The dogfight for the Intercontinental Championship has gotten bitter for Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro. Hardy was able to regain the championship last week, but after the match, Nitro solidified his standing as a sore loser by attacking Hardy and slamming him in the face with a ladder. What will happen when Hardy defends his championship against Nitro in a Ladder Match? The confidence must be swelling inside of Hardy, who has participated in some of the most brutal and memorable Ladder Matches in WWE history. Nitro on the other hand, has no experience.
236. The following is an updated line-up for next week's WWE pay-per-view Survivor Series:
DX (co-captains) CM Punk, Matt & Jeff Hardy vs. Rated RKO (co-captains), Johnny Nitro, Mike Knox & Gregory HelmsJohn Cena (Captain), Kane, Lashley, Sabu & RVD vs. Big Show (Captain), Test, MVP, Finlay & Umaga
Ric Flair (captain), Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter & a Legend to be named vs. Kenny (captain), Johnny, Nicky & Mikey
U.S. Championship Match Chris Benoit vs. Chavo Guerrero
World Heavyweight Championship Match Batista vs. King Booker
First Blood Match Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy
Women's Championship Match Lita vs. Mickie James
237. In case you haven't noticed, all the major 2007 pay-per-views are based on historical anniversaries. Obviously, WrestleMania is the 20th anniversary of WrestleMania 3 in Detroit and the 2007 Survivor Series is the 10th anniversary of the Montreal one. Also, the 2007 Royal Rumble will be held in San Antonio and it will be the 10th anniversary of Shawn Michaels beating Sid for the title in front of 60,525 people. Lastly, the 2007 SummerSlam will be held in the Continental Airlines Arena, the same venue of the 1997 SummerSlam.
238. Hogan Knows Best on 10/22 was the 10th highest rated cable show of the week in the 18-34 demographic. It had 1,068,000 viewers in that demo. Raw the same week had 1,186,000, TNA had roughly 400,000 and Ultimate Fighter had about 650,000.
239. Seven days after the Survivor Series, ECW's December to Dismember PPV will be taking place. The show was originally scheduled to take place in Chicago, but was soon moved to Augusta, GA. It was moved there to take away any historical ECW home court type of environment. Internally, WWE producer Kevin Dunn's choice of city and refusal to move it was done to insure that it doesn't have the raucous atmosphere the prior ECW PPV events had.
240. The WWE Storyline Writers have been put under pressure from Vince McMahon to make RAW more 'edgy' due to the success of Smackdown recently.
241. Regarding Bobby Lashley's move to ECW, he is close with Paul Heyman (Heyman got him called up to WWE a bit early) and he convinced both Lashley and Vince McMahon that he should make the jump. There is skepticism from people internally because Lashley is going to be pushed as ECW's top star, but the feeling is that he's not ready for that sort of position, even on the C show, and won't be able to draw. He will be a strong babyface because McMahon feels that ECW needs another strong babyface. Although, there is talk of turning him heel and having him feud with RVD or CM Punk in the future. It wouldn't be a surprise if he won the belt at ECW December to Dismember. Also, reports of Lashley leaving because of problems with Michael Hayes have been denied. It is now being said that he was promised the top spot in ECW, and with Batista around on SmackDown, he'd never get that spot, and that's why decided to change brands.
Message Edited by Basil Zero on 11-19-2006 03:27 PM
Just hours before Raw goes live, reports are that all members from all Survivor Series teams will be present in Baltimore tonight. This includes competitors from both ECW and SmackDown. If the rumors are true, it could be a very volatile situation just six days before Survivor Series.
Suspicions were amplified as WWE.com witnessed CM Punk – a member of Team DX – step into a taxi at a downtown Baltimore hotel, and the spotting of the Extreme Giant Big Show at a local restaurant earlier.
Could the ECW World Champion and Survivor Series team captain be in town for tonight’s edition of Raw? What does this mean for the Raw roster on hand at the First Mariner Arena in Baltimore?
The ECW house show planned for tonight was cancelled so that everyone could be brought to RAW to shoot angles. Expect many SD! and ECW stars tonight.
248. According to the Halifax Chronicle Herald, actor James Rogers is claiming to have signed a three year WWE contract.
249. Earlier Announced about a month ago, but now IMDB.com has added some new details on the fourth WWE Movie, "Jornada del muerto." The plot outline reads, "A modern-day Western where gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor rule." Also, the initial cast list for the movie reads like this in the following order; Paul Levesque (it is believed that Triple H will be the main star of the movie), John Cena, Mark Calaway (The Undertaker), Shawn Michaels, and Batista (Dave Batista)The movie is scheduled to be released in 2007. Hopefully this is true.
250. You should expect a heavy influx of brand new "WWE Divas" to join the promotion in 2007. World Wrestling Entertainment is currently on what is being called a "bikini model signing spree."
The WWE overlords have told Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis to sign between ten and fifteen bikini models. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if they have seen pro wrestling before in their lives. Basically, you should expect to see a whole lot more "Kelly Kelly's" than trained women wrestlers getting called up to WWE in the near future. Although, recent rating trends have indicated that the women segments haven't drawn as well as they have in the past. Then again, it doesn't seem to be of much concern for WWE as there would be some hot new young meat for the males to hit on backstage - seriously.
WWE currently has 23 female performers on the main roster. In addition to that, there's probably between 15 and 20 more girls down in the developmental leagues (though maybe half of them are under contract to WWE), and they're all vying for a shot to join the big leagues as well. It should be interesting to see if WWE will actually have 30+ women on the main roster by the end of 2007 (and perhaps between 50 and 60 girls affiliated with WWE if you include OVW and DSW), or if WWE will be forced to release some of the lower tier WWE Divas (and probably a good portion of the developmental girls) to make room for the next generation of WWE Divas as there's only so many people they can have on televison and perhaps under contract. At the very least, WWE's latest directive will surely put a lot of added pressure on all but the top female performers in the company for the time being.
252. Lance Storm has agreed to become a columnist for the Fight Network in Canada.
253. Despite the claim by Jeff Jarrett that Hulk Hogan signed a 20 year contract with WWE during last week's conference call, the former WCW and WWE champion stated in a recent interview that he is working on a handshake deal with Vince McMahon. Hmmm.
254. On Saturday, you can meet Smackdown superstar Mr. Kennedy from 2 to 4PM at Chickie's and Pete's in Philadelphia, PA.
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Armed Forces Entertainment has once again invited World Wrestling Entertainment® (NYSE:WWE - News) to bring holiday cheer and perform a series of wrestling matches for U.S. troops based in Iraq.
On Christmas night, the WWE will present "WWE Tribute to the Troops: Christmas in Baghdad," which airs on USA Network Monday night at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 8:00 p.m. Central. This television special will highlight military personnel telling their stories, interacting with WWE Superstars, and enjoying a presentation of WWE action.
This year, the WWE will be teaming up with America Supports You, A Million Thanks, and Microsoft to show support for our uniformed personnel.
For more information, go to www.wwe.com.
Trademarks: The names of all World Wrestling Entertainment televised and live programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment logos are trademarks which are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Message Edited by 2_Damn_Dangerous on 11-21-2006 02:33 PM
256. Gymini's profile has been removed from the Smackdown page on wwe.com257. Here are Blockbuster Video's top ten videogame rentals for the week ending November 19, 2006:
1. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 - PS2 ( )
2. Gears of War - X360
3. Tony Hawk's Project 8 - PS2
4. Call of Duty 3 - PS2
5. Call of Duty 3 - X360
6. Call of Duty 3 - Xbox
7. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - PS2
8. Bully - PS2
9. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 - X360 (HA HA )
10. Tony Hawk's Project 8 - X360258. Sources from within WWE indicate that the talks with MMA star Bob Sapp have broken off.259. Sources also indicate that JBL is getting the itch to return to the ring in early 2007.260. from JR's blog:
We can report that Jim “J.R.” Ross signed a new contract with World Wrestling Entertainment Monday in Baltimore prior to going on the air for Monday Night Raw. Terms of the agreement were not made public.
Message Edited by 2_Damn_Dangerous on 11-22-2006 12:36 AM
Most of the talent that signed on for ECW back in the spring agreed to some really low downside contracts. Most of the "ECW Originals" agreed to $500 a week deals (or about $26,000 a year), which is actually less than what a lot of the developmental talent get, not to mention considerably less than what lower tier RAW and SmackDown talent get. The downsides are so low for ECW talent that their biggest acquisition, Sabu, agreed to a $1,500 a week contract ($78,000 a year). Although, considering that he's solidly booked and often appears at pay-per-view events, he'll earn far more due to bonuses.
Internally, the plan is to combine ECW and SmackDown house shows (and some RAW) until at least April 2007.
262. RAW scored a 3.7 rating last night.
263. The next WWE European tour is scheduled to take place from 4/14 through 4/24. RAW and Smackdown will be taped on 4/16 & 4/17 in Milan, Italy and again on 4/23 & 4/24 in London. This is believed to be the first time WWE has done two straight weeks of tapings outside North America.
264. Here's a brief update on things down in Deep South Wrestling, WWE's secondary developmental territory; Ryan O'Reilly, who had been appearing at ECW house shows in tag team matches with Derek Neikirk before being suspended for 30 days due to a drug test failure back in September, now has a completely different and a less impressive physique. For people wondering where Gangrel is, he's still under contract to WWE and regularly appearing on DSW shows under his real name, David Heath. There is another new Diva down in DSW, her name is Brooke Adams - who is a bikini model. Adams tried out for this year's Diva Search, but didn't make the cut. She now has a role in DSW as an interviewer. Although, she doesn't have a developmental contract just yet. And last but not least, Krissy Vaine has a new role in the form of the commissioner of DSW.
265. As things stand, Stone Cold Steve Austin will play a prominent role at Wrestlemania, but has no interest in wrestling on the show.
266. According to reports, D-Generation X will be featured in the advertising campaign for the New Year's Revolution PPV in January of 2007. DX will be dressed as figures from the Revolutionary War.
267. WWE's Deep South Wrestling developmental territory has now started to fine wrestlers $250 for breaking kayfabe (character) while in public together in places such as bars and restaurants. While that might not seem like so much, it should be noted that many developmental talent are only paid $500 a week.
268. Rey Mysterio's contract expires around the time he'll be returning from his recent knee surgery.
2_Damn_Dangerous wrote:I'm helping ya out!
Message Edited by 2_Damn_Dangerous on 11-21-2006 02:33 PM