it on, or yell at it to play games, i don't want to yell at it at all. I just want to play.

Message 106 of 137 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Playstation 4.  The exclusives such as inFamous, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Sly, and others are enough to win me over. 

"Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-Lord Tennyson "Ulysses"

Message 107 of 137 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 2, 2013

What I cannot understand is why these companies think that their PSN Store and games on demand store are exempt from the law of competition. M$ thinks they are entitled to your wallets when there are better alternatives. So now instead of competing they are just trying to make those alternatives irrelevant by not be compatible with them. M$ did not do this against Apple PC instead they made their office suite accessible on Mac. So what is so different from used games. I think that games last gen did not have successful business models compaired to PC with microtransactions, DLC. They really struggled in the beginning with that concept and if they were successful with it I wonder if we would still be in the same situation today with this anti-consumer features?

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 108 of 137 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 2, 2013
Ps4 ! What's an xbox O.o
Message 109 of 137 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13084 posts

Jun 2, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

AchillesVsHector wrote:

While I typically don't buy used games (I've been buying most of my games digitally lately), I have bought a couple of games used, and didn't mind too much paying for an online pass.

The problem with used games is that the developers make zilch off of a used game sale.  The online pass is the way that many developers have recouped some of that money lost.  Places like Gamestop and Disc Replay see HUGE profits from used game sales (they give you six bucks for your used game, then turn around and put it on the shelf for three times that amount).

In some ways, I almost wish that both Sony and Microsoft WOULD disallow the use of pre-owned games.  It would put those lowlife used game shops out of business.  On the other hand, disallowing the use of pre-owned games would also affect the ability to take a game to a friend's house to share it, so it's a textbook case of catch-22.

When someone sells a car do the car makers get any money from it? No.  used car owners don't get punished like that why should we? Video game companies already made millions off the game anyways....

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 110 of 137 (107 Views)
0 Likes