Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Re: XBOX1 or Ps4 ?

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

4 is bigger than 1 so PS4 must be 4 times as powerful as Xbox 1

seriously I am getting a PS4 anyway - much better exclusives and they support indie developers

Message 91 of 137 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 22, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

The Xbox brand has their fan base locked down, it really doesnt matter. Xbox, for all the games it does has, comes down to Halo, and early access to CoD DLC, which gets 90% of their user-base frothing with excitement. 

Dont agree? Then explain why those were 2 major points of their announcement of the XboxONE(dumbest...name...EVER)

I don't know if they've got their fan base locked down any longer. Just going based off my area of the country I have a feeling the bulk of the young male military gamers won't be buying an Xbox One unless they're on shore duty. I live in a big military area and there are a lot of Navy members in particular. Based off of what I do know about the military and the Navy's stance on devices that could be used for recording (whether intentional or not) the Xbox One won't be allowed on the Navy's ships or submarines.

Most sailors are out to sea for 6 months on average, sometimes much longer with no internet access. Soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries are often there for several months and often don't have internet access either, similar to the sailors on Naval Vessels. There is an internal intranet where the military can send out emails stateside, but sailors can't simply log into their game consoles to play Cod on that intranet. 

Many of the sailor's I've spoken to who play video games, often prefer the Xbox console for its' shooters. But if you have to access the internet once a day just to be able to use your system, they w on't be able to game at all for months on end. Who'd want to buy a system they can't use when they're out to sea or in foreign lands?

Add into that many gamers who live in rural areas without reliable internet access, or people who aren't able to afford the internet, and you've got a huge portion of gamers who aren't going to be able to access their consoles at all.

I haven't had a chance to chat with any of the sailors yet about the XBox One, but from the conversations I've had with co-workers, so far it's not a pretty picture for MS.

Message 92 of 137 (253 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 22, 2013

PHIBALNATION wrote:

Can you give which console i can tell to go to ESPN or HBO and it turns the TV to that channel please.

Why in the world would you want to talk to your video game console? Are you unable to use your controller to go to the channel you want to watch? You have to pay for XBox Gold to be able to watch television. So in addition to your television provider's fees, you've got to pay another yearly fee to access that stuff on your game console.

I buy game consoles to play video games, not to watch television. Seems to me Microsoft is promoting television and Skype more than they are gaming.

Message 93 of 137 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 22, 2013

I don't care about Xbox...I want PS4!!!

Message 94 of 137 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

May 22, 2013

I only own one game on my xbox 360, and paying for online isnt exactly something i like to do. Obviously PS4, since there will be a Killzone title on it. I dont think I will ever be getting a xbox one

KZMProductionsGT
Message 95 of 137 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

my first thought with a possible same week/month release in 2013 was a simple wait 6 months then decide. how ever if the xbox one can not be operated using a hand controller and the kinect off then i will not even care about how well that system may otherwise perform or what features,like skype,are offered. 

also any mandatory need for any online connection, even if but once per day, is lame and could be a deal breaker for some gamers.

microsoft did not help the current used game fears by having convoluted and contradictory answers on that subject stated by Phil Harrison in a post reveal interview.

my opinion is i like the current option to buy used games or barrow or rent a game. also i buy the games new as the price is not much more at the local stores, but sometimes a used copy is the only copy in stock. 

i am a gamer so what i want is awesome games and that takes healthy companies well stocked with talented staffs so i understand the need to police pirating. changes to used games may be just a part of the evolution of gaming.

the bottom line is that i will still wait 6 months ,at least ,before i decide which console i will buy.  i will wait and see which promises turn out real and how well each console really works.

right now i am leaning towards sony because of the contoller,the faith that the ps4 browser will be better than the ps3 browser,that basic on line will remain free , and that porting games is not a problem like with some games on the ps3. also that any talking to a ps4 would only be an optional feature.

Message 96 of 137 (213 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13581 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

<blockquote>

I don't know if they've got their fan base locked down any longer. Just going based off my area of the country I have a feeling the bulk of the young male military gamers won't be buying an Xbox One unless they're on shore duty. I live in a big military area and there are a lot of Navy members in particular. Based off of what I do know about the military and the Navy's stance on devices that could be used for recording (whether intentional or not) the Xbox One won't be allowed on the Navy's ships or submarines.

Most sailors are out to sea for 6 months on average, sometimes much longer with no internet access. Soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries are often there for several months and often don't have internet access either, similar to the sailors on Naval Vessels. There is an internal intranet where the military can send out emails stateside, but sailors can't simply log into their game consoles to play Cod on that intranet. 

Many of the sailor's I've spoken to who play video games, often prefer the Xbox console for its' shooters. But if you have to access the internet once a day just to be able to use your system, they w on't be able to game at all for months on end. Who'd want to buy a system they can't use when they're out to sea or in foreign lands?

Add into that many gamers who live in rural areas without reliable internet access, or people who aren't able to afford the internet, and you've got a huge portion of gamers who aren't going to be able to access their consoles at all.

I haven't had a chance to chat with any of the sailors yet about the XBox One, but from the conversations I've had with co-workers, so far it's not a pretty picture for MS.</blockquote>

You hit the nail on the head there, PapaWarlock. MS is going to run into one heck of a problem due to people who don't or can't have internet access. They'd pretty much would be screwed on the whole 'being on the internet at least once a day' thing period. It would be a real hassle having to drag their system over to a internet hotspot just for the free service. Silly as that may sound, that's where some people are at. They can't afford or don't live in an area where internet is available.

It's becoming a world of haves and have nots in a way, and MS is just showing how far it's becoming more and more aimed at more affluent gamers and leaving the rest of us in the dust Smiley Sad. Not everyone can be able to access what MS wants them to access.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 97 of 137 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

May 22, 2013

As far as I know, Sony is for the gamer and Microsoft is against the gamer. 

PS4= DRM FREE 

XboxOne= Drm

Microsoft is an idiot company and they do not deserve your Money. It's obvious Sony is the Company that cares about their Customers, otherwise Sony could have filled their Console up with DRM that ruins the experience for the Gamer. PS4 WINS! SONY is the better Company! 

Message 98 of 137 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 22, 2013

AchillesVsHector wrote:

As far as I know, Sony is for the gamer and Microsoft is against the gamer. 

PS4= DRM FREE 

XboxOne= Drm

Microsoft is an idiot company and they do not deserve your Money. It's obvious Sony is the Company that cares about their Customers, otherwise Sony could have filled their Console up with DRM that ruins the experience for the Gamer. PS4 WINS! SONY is the better Company! 

Hmm, you probably arent aware of SONY's history with DRM are you?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 99 of 137 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

As long as Sony doesn't force an always online connection to play single player games, or doesn't allow for users to play used games for free, than I have no problems with Sony. Sony is for the people, otherwise they could very well just do what Microsoft is doing. Believe what you want, but I don't think Sony is evil company at all. I think it's the American Company Microsoft people should be worried about. 

Message 100 of 137 (182 Views)
0 Likes